Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - New England

Phastek Performance

Old 03-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
PatrioticLEO

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Dyno tuning

I am located in NH, and was wondering if anyone has had dyno tuning done to their cars around NH and how much? I dyno tuned a car a while back and it was $500 for a tune. I had someone tell me I will be looking at $800 for the shop I was thinking of (the same one I did a $500 tune a while ago). Does that sound crazy? If so where have you gone and how much was it?
PatrioticLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
There's a few places in NH. Your issue is the 2017+ Security Locks on the ECM and now the TCM.

HPTuners charges 4 credits for just the ECM that's $200 in just credits. If your an A8 it's another 4 credits to license the TCM as they are independently secuirty locked on top of having to physically mail your TCM to HPTuners to be unlocked which is $200 plus shipping back and forth. So before you even add tuner/dyno time if you are an A8 2017+ your going to spend 600+ just unlocking so you can tune you figure another 100 to 200 in tuner and dyno fees and whoever quoted you was right and being totally transparent honest to you. If you jave an M6 I'll be 4 credits however if you do anything with fuel tack on another $100 for the 2 credits to unlock the LPFP stuff. Then if you dislike your tune/tuner your doing it all over again unless you buy your own MPVI2 Suite for $299 and ask the tuner to use it instead of his some will be fine with that. Personally i use Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH just outside of Concord, NH off I393 on 106 past Makris Lobster if you know the area.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #3
PatrioticLEO

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
There's a few places in NH. Your issue is the 2017+ Security Locks on the ECM and now the TCM.

HPTuners charges 4 credits for just the ECM that's $200 in just credits. If your an A8 it's another 4 credits to license the TCM as they are independently secuirty locked on top of having to physically mail your TCM to HPTuners to be unlocked which is $200 plus shipping back and forth. So before you even add tuner/dyno time if you are an A8 2017+ your going to spend 600+ just unlocking so you can tune you figure another 100 to 200 in tuner and dyno fees and whoever quoted you was right and being totally transparent honest to you. If you jave an M6 I'll be 4 credits however if you do anything with fuel tack on another $100 for the 2 credits to unlock the LPFP stuff. Then if you dislike your tune/tuner your doing it all over again unless you buy your own MPVI2 Suite for $299 and ask the tuner to use it instead of his some will be fine with that. Personally i use Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH just outside of Concord, NH off I393 on 106 past Makris Lobster if you know the area.
Does it help to go to a shop that has already done a 2017+? That way they already have all the stuff pre ready or do they have to buy the stuff per car? Thanks for the explanation since the guy I originally talked to didnt have any time to explain to me.
PatrioticLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Personally i use Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH just outside of Concord, NH off I393 on 106 past Makris Lobster if you know the area.
+1 for Josh (Performance Dyno)
I found he is passionate and thorough with his work.. gets excited to see your results and treats you like a family friend. IMO
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticLEO View Post
Does it help to go to a shop that has already done a 2017+? That way they already have all the stuff pre ready or do they have to buy the stuff per car? Thanks for the explanation since the guy I originally talked to didnt have any time to explain to me.
More then likely it will help with the monkey head scratching time. If you have an A8 and want a full tune including transmission then 100% it will help to go to one that has tuned a 2017+ . In all honesty you should invest in your own HPTuners setup so if you ever want to have changes made so your tuner can email the adjusted tune and you can load and go. It also helps if you ever have a falling out or want to go with another tuner because you would need to pay that tuner if you didn't use your own Setup another $400-500 to license his own Hptuners setup. The cars are licensed to the devices not the cars themselves so everytime you switch tuners you'll need to unlock your car for that device unless they are willing to ise yours. Plus with your own you have the added benefits of datalogging on your own and not needing to schedule as much tuner adjustment time.

If you ever want to talk in person I'm out of Manchester, NH and have no issue helping or explaining or just talking camaros etc. I go to several shows, cars and coffee and i go to New England Dragway more then i should lol.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote