Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-08-2024, 07:04 PM   #1
Camaro convert

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro 1LT Convertible
I may be being paranoid but...LSPI

Got a 2.0 a few months ago (new) with the 8 speed auto and have been reading about LSPI. I run 93 octane, DEXOS 1 Gen 3 oil. Every shift mode short shifts this car and keeps the revs low around town. Should I be using the manual gate to keep revs above 2k to 2500 to avoid LSPI?
Camaro convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:40 PM   #2
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro convert View Post
Got a 2.0 a few months ago (new) with the 8 speed auto and have been reading about LSPI. I run 93 octane, DEXOS 1 Gen 3 oil. Every shift mode short shifts this car and keeps the revs low around town. Should I be using the manual gate to keep revs above 2k to 2500 to avoid LSPI?
It's a good question. Not a problem for my Camaro since it is a manual but I have the same engine in my Equinox with the 9 spd auto. The short shifts bother me as well but I deal with it by accelerating "briskly" to keep the revs up. Low revs while cruising are not a problem. It's when you tip in at low revs, but not enough to get a downshift that the cylinder pressures go nuts.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote