Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-30-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Insurance.

Hi all,
My girlfriend and I just moved to Jax. We are looking to insure our cars as a bundle. We still have our Ohio stuff just to be cheap. So, we have a 2017 camaro 2LT RS and a 2016 Mustang V6. We want to shop around but we hate when you do a quote and 70 people are calling you. What insurance do y’all have here in Florida?

Cheers!
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I'm here in Michigan, but when I got my 18 1LT RS Progressive had the overall best deal for me. BTW, how do like your V6 Camaro compared to your 16 V6 Mustang? I had a 16 V6 as well with the 051A package. Nice daily driver
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
I'm here in Michigan, but when I got my 18 1LT RS Progressive had the overall best deal for me. BTW, how do like your V6 Camaro compared to your 16 V6 Mustang? I had a 16 V6 as well with the 051A package. Nice daily driver
I’ll give them a look! And the mustang honestly takes bumps better but it’s because the mustang has 18 wheels instead of my camaro with 20 inch, ummmm the camaro is more sports car feeling than the mustang. The camaro feels faster and sounds better when you floor it! The mustang sounds good when it starts to me I like the sound. The camaro so far (knock on wood) has been the most reliable car. The mustang needed a new front lower control arm, water pump, driver side mirror, and I can’t remember if there was anything else. Here was used mine was new. The stang has 51,000 miles my camaro has about 26,000
Old 11-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I’ll give them a look! And the mustang honestly takes bumps better but it’s because the mustang has 18 wheels instead of my camaro with 20 inch, ummmm the camaro is more sports car feeling than the mustang. The camaro feels faster and sounds better when you floor it! The mustang sounds good when it starts to me I like the sound. The camaro so far (knock on wood) has been the most reliable car. The mustang needed a new front lower control arm, water pump, driver side mirror, and I can’t remember if there was anything else. Here was used mine was new. The stang has 51,000 miles my camaro has about 26,000
Minus the reliability comment, everything else you mentioned was spot on for me as well. My Camaro was about 5k more, so I guess I expect it to be a little better overall. Minus the shudder issue and crappy headliner, the Camaro seems a tad better in every other way to me. But on the flip side in 50,000 miles I didn't have a single issue with my Mustang either
Old 11-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #5
beachlt

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary M6
When we moved here we went with an insurance agency, they currently have us with Travelers, rates seem fair, have not made any claims. Good luck
beachlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Minus the reliability comment, everything else you mentioned was spot on for me as well. My Camaro was about 5k more, so I guess I expect it to be a little better overall. Minus the shudder issue and crappy headliner, the Camaro seems a tad better in every other way to me. But on the flip side in 50,000 miles I didn't have a single issue with my Mustang either
That’s how I felt tooo, I like the camaro as a sports car a lot more but I don’t think the mustang is bad either. My girl doesn’t like the bisability of the camaro. I had the shudder thank god it’s gone for now.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:22 PM   #7
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlt View Post
When we moved here we went with an insurance agency, they currently have us with Travelers, rates seem fair, have not made any claims. Good luck
I shall get ahold of one.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #8
HCI2000SS

Quote:
That’s how I felt tooo, I like the camaro as a sports car a lot more but I don’t think the mustang is bad either. My girl doesn’t like the bisability of the camaro. I had the shudder thank god it’s gone for now.
Yeah after 2 flushes and 3 dealership visits (and a new torque converter) I'm hoping my shudder is permanently gone as well. Funny you mention the visibility thing, because my girl actually likes the hunkered down more in a cave like feeling. Who knows, maybe if I lived in a crazy place like NYC or something, I might like the Camaro less too lol. As of now the lack of visibility doesn't bother me in the least, and is highly overrated IMO
Old 11-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #9
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Yeah after 2 flushes and 3 dealership visits (and a new torque converter) I'm hoping my shudder is permanently gone as well. Funny you mention the visibility thing, because my girl actually likes the hunkered down more in a cave like feeling. Who knows, maybe if I lived in a crazy place like NYC or something, I might like the Camaro less too lol. As of now the lack of visibility doesn't bother me in the least, and is highly overrated IMO
I say the same exact thing! I think it’s overrated too, it’s a challenge, but I like a good challenge. The new mustang is similar it’s got the same feeling of being down in the car rather than on top of it. She just likes being difficult.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #10
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I say the same exact thing! I think it’s overrated too, it’s a challenge, but I like a good challenge. The new mustang is similar it’s got the same feeling of being down in the car rather than on top of it. She just likes being difficult.
The thing that gets me is why people complain about the Camaro visibility, when the Mustang and Challenger suck as well. Sure the Camaro is a little worse, but they all suck compared to normal type cars. It's just the price to pay to look more cool. I don't know about you, but if I'm buying a sports car I want something that feels sporty from the inside as well. Not just a typical cockpit with a sporty exterior only. In that regard the Camaro does that much better IMO. Looks wise I like both cars equally, but the Camaro feels a tad more sports car like. The only thing that really ticks me off about this car is the infamous A8 shudder issue
Old 12-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #11
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
The thing that gets me is why people complain about the Camaro visibility, when the Mustang and Challenger suck as well. Sure the Camaro is a little worse, but they all suck compared to normal type cars. It's just the price to pay to look more cool. I don't know about you, but if I'm buying a sports car I want something that feels sporty from the inside as well. Not just a typical cockpit with a sporty exterior only. In that regard the Camaro does that much better IMO. Looks wise I like both cars equally, but the Camaro feels a tad more sports car like. The only thing that really ticks me off about this car is the infamous A8 shudder issue
1,000,000 percent agree!
Old 12-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Allstate, Michael George is who I use in Jax. I bundle my 3 cars, and house with him. Hes always quick to answer any emails or questions I have and after shopping around between, (allstate, state farm, farmers, USAA, Geico, and a few others) allstate was the cheapest for each coverage grouping.

PM if you want his email, wont get 10,000 emails if you use an agency vs. the big company website.