Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Sixth Points event for Central Carolinas Region SCCA Autocross of 2017

Thought I would get this up early this time around.

Come join us Saturday June 17th and Sunday June 18th for the sixth event of our 2017 Autocross schedule for the Central Carolinas Region SCCA. We provide the cones for you to hit, helmets if you do not already have one (Snell SA/M 2005 or newer if you are bringing your own) and driving instructors for novices. Just bring yourself, a valid driver's license and an eligible vehicle in good working order to:

zMax Dragway
6570 Bruton Smith Blvd
Concord NC 28027

SCHEDULE: Saturday June 17th

Gates Open: 6:30 AM
Late Registration: 9:00 AM - 9:15 AM - $10.00 Late Registration Fee
Tech Inspection: 7:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Novice Walks: 8:00 AM, 8:30 AM, 9:00 AM
Novice Meeting: 9:30 AM
Drivers Meeting: 9:45 AM
First Car Out: 10:15 AM
Party: 6:30 PM approximate time

SCHEDULE: Sunday June 18th

Gates Open: 7:30 AM
Registration: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - $5.00 On-Site Registration Fee
Late Registration: NONE
Tech Inspection: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Novice Walks: 8:45 AM, 9:15 AM, 9:45 AM
Novice Meeting: 10:15 AM
Drivers Meeting: 10:30 AM
First Car Out: 11:00 AM

EVENT FEES

Both Days:

SCCA Members: $100.00
Non-Members: $120.00

One Day:

SCCA Members: $50.00
Non-Members: $65.00

There is an extra $5.00 on site registration fee so please pre-register, you do not have to pre-pay.

Results will be determined with times over both days. There will be different courses each day.

REGISTRATION LINK

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...tocross-849670

ROOKIE CLASS

Starting this event we will begin running our yearly rookie class for any Novice that has experienced 3 days of autocross with CCR in 2017. The May 27th Novice school counts as 1 day and each day of the 2 day event in April counts as a day.

Rookie Class is a PAX based class like Pro, Ladies and Masters. So you will now need to know what class your car fits. And like all classes that are trophy eligible, you will only get 4 runs to go fast.

If you want to participate but are unsure of where your car is classed due to modifications not covered in the information below please let me know.

CLASSING

If you have not Autocrossed before or have limited experience please register as a "Novice" class so we can make sure we have enough instructors for everyone. As a novice we are not concerned about your vehicles class, but more about getting you off on the right foot, classing can come later on. In addition novices will get an extra run. (total of 5) You are welcome to register as a novice the entire season if you wish, and the last 4 events of the season we will be running a "Rookie" class and you will have the opportunity to compete for Rookie of the Year honors! If you are an experienced Autocrosser and just wish to register in your normal class for season points here are the default street classes for Camaros.

6th Gen
SS & LT V6 (both non 1LE) F-Street
LT I4T D-Street
1LE V8 A-Street
1LE V6 B-Street
ZL1 TBD

5th Gen
SS (all including 1LE) F-Street
All V6 models D-Street
Z/28 & ZL1 A-Street

These classes assume only modifications in accordance with SCCA Street Class rules. If you have other modifications and are a NON Novice I can help you with your cars classing, just send me a PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
got it marked on my calendar...will be a spectator, hopefully work and/or weather don't spoil my plans to come down.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
got it marked on my calendar...will be a spectator, hopefully work and/or weather don't spoil my plans to come down.
I won't push (too hard) but you should really consider driving. It's a very safe environment, we have instructors for you if you have never done it before, and no one is going to push you to go faster than you are comfortable with. If you have a concern that is holding you back you can ask here or PM me if you like.

Regardless of your decision we will be happy to have you stop by. I will be sure to give you a ride along if I haven't already run, and I am sure I can arrange ride alongs with a bunch of other drivers if you are interested.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I won't push (too hard) but you should really consider driving. It's a very safe environment, we have instructors for you if you have never done it before, and no one is going to push you to go faster than you are comfortable with. If you have a concern that is holding you back you can ask here or PM me if you like.

Regardless of your decision we will be happy to have you stop by. I will be sure to give you a ride along if I haven't already run, and I am sure I can arrange ride alongs with a bunch of other drivers if you are interested.
Thank you much

I did 1 autocross a verrrrrry long time ago, at an old air strip in upstate NY, with my '87 T-bird turbo-coupe.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Thank you much

I did 1 autocross a verrrrrry long time ago, at an old air strip in upstate NY, with my '87 T-bird turbo-coupe.
I can't vouch for these guys enough!! The CCR crew is setup SO GOOD to accommodate novices! I was super excited for my first Auto X event ever which was the March CCR event at Z-Max but was still very nervous it being in my brand new car and me having ZERO experience and those guys really took care of me!

My first run showed just how nervous I was as I was putting around the course at a snails pace haha but by the end of the day I had shaved a TON of time off! You won't regret it if you decide to go for it, especially with the ZL1!

But yea no peer pressure here haha
Old 06-01-2017, 08:30 PM   #6
silkrckt

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I can't vouch for these guys enough!! The CCR crew is setup SO GOOD to accommodate novices! I was super excited for my first Auto X event ever which was the March CCR event at Z-Max but was still very nervous it being in my brand new car and me having ZERO experience and those guys really took care of me!

My first run showed just how nervous I was as I was putting around the course at a snails pace haha but by the end of the day I had shaved a TON of time off! You won't regret it if you decide to go for it, especially with the ZL1!

But yea no peer pressure here haha
Sounds great! I have tracked in the past as well. I too would like to spectate. I currently have a bad tire, don't think they would let me run with it, nor would I want to. Do I just show up before 9am?
silkrckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #7
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkrckt View Post
Sounds great! I have tracked in the past as well. I too would like to spectate. I currently have a bad tire, don't think they would let me run with it, nor would I want to. Do I just show up before 9am?
If you're just going to spectate, you can show up whenever you want. The times listed above are for those who are planning on driving since they have to get signed in, get their cars teched and do course walks and attend drivers meetings. Spectators just have to sign a waiver and get a wristband at the entrance to the venue and then park and they can walk up and watch what is going on. There is a raised area off to the side where it's easy to see from, or you can climb up the stairs to the seating area for the zMax dragstrip and watch over the railing from up there. Regardless bring sunscreen and if you plan on hanging out for a while something to keep you hydrated and maybe a snack to eat.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Getting my registration in. Going to move to Rookie for both days, and let my son drive the Gen 6 as a Novice on Father's Day.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #9
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blpadge2 View Post
Getting my registration in. Going to move to Rookie for both days, and let my son drive the Gen 6 as a Novice on Father's Day.
Sounds like an awesome Father's day plan!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:41 AM   #10
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Had a blast out there. Both courses were great! Surprised myself both days with my times. Track Alignment should've been done sooner!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #11
blpadge2

Sorry I couldn't make it. Tripped and fell Wed. night and broke right foot.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #12
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blpadge2 View Post
Sorry I couldn't make it. Tripped and fell Wed. night and broke right foot.

Ouch! Get well soon!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #13
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Old 06-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #14
blpadge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Ouch! Get well soon!
Thanks. May have to miss July too unless I can drive left footed.