Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2023, 07:46 AM   #1
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
pedal commander

Can anyone comment on this pedal commander from banks?

https://bankspower.com/products/thro...40940401262789
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:18 AM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Don't waste your money on that one. Soler Performance has the best throttle controller for our platform. I have this installed in my 2.0T Camaro and it works awesome. It just changes the characteristic of the car. It gives the throttle a different feel. You can turn it to different settings when you want to play with it or just leave it in OEM pedal feel. It's very drastic. I don't always have it "on". Also to note, I'm actually more impressed with the economy mode on the hwy with this thing. It actually saves gas by killing out the pedal.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:31 AM   #3
Banks6thGen

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0L
Jay from Banks Power here. Happy to answer any questions you may have. The short story is that we designed the PedalMonster to do two main things...

1. Be the single best throttle controller available. It took almost two years but we accomplished it.

2. Solve all the issues our competitors (Pedal Commander, Sprint Booster) and others are suffering from.

This brief article explains the issues Pedal Commander and how we solved them and patented the solutions.

As you research throttle controllers, run down this checklist.

Where does the device draw its power from? The low-overhead pedal circuit? Or a safe +12v source like the OBD port.

Does the device know what vehicle it's installed in? If it's not connected via OBD, there's no way for it to know the vehicle year, make, model, transmission type, speed, or gear.

What happens when you shift into reverse? Is the vehicle twitchy or is the pedal smoothly returned to stock response when backing up?

Does the module have active safety relays built in? If it fails, what happens to the vehicle? Does it coast to a stop in the road or go to full throttle?

These are just some of the questions we asked and answered when engineering the Banks PedalMonster.
Banks6thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 11:35 AM   #4
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Sorry man, Soler for the win! No OBD2 connection required, no cell phone app needed, and it's half the price.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:02 AM   #5
VehicleNanny

Drives: 2.0T with 1LT
I installed the Roar Pedal a couple of months ago. I've been very happy with the result...I run in Sport mode (level 3 of 5) and feel like I have a 1:1 realtionship of throttle to response. I think I paid $160 for it.
VehicleNanny is offline   Reply With Quote