Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #239
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, that’s the only instance where the patriots were accused of cheating...or even got punished for cheating. That darn media! Lol
Old 09-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #240
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
What did the Raiders do to deserve this other than trying to build a competitive team? The Raiders got played and this is another stain on the NFL. Pittsburgh refuses to trade Brown to Patriots so he ends up in Oakland where he acts a fool to get out of a favorable contract and ends up where? THE PATRIOTS! This will set the tone for future players to follow suit. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THE PATRIOTS TAMPERED WITH THIS SITUATION!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #241
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
No there was a whopping ONE other time. They were caught filming another teams hand signals.

When I played ball many years ago, my coach knew the hand signals from another team because he had coached against them for many years. But it wasn't called cheating, it was called "gamesmanship".
But since it's the Pats, now it's defined as cheating, because they filmed it.

So why not make game tapes illegal as well, since doing anything to learn about what your opponents do is cheating.

Oh, I forgot......Miami is in the AFC East with the Pats....and since the Pats have won this division 16 of the last 18 years, they had to cheat in order to do it.

And I also forgot, AB's 1st game as a PAT will be against who?, Miami...….it HAS to be cheating!
No. Teams got a memo about filming other teams. Good old Bill decided to ignore it. It was against the rules. What do you call something that is done against rules?

Oh. Just ONE other time. That ONE other time included a removal of their first round pick, team fined and head coach fined. But you know. It was just one other time. Until it was just two other times. Maybe a third this time?

I don’t really care when AB starts. I’ve known Miami was planning to tank way before the season started. I don’t care if the pats hang 70 points on Miami. Doesn’t change the fact that this situation smells...fishy.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #242
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Also, I'm going to ask the mods to just delete this whole offshoot since it contributes nothing to the thread. I've told you why your mathematical opinion is meaningless because of an insane statement that it proves this 100%. You keep copy/pasting what is likely someone elses work you don't truly understand, and continue to believe the MIT stuff actually proves anything one way or the other. You almost certainly don't even understand what the .02% variance actually means.

You're not going to change my mind that the Patriots cheat though...not just once but many times based on other facts you just ignore in your push to make the MIT video actually prove something it doesn't.

The decimal places have NOTHING to do with variance. The variance comes from MANY other factors. This is why I say you don't understand the math.
Was thinking about just starting another thread, since this is technically the off-season thread. Unless a mod wants to clean this up and rename the thread
Old 09-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #243
PoorMansCamaro

Attached Images

Old 09-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #244
PoorMansCamaro

Attached Images

Old 09-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #245
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
The point that you are missing is one gauge or the other might be correct. Or way off. As you can see, one gauge shows that there was deflation on 8 of 11 balls. On the other, just 3. It shows how worthless the readings actually were because we have no idea which might have been correct. Or perhaps both gauges were well over or under. We don't know because the weren't tested against a control.

One gauge PROVES the balls were deflated. One doesn't. That is never going to be 100% proof.
the two of you need to go find the nearest Cage Match and play it out. This back & forth is wearing me out!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #246
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
You are both right.

The Patriots balls measured pretty much exactly as the ideal gas law would predict. That makes it highly unlikely that they were deflated.

Is it 100%? No, very few things are. But it is close.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #247
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
wow, lol , same old cast still doing the same old whining when the Patriots stop winning maybe they'll stop the whining, might be a while though.
For the record, it wasn't filming that was the problem...it was the location from where they did it and "deflategate" not even worth the time to type.
Another great banner ceremony !!!

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #248
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
I always have wondered how you determine which gauge is correct. They basically mirror similar increases and decreases in PSI between each ball. You can look at the graph of the two gauges, and see this.

One gauge shows that it is unlikely balls were deflated. The other clearly shows 8 of 11 of the balls having been deflated though. No control tests were done on the gauges, so the NFL (and we) have no idea which gauge for the range of 10-11 was more accurate. Because of that lack of knowledge, it's pretty much a 50/50 call as to one or the other being correct though. Or, it's quite possible neither one is close to the correct readings should have been. We will never know.

I've always said the PSI stuff doesn't matter...since it doesn't prove anything one way or the other. I've always looked at other factors in this...and have stated many times why I believe what I do.
Since I doubt the gauges are precision instruments, whichever gauge was used for the initial measurements would be the one to look at for the halftime measurements.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #249
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Sadly, I can't find that not funny.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #250
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
the two of you need to go find the nearest Cage Match and play it out. This back & forth is wearing me out!
...it's too much to even read now so it's gone

Let's get back to 2019..