Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #15
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drags1998 View Post
Oh, I researched it, You don't think I would make a post like that without doing some research first. I'm OLD, But not STUPID!!! One thing experience has taught Me. Use what the PRO's use, Not what some DUMBF#$K on a forum SAYS He uses. Have a nice day
Someone needs a nap and his binky.

And then I would suggest he use Google to find out about the latest generation of coatings that the professionals really use, not the one bubba down at Walmart tells him is 'best'.

I don't think there is a facepalm gif big enough for this guy. Sheesh. The new breed of American's... disagree with them using facts, and they just get belligerent. Example No. 1 of what's wrong with people today.

And to the OP: I'm buying a new car very, very soon, and I'll be having some OP corrected and CQuartz UK put on it.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #16
Cautionary tale

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss summit white
Hey

With all the other stuff I want to do, ground effects front splitter dark taillamps I might just do light baby washes and then mothers or Mcguire, I'm afraid of screwing something up and don't want to spend alot of money on it.... detail if ever selling maybe....
Cautionary tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #17
Curr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cautionary tale View Post
With all the other stuff I want to do, ground effects front splitter dark taillamps I might just do light baby washes and then mothers or Mcguire, I'm afraid of screwing something up and don't want to spend alot of money on it.... detail if ever selling maybe....
Depends what you consider a lot. "The guy" for CQuartz around me charges $250 for UK. Guarantee's it for 18 months, maybe it was 24.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #18
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Dave you didn't ask me, but I use UK exclusively, I get more work time and it's a bit thicker coating. SLIGHTLY more finnikky, but not bad. Wipe & level after 5-7 min.
I've heard UK is easier overall. I've got a 30ml bottle of the regular I ordered after I ordered Essence.
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #19
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
If you're going to go ceramic coating route don't wait for contaminants and swirls to pile up or you'll be looking at 2 stage paint correction, decon, clay etc... which will turn into a $800-1000 bill vs 400-700 if you take it right away.
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:08 AM   #20
Gen_Nick3.8

Also if money is tight I would go for clear bra (x-pel) vs CQuartz.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:38 AM   #21
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
these do diff things, not the same...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #22
Gen_Nick3.8

Quote:
these do diff things, not the same...
I obviously stated clear bra, cquartz is a coating I know the diffrance
Old 01-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #23
Curr

Quote:
I obviously stated clear bra, cquartz is a coating I know the diffrance
I think Glen is referring to is that you CQuartz the entire car, up to, and sometimes including wheels and glass. Where as clear bra is only applied to the nose, and sometimes the forward side of mirrors. Usually people don't cross shop the two products.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Old 01-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #24
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I think Glen is referring to is that you CQuartz the entire car, up to, and sometimes including wheels and glass. Where as clear bra is only applied to the nose, and sometimes the forward side of mirrors. Usually people don't cross shop the two products.
correct...thanks....
Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #25
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I've done clear bras on a few cars...like the results and protection.

I am new to this CQuartz stuff, is this just a paint protector, or does this somehow protect against road debris and such like a clear bra does?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #26
tejesh83

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I was gonna go with a coating, but the paint prep step scared me away. Looks like coatings are thicker and offer longer more durable protection, so I'd like to try it some day.

I used zaino products on my last car and had great results with their sealants. It usually lasted about 6 months, so it was pretty low maintenance but a bit pricey. I was planning to go with the same stuff for the Camaro when I stumbled across Duragloss on a few detailing forums. For less than $10, they sell their Duragloss 105 polish that supposedly lasts a year. Double the protection, half the cost, and favorable reviews sold me on it.

I did my first detail with the stuff a couple weekends ago and I'm impressed. 2 weeks in, and the paint still feels slick like glass and the dust just blows off. It may not last as long some of these new coatings, but if it lives up to its year of protection or even something close to that, this stuff is an absolute bargain for the protection it provides.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #27
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
I've done clear bras on a few cars...like the results and protection.

I am new to this CQuartz stuff, is this just a paint protector, or does this somehow protect against road debris and such like a clear bra does?
Coatings will not protect from rock abrasion , so A paint film is still necessary upfront, it just protects for a couple years against marring, swirls and minor micro scratches in the paint by setting up a silica ceramic barrier. It's the real deal. But it's more expensive and it requires polish prep.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #28
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Coatings will not protect from rock abrasion , so A paint film is still necessary upfront, it just protects for a couple years against marring, swirls and minor micro scratches in the paint by setting up a silica ceramic barrier. It's the real deal. But it's more expensive and it requires polish prep.
Thank you, I still am going to look into this, definitely doing a clear bra. Mine will not de a daily driver, so not sure if the CQuartz will be worth it...will have to think about it.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote