Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #71
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

https://youtu.be/RWYd3Jw2zn0

This video of a Corvette Grand Sport VS a Camaro SS1LE would give you a better idea of their performance differences. Both are great amazing cars.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:19 AM   #72
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Talking

I owned a '14 Corvette Z51 3LT and now a '16 Camaro 2SS. And can give you a more precise opinion. My red Corvette turned more heads, because its external design, kind of exotic looking like the Ferrari looks, inside the low seating position feels amazing with the low to the ground feeling, cockpit is like a combat jet, removing the roof makes you feel like Tom Selleck on the 308 Ferrari, awsome looking car. Also the HUD system on the Corvette looks way better compared to the Camaro's. The main complaining is the low seating position, you need to get use of droping down on the seat and some agility on getting out, my wife complained very often about it. If you get the Z51 or a GS, Z06, etc. you would pay a higher maintenance cost on wider tires, brakes, etc. which probably you wouldn't need if you aren't a frequent tracker. Also dealers would charge more for its maintenance compared to a Camaro, because of the premium of driving a Corvette. My Corvette was very unreliable and loved to expend frequently too much time on the dealer's shop, twice it was towed. For some reason that I can't explain both my prior 5th gen Camaro ZL1 and now my 6th gen Camaro SS have proven to be very dependable, much more reliable and that's a big PLUS to me, the dual exhaust on my Camaro SS sounds more perfectly aggressive compared with the same system on the Corvette. The seating position is much more comfortable on the Camaro, the car looks great, not on the exotic level of the Corvette. The engine and 6 speed manual transmission also feel very strong, both cars have great steering feeling, on the handling also feels sporty, but the Camaro feels heavier specially on the rear while changing lanes at fast speed if you compare both cars, but you would get used to it very soon. No regrets for going back to the Camaro , I love my car. I thought a little to get the SS1LE, but at the end remembered my Z51's high maintenance cost experience, and since most of my driving is spirited, just only planning to occassionally track it, and by all means skipping the higher maintenance cost of bigger tires and bigger brakes. The right ticket for me was the Camaro SS. The sport handling of the SS is sufficient for me. About the magnetic suspension, I had it on my '14 Camaro ZL1, but not on the Stingray nor on the 6th gen Camaro SS, I really didn't missed it, didn't feel I need it. Base shocks have been great for DD, suspension feels comfortable on both the Z51 and SS, and also feels sporty at the same time. It's more of a personal preference and only if you want to pay the upgrade $$$ cost.
Attached Images

'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 12-29-2022 at 04:46 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote