Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #15
Calubi

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Great insights, thanks! I didn't expect the thread to blow up over the weekend.

I had the SS 1LE at Mid Ohio this weekend and had a blast! Saturday was great, but Sunday ended up being mostly rained out. I can certainly understand the argument that more HP could be less fun, depending on the run groups. Even in the SS taking a pass was a lot more common than needing to give a pass.

I'm not looking to go to a ZL1 for power on the track. It could be more fun, but it could also be harder to manage, like stated by others. I'm looking at the ZL1 for the A10 transmission and the LT4 being a beast for street use, as well as better amenities for day-to-day driving. If the 1LE was available in 2SS trim when I was in the market, I probably would have gone that route. But even now I can't get an SS 1LE with A10, and I would like the LT4 for street use.

My car is 99% street use with occasional track days. So I want to maximize the fun for that 99%, but not compromise too much for the 1% use on track. If the ZL1 can handle as good as the 1LE on track, great! Unfortunately, I cannot test drive a ZL1 on track to see for myself. I'm also not necessarily chasing lap times. For me, track time is a mix of fun and education. I don't plan on competing in time trials, just have fun and become a better driver in HPDE groups.

I'm not really looking at the ZL1 1LE too hard. I don't think I could enjoy the DSSV in daily driving. And that car would be way beyond my skill as a driver to really push on track.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:19 PM   #16
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Calubi, if you're after A10, which by all accounts is a cat's meow, go for it!

Randy Pobst sure cant stop gushing about 1le handling, but then again he also mentions, that a ZL1 "makes him a better driver", so how bad can it possibly be?! LoL!

Moreover, given that track is not your primary and only consideration, i think risk of disappointment having an A10 plus 200/200 power is absolutely zero!

Go for it!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote