Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #1
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Question regarding SCT X4...

I recently sold my SCT X4. Before I did so I returned my car to stock (unmarried it) and then reset the device back to factory defaults. It showed Unmarried on the device info screen.

So the guy that bought it is having issues trying to flash his Camaro. He states he is getting error code 110B6, which means the SCt X4 detects the 'Vehicle Has A Low Battery'. I told informed him of this and told him how sensitive these things are to low voltage, even if the car starts, to make sure all accessories are powered off, not to use windows, etc, charge the battery...but he still gets the error and claims it's a new battery at 13+ volts.

My question is this...he already had an SCT tune ready for this device I sold him. But doesn't the tuner that writes the tune normally need the device (X4) serial number to write a custom tune for it? I could swear DynoSteve needed my serial number in order to create my tune so it would work on that specific device, maybe as some sort of DRM for the handheld. Trying to figure this out before I contact this guy again, as the X4 has never given any issues before and I am certain it's something he is doing.

I know these tunes are VIN locked but are they also locked to the serial number of that specific X4 when the tune is written?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Just throwing it out there... no pins bent?
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Just throwing it out there... no pins bent?
No, the device was all good when I had it. I am going to have the guy flash the SCT canned tune. If that works, it's an issue with his custom tune. I just have no idea what this guys knowledge is, what he's trying to upload to it, how he uploaded the tune to the device, etc. This was a perfect working device when I sold it, and I'm certain it still is, but I hate the thought he thinks I sold him a dud.

I could swear DynoSteve needed my serial number when he wrote my tune, so I am really thinking that's the issue. I'm going to send him (Steve) a message but I hate to bother him with something like this.

Edit: From what I am reading online the serial number is required when the tune is written. This guy was just trying to flash a tune he already had on hand. Derp.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 08-28-2020 at 07:56 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have stock 2013 SS2/RS L99 where to get the SCT X4 and who would be good at programming the right tune for me?
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
I have stock 2013 SS2/RS L99 where to get the SCT X4 and who would be good at programming the right tune for me?
dynoSteve at RDP has the best deal IMHO.

Good luck!

PEACE
Old 08-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
No, the device was all good when I had it. I am going to have the guy flash the SCT canned tune. If that works, it's an issue with his custom tune. I just have no idea what this guys knowledge is, what he's trying to upload to it, how he uploaded the tune to the device, etc. This was a perfect working device when I sold it, and I'm certain it still is, but I hate the thought he thinks I sold him a dud.

I could swear DynoSteve needed my serial number when he wrote my tune, so I am really thinking that's the issue. I'm going to send him (Steve) a message but I hate to bother him with something like this.

Edit: From what I am reading online the serial number is required when the tune is written. This guy was just trying to flash a tune he already had on hand. Derp.
I had one of these tuners back when I had my mustang, and I think yes you do have to have a serial number for the device to "unlock" it. I gave it to a friend of mine for his Mustang.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
I can sell you mine. I have to put my car back to factory tune before the build and my cam has too much lift to remote tune.

Can probably send it this week for ya. Dyno steve did the tunes on it. He really did an amazing job waking up my car. DM me and we can work out a fair price.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote