Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-17-2018, 01:19 AM   #71
Opus13
Opus13

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, Black
I witnessed an accident similar to this in NorCal.
A woman, in a truck, was attempting to cross 3 lanes of traffic onto the street I was on. Lanes 1 and 2 are stopped but people had left her an opening to cross. In the #3 lane another woman, in a SUV, was approaching at a high rate of speed, the speed limit was 45mph. The truck tried to make the turn and was broadsided by the SUV. Some of the parts that flew off the vehicles hit and damaged my bike. Since I was involved in the accident, I received a copy of the CHP report. The woman driving the truck was held liable for failing to yield to oncoming traffic. The CHP report stated, based on their measurements, the SUV was going between 70-75 mph.
Take it for what it's worth. I don't support or encourage street racing, and I'm also not saying I've never had fun in my car.
Opus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:04 AM   #72
gen5wannabe

Drives: dodge avenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Is this more Fake news? I see no street race. I see a woman who turned right in front of someone who had the right of way. Needless to say the driver should have stopped. Chances are the driver is also hurt. The woman didn't even attempt to stop before making her turn.
I agree. The woman used NO defensive driving technique. I wouldn't make a left like that at ANY intersection until the road ahead was clear.
Wheter the others were racing is of no importance. I see soccer moms "racing" through intersections in their SUV's every day as if the rest of the world doesn't exist.
Be aware of everything. People in general are wacked out - not just kids in muscle cars. I see it every day. People are in their own world. You have to be on the look-out at all times. Period.
gen5wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #73
BHO

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Nice write-up. Thanks for sharing...
BHO is offline   Reply With Quote