Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
Bwhitt

Drives: 2011 2LT/ RS 3.6L
Question for RS owners

Hey Everyone. Just got my first Camaro, 2011 RS, traded in my 2008 Mustang. I always was mustang guy, had a 87 5.0 hardly anything still stock, and swore I would never own a Camaro. OMG do I love this car! So much nicer than any mustang, I think I've been fully converted.

Ok Question: I have the Inferno Orange interior and the door panels light up where the red orange panels are. I see on the dash there is the same type of panels. From factory are those supposed to light up as well? If not has anyone added led's to this as well?

-Thanks
Bwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
NO, dash does not light up, more than likely a safety thing... Post if you find out, mine are white panels w/ blue lights. would like to have the dash light uo too...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
Bwhitt

yeah just looking at it you would think they would have it light up too, with all the lights coming from the radio and cluster. I'll see if I can find a way to make it happen eventually.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
The concept car had it. some 2010s have the plugs in the dash. but it was never fully implemented on the production cars.
see here for my DIY and also there are some links to the others in the 1st post.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369913
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Oh, and welcome to the Camaro world!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
plenty of ways to make them change colors too!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwhitt View Post
Hey Everyone. Just got my first Camaro, 2011 RS, traded in my 2008 Mustang. I always was mustang guy, had a 87 5.0 hardly anything still stock, and swore I would never own a Camaro. OMG do I love this car! So much nicer than any mustang, I think I've been fully converted.

Ok Question: I have the Inferno Orange interior and the door panels light up where the red orange panels are. I see on the dash there is the same type of panels. From factory are those supposed to light up as well? If not has anyone added led's to this as well?

-Thanks
Congrats on your conversion and welcome to C5!

Just a quick education for you. You do not have a "RS". The RS designation is a trim package and can be added to V6s or V8s. Note that I have a 1SS/RS. You may have a 1LT/RS or whatever. So, if you will change your "Drives" information to include either 1LT, 2LT, or whatever you have, we will be better able to help you with specific car features.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #8
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Welcome to the forum and to Camaros!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #9
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post

Just a quick education for you. You do not have a "RS". The RS designation is a trim package and can be added to V6s or V8s. Note that I have a 1SS/RS. You may have a 1LT/RS or whatever. So, if you will change your "Drives" information to include either 1LT, 2LT, or whatever you have, we will be better able to help you with specific car features.
you just had to be that guy..

Last edited by Tmick5jr; 10-12-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post

Lol, this is true, but the V-6 is the only version actually badged as an RS, so this mistake is pretty common..lol The SS isn't badged this way and the only way to tell an RS car from a non RS is whether the SS is RED or WHITE. I say I drive an RS all the time.

Btw OP, Welcome!!!!! Enjoy the ride!!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #11
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

[QUOTE=hworth18;8680921 the only way to tell an RS car from a non RS is whether the SS is RED or WHITE. I say I drive an RS all the time. [/QUOTE]

Or the halos, or the body colored roof ditch moldings or the...... LOL Just kidding but there will be a flood of posts about all the differences soon.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #12
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Welcome, and I have to ask - how do you think the V6 stacks up against the old 5.0? I've heard mods made them pretty bad a$$. Have you 'divorced' yourself from Ford's? Double dippin' might get you a trip to the principle's office!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #13
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Or the halos, or the body colored roof ditch moldings or the...... LOL Just kidding but there will be a flood of posts about all the differences soon.
Haha, you're prolly right, I was just pointing out the badging...lol
Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #14
Bwhitt

Quote:
Welcome, and I have to ask - how do you think the V6 stacks up against the old 5.0? I've heard mods made them pretty bad a$$. Have you 'divorced' yourself from Ford's? Double dippin' might get you a trip to the principle's office!
In all honesty the 5.0 was faster. It had flat top pistons, cam, heads, bbk headers, msd everything. I'm only 4 days in to owning a Camaro so I don't know what kind of performance the 3.6 can push. If I wanted something for speed I'd get another 5.0. But my God, the complements I've been getting, the extras on this thing, and the over all look kills the 5.0. The dealership had a twin turbo SS that's on my list to get when I'm older. It was crazy to me, the turbos were in front of the back wheels.

All in all I think I'm a full Camaro guy now (unless I get into drag racing on a track!)

Tags
inferno orange, interior