Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
Thenightboyz_SS

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
thank you!!! That looks amazing!! I heard about the tape it comes with and its pretty bad lol Just ordered it and getting it installed with the gorilla brand!
Thenightboyz_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #30
gchu

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I had them on my third gens... until I got a third gen convertible.... I would get them if I didn't have a 6th gen convertible

I liked them for functionality perspective - I felt they helped keep the interior of the car cooler when parked. I had the side windows tinted but didn't tint the back... The rear louvers were thin flat blades so it didn't cause any issues seeing out of the back on the third gens

As far as cleaning, on the third gen, most of mine lifted up with a couple of quick release screws (like the GM CAI) and was hinged on top

My opinion is if you like it - go for it!
gchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #31
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
They make me think of window blinds...and I hate cleaning those things! But, each to their own I guess.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #32
CHV2SS

Drives: '19 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan87mets View Post
I love em on my car, I feel like it's a love hate for some people. Gives it more of an aggressive look. I went with American authority. Sure it's a pain when u gotta take em off to wash ur car and all, but I think it's worth it. If u do buy them don't use the crappy 3M tape they give u. Go out and buy the gorilla glue double sided tape it's the black role that holds up to 30lbs use that instead. Mine almost flew off on the highway 😅 haven't had any problems since I out new tape on
If you dont mind, where did you get your diffuser, and do they only come in carbon fiber?
CHV2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #33
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Love the American Authority louvers on my ss. As someone else was saying pictures don't do them justice. Got mine painted gloss black. 100% positive feedback everywhere I go. I used the tape and brackets that came with it and havnt had an issue in over a year. Thoroughly clean the glass with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber towel.
Attached Images

Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaross, louvers