Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Lowering kit for MRC..Myth or Reality

Anyone else interested in one for the MRC cars ...would love a small drop
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
Isn't GM releasing a kit?
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Regular lowering springs work fine on MRC cars. The MRC shocks and struts have a higher dampening ability so they can handle higher spring rates. Most lowering springs already have some level of rate increase. You can install anyones lowering springs on an MRC car with no issues. We have done it on a ton of Fifth Gen ZL1s. We installed out springs on a 2016 MRC car today. I will post pictures as soon as I have them along with drop measurements.
BMR Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
bbrown... go see BMR. They just finished springs and sways on mine, literally just got home with it. After I get the alignment done we can meet up and you can check it out for yourself. =)

Mud Z06... GM is releasing 1LE upgrade for SS models with MRC already on them. I believe the kit is just a higher rate spring (there is no drop on the 1LE from what anyone can tell) and stiffer sway bars. The 1LE may have a different front control arm design for better sway bar clearances, but I don't know if that would be part of the kit. I think the non-MRC models will see a Z/28 DSSV suspension upgrade kit down the road. Adding the wiring for MRC is too cost prohibitive for a retrofit.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #5
bbrown450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Z06 View Post
Isn't GM releasing a kit?
So they say...throw that on the list...
Old 08-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #6
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Eibach just released their Pro-kit as well after doing 5 months of testing on MRC equipped cars.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #7
bbrown450

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
bbrown... go see BMR. They just finished springs and sways on mine, literally just got home with it. After I get the alignment done we can meet up and you can check it out for yourself. =)

Mud Z06... GM is releasing 1LE upgrade for SS models with MRC already on them. I believe the kit is just a higher rate spring (there is no drop on the 1LE from what anyone can tell) and stiffer sway bars. The 1LE may have a different front control arm design for better sway bar clearances, but I don't know if that would be part of the kit. I think the non-MRC models will see a Z/28 DSSV suspension upgrade kit down the road. Adding the wiring for MRC is too cost prohibitive for a retrofit.
Spectacular info ...as for the GM kits, as we have seen those can be a long time coming...took them a year to get the Dark Tails and Grill !! I will PM you ..PICS Please
Old 08-25-2016, 08:01 AM   #8
Thoro11888

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Vert
+1

Also very interested. I'd like to see photos too
Thoro11888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #9
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Dying to hear about the swaybars!!

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
It might be hard to keep up with each of the drop/stance threads, but I know Pete@BMR will have the initial pics and measurements up today.

Just to note -- MRC cars ride slightly higher than non-MRC cars because their springs are slightly taller. This makes the before & after look like a bigger difference. But a stare and compare to a non-MRC with similar springs looks like they are at the same height now.

I'm pretty excited for the sway bars. I was thinking about adjustable at first, but decided on fixed sways because I won't be going too crazy. My goal was to remove some body roll, but not all of it. My guess is the springs and sways will settle in together very well. Also did trailing arms in the rear to stop some wheel hop on launch. Didn't get control arms or toe rods. Wanted to see how it feels with trailing arms first.

Definitely need an alignment. Install resulted in some noticeable chamber and toe. Had a couple slow turns/u-turns give me a little skip on one of the rears, but I can understand that with the chamber & toe.

Calling around lunch today to set up an alignment for tomorrow. If I can shake this head cold I will be going out to the boonies this weekend to play around with the changes.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote