Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #15
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Next time try this..... I got better results with it then the ultimate polish. The ultimate polish contains glazes, which fill in small spots until you wash the car, it's a small difference but it's significant.
Thanks, will have to try it! I was looking at some of their professional products, I have always really like their Ultimate products, so I have stuck with those.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #16
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The real way to get this to pop for months is:
1.additional single application of CS
2. Do a rinseless with duragloss rinseless
3. Every 4th rinseless, While car is still wet, before drying, spray on duragloss aqua wax, one spritz per panel, two on hood,etc.
4 dry with waffle weave, at the same time you are laying on the aquawax Sealant

I have been stopped in parking lots, with this regimen.....The great thing about this is they do not Layer up and get smeary, they abrade with time, so they always look good right up until you need more than three or four months. If your car is garage and you take care of it I can get 6 to 9 months out of a single coat of CS. Also after a short period of time CS does not bead, it sheets off, so some will think they need to put more on and they really don't, it's still very glossy

Cheap shipping when you order off duragloss site
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #17
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
I know a lot depends on what happened to it, but until swirls / scratches really start to show up, subsequent applications of a sealant shouldn't require polish, right? Maybe just a claying / nano cloth and then reapply?
Old 01-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #18
SSport16

Quote:
The real way to get this to pop for months is:
1.additional single application of CS
2. Do a rinseless with duragloss rinseless
3. Every 4th rinseless, While car is still wet, before drying, spray on duragloss aqua wax, one spritz per panel, two on hood,etc.
4 dry with waffle weave, at the same time you are laying on the aquawax Sealant

I have been stopped in parking lots, with this regimen.....The great thing about this is they do not Layer up and get smeary, they abrade with time, so they always look good right up until you need more than three or four months. If your car is garage and you take care of it I can get 6 to 9 months out of a single coat of CS. Also after a short period of time CS does not bead, it sheets off, so some will think they need to put more on and they really don't, it's still very glossy

Cheap shipping when you order off duragloss site
Awesome, I will try this!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #19
Glen e

Correct, I polish only once a year, if it needs it. finishing polish is virtually non abrasive, it's more of a paint cleaner. I asked the same question over at one of the detailing sites five years ago was told by the pros that run the site that you can polish a car for hundred times with finishing polish and not do any damage. Put it between your thumb and forefinger and there's virtually no abrasiveness felt . Let's put it this way, it's used on motorcycle windshield and face shields, and doesn't blur the surface at all , it's just cleans it.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #20
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Glen E & SSport,

Seeing how great your cars look from your products you use, I'm a little confused on what to use here for detailing. But, I have always followed the "Meguair's 5 Steps to Show CAR Perfect Paint", This is what I use after washing my car:

Step 1 : Washing

Step 2: Cleaning/ Prepping, Products used Meguairs Clay Kit with Quik Detailer OR Swirl X or Ultimate Compound (If the car is in good condition and free of defects, go straight to polishing)

Step 3: Polishing
Products used, Meguairs Deep Crystal Polish OR Meguiars Ultimate Polish

Step 4: Waxing (Protection)
Products used: Meguairs Ultimate Liquid wax OR Paste Tech Wax 2.0

Step 5 Detailer (Maintaining)
Products used meguairs Ultimate Quik Detailer to remove light dust or finger prints

What do you guys think of the products that I use and Do I need to make any adjustments or add any products that you guys use to my car detailing?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #21
Glen e

Too much work for me...but a good plan if you lke meguires stuff, I personally think Mcguires makes great polishes, and mediocre waxes/sealsnts. Since you asked, did you read my docs?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #22
Zack46

Quote:
Too much work for me...but a good plan if you lke meguires stuff, I personally think Mcguires makes great polishes, and mediocre waxes/sealsnts.
What do you suggest for waxes/sealants?

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 01-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #23
Glen e

Again did you read the docs? Read docs 1-3....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acxkaf44c...VlC5djtQa?dl=0

The jist:
Wash andNanoskin at the same time -30 min
Meg 205 finishing polish -45 min to 1hour
Crystal seal- 30 min
Done - This will cut at least an hour at least off your proposed plan with still the same amount of gloss and durability of your plan. You just don't have to work that hard with high tech products.

Wash with rinseless

Last edited by Glen e; 01-18-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #24
Zack46

Will this work for waxing? Spray directly onto car and use microfiber towel to work into paint.
Attached Images

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 01-18-2016, 09:29 PM   #25
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Will this work for waxing? Spray directly onto car and use microfiber towel to work into paint.
That is the last stage zack - after washing/waxing/sealing. And, it's applied very sparingly with no buffing.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #26
SSport16

Zack...basically feeding off of Glen and from my experiences with detailing and the Blackfire CS. You are doing WAY too many steps listed above. I have learned to work smarter over the years, saving time and doing a better job. I chose not to clay my car, I intially did a 2 bucket wash for the first wash when I picked up the car, car was pretty dirty. I had a bunch of scratches, swirls, scrapes, etc. from the whole shipping process, so I used Mequiars Ultimate Compound with my orbital buffer, spent a couple of hours, but got them all out. Basically a one time process (hopefully!)

Used a foam bonnet for my buffer and used Mequiars Ultimate polish, but as Glen stated above their Professional series is a little better, but the Ultimate worked great for me, very shiny/mirror type finish. Wiped it down with some real soft MF towels, real thick. The reverse side has a stiffer, but soft polish removing type material, worked awesome to remove polish during the process, wiped and buffed with the soft side.

Now the CS. Super easy to do, basically a sealant in replace of a wax, much, much better! The CS typically comes with MF applicator pads, use CS VERY sparingly, about 25 -30 sprays for the whole car, 1 or 2 per panel. Rub applicator over and over again, basically until product dries up, leave no streaks and excess product. Move to the next panel and do the same. Then go back to the previous panel and wipe with the soft MF towel basically to "level" the product, no high spots. Basically move around the car like this, an hour tops, for me including wheels.

I did 2 thin coats of CS, finished the 2nd tonight. Mirror finish, high gloss, looks amazing! Watch the video below, real informative and helps out. Very simple. I will be ordering some rinseless wash and wax tonight, that basically is all that is needed. Basically a little bit of time consistently, keep the car clean hut soend minimal time to have an awesome looking vehicle all the time...sorry for the long response, I can get long winded sometimes and topics I enjoy...lol!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3u4x3oLtBU

Old 01-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #27
Glen e

Good you tube....thx.....
Old 01-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #28