Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #29
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
The npp on the ss is orgasmic! No joke the burble and pop on deceleration hands down is really nice. The start up and acceleration will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and then you can switch to stealth and be as quick as a chevrolet cobalt stock exhaust. I can not wait to see what long tube headers and x pipe will do to the track setting and maybe the stealth will still be some what quiet for those 3am runs.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:31 AM   #30
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Ok my first cold startup this morning reminded me of an lamborghini engine started. I can honestly say i like real loud exhaust, and i will never change this npp out for another exhaust, cruising around it just sounds nasty. I can tell you guys this is hands down the best option offered as of right now for then gen 6. The car is louder than my long tubed header, no muffler g8 under acceleration. Last night i had to pick someone up from the airport at 1am. When pulling into neighborhood i put it into stealth mode and you hear nothing.

Excuse my grammar im on cell phone.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #31
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Ok my first cold startup this morning reminded me of an lamborghini engine started. I can honestly say i like real loud exhaust, and i will never change this npp out for another exhaust, cruising around it just sounds nasty. I can tell you guys this is hands down the best option offered as of right now for then gen 6. The car is louder than my long tubed header, no muffler g8 under acceleration. Last night i had to pick someone up from the airport at 1am. When pulling into neighborhood i put it into stealth mode and you hear nothing.

Agree 100%! Love the startup, gives me chills...I like the fact that it is loud, not too loud, but just kick a** and you can change it on the fly. I have been leaving it in track by itself and using the modes for everything else.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #32
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I'll say the ONLY thing about the car that I don't like is the inability to situationally avoid the loud startup.

You can't change drive modes before starting the car, so it's impossible to select Snow/Ice. (which is supposedly the only drive mode with quiet startup)

You can't change vehicle settings before starting the car, so you can't select "Stealth" in the settings menu. (which is the only other way to get quiet startup)

If you select Snow/Ice before parking the car, it still defaults to Touring on the next startup. (which is loud)

The only way to avoid loud startup is to dig through the annoying menu and set it to "Stealth" the PREVIOUS time it was driven. I got called by work and need to go in at 4am, I can't go back in time and set it to "Stealth" at this point... I just have to cringe and press the START button.

Am I missing something?
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #33
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I would just get into the habit of selecting stealth when you park at home / garage.

I don't think it would be an issue. But that is just me, I am pretty laid back

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #34
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post

My results as well. I just drove a Lamborghini superleggera last month for 200 miles and it sounds very similar. THe V10 does have a better sound obviously but the camaro has 85-90% of the sound and 300k cheaper. This what I like for a DD!
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #35
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
I would just get into the habit of selecting stealth when you park at home / garage.

I don't think it would be an issue. But that is just me, I am pretty laid back
yeah, that's what I've started doing. Selecting stealth before I park in my garage, and then going back to the default after the next startup. It's just annoying to dig through 3 levels of menus every time I drive the car when it could have been solved by simply allowing you to select the drive mode before starting the car.

I tried pushing the start button without my foot on the clutch to get everything to turn on and then used the drive mode selector, but it doesn't seem to work.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #36
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I always forget to preset it to stealth but damn that Lamborghini noise this morning was intoxicating. I wonder if it was from the sound enhancer in the car.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #37
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
I'll say the ONLY thing about the car that I don't like is the inability to situationally avoid the loud startup.

You can't change drive modes before starting the car, so it's impossible to select Snow/Ice. (which is supposedly the only drive mode with quiet startup)

You can't change vehicle settings before starting the car, so you can't select "Stealth" in the settings menu. (which is the only other way to get quiet startup)

If you select Snow/Ice before parking the car, it still defaults to Touring on the next startup. (which is loud)

The only way to avoid loud startup is to dig through the annoying menu and set it to "Stealth" the PREVIOUS time it was driven. I got called by work and need to go in at 4am, I can't go back in time and set it to "Stealth" at this point... I just have to cringe and press the START button.

Am I missing something?
I read that people complained that the car would revert back to a certain mode every time they turned it off... Now it stays where you last left it, and people are complaining about that? Lol... Ido think there should be a faster way to change the sound but I also think this is a bit too much from our end.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #38
samsumon

Maybe a small knob somewhere on the car by steering wheel would be an awesome feature for future cars!
Old 01-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #39
Matt11

Drives: 2014 Camaro L99 2SS/RS
Just got this you tube, It is my 14 SS with Borla ATAK cat back, and the NPP
https://youtu.be/OO-m1rpdWEw
K&N Intake #63-3074
Borla Cat-Back ATAK #140532

2016 CAMARO 2SS
Garnet Red Tintcoat
A8, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red Interior, 56F Wheels, Sunroof, Glow-tie

2012 SILVERADO 2500HD
K&N Intake, Diablo Tune, Iron Bull Bumber, Warn Zeon 10k, Rigid 30'', OPT7 32'', 50'' Lighting, Dual Battery, sPOD 6 Switch, BDS 6.5'' Suspension Lift... so much more
Matt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:12 PM   #40
samsumon

NICE!
Old 01-03-2016, 06:12 AM   #41
Raybreiding

Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS2
Yes it is worth it. Mine is the first one delivered to my dealer. All the mechanics could talk about is how it sounds.
Raybreiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #42
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Yes. Absolutely. No question. No one will be saying "sure wish I hadnt bought the NPP system". Tons will be saying "sure wish I HAD bought the NPP system".
I wish I would have went with the NPP exhaust option. But if I had to choose between MRC and NPP...I would go with MRC all day. I can't complain though...I like the color combo of my car with the rally stripes and black bow tie options.
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote