Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
SS / 1LE vs ATS-V

Anyone cross shop the ATS-V? It looks like they have low lease deals right now, probably lower than camaro leases. The ATS-V is a $60,000 dollar car with similar performance. I'm not a Cadillac person, but something sounds too good to be true. Is it a good deal?

LEASE
CADILLAC NATIONAL LEASE

Ultra Low-Mileage Lease for Qualified Lessees
$449/month for 36 months.

$4,909 due at signing (after all offers).

Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. $0 security deposit due at signing.
Mileage charge of $0.25 /mile over 30,000 mile

http://www.cadillac.com/current-offe...FQOUfgodv7wPkQ
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
fzr100098
Banned

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
From the C&D ATS-V review comments - this about sums it up:

"Why screw around with a relatively complex, expensive, and ultimately less reliable twin turbo DOHC V6, when the Camaro's equally powerful [small block V8] is more fuel efficient - particularly on the highway?"

The ATS-V also weighs a bit more and the styling hasn't won me over. It's certainly not worth $20k more than a 2SS
fzr100098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
The residual is probably being propped up by Cadillac.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #4
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
If you need 4 doors not a bad option.

For some reason I still cannot get over the dash gauges! It's like they went back 10 years. What were they thinking!?!?!
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP that deal has you spending over $21K. I think with all the good Camaro deals around if you bought a 2SS nicely equipped and put in that $21K into the deal in 3 years you should have at least $4-5 K equity to buy something else. (Be sure to stay away from expensive add-ons that are worth nothing on a trade.) As opposed to having nothing after 3 years. And hopefully you will not owe at the end of the lease.

The Camaro is at least as much fun as the ATS/V and almost as fast. And sounds better. I think the biggest problems Cadillac has with the ATS/V besides the price is the Camaro SS.

Of course if you want/need a four door then the ATS/V is a great choice. If not, not so much. But if you are writing off the lease then the Cadillac makes more $$ sense.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Totally depends on what your looking for in a car and what your budget is. Just FYI though. I can tell you factually the 2017 1LE is over 1.5 seconds faster around Laguna Seca with Randy Pobst at the wheel that he ran in the ATS-V coupe, the sedan is slower than that. MY bet is that the ATS-V coupe is much closer to the Standard SS than it is the 1LE.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
fzr100098
Banned

Camaro SS is slightly faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile - in terms of performance for the buck and reliability it's really a no brainer. Properly modded I'm sure the ATS-V is a monster, turbo cars always have incredible potential, but reliability suffers
Old 08-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #8
suzook

Drives: camaro
$5k out of pocket? Wtf? That's nuts.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #9
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
The main reason I posted this was because the lease deals on Camaros aren't that great and if you could lease a $65,000 dollar car for about the same monthly payment as a camaro, Is it worth it? Similar performance and the same lease price. But still not a V8.

After I posted this, I went to the ATS-V forums and saw that people are getting pretty good deals with less money up front on this car. The cars must not be moving, or there is a high residual or something is up. Its not a car I'd really want to be seen in, " it screams "OLD MAN DRIVER"...but it seems like it could be a good deal? I'm not sure.
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #10
fzr100098
Banned

Cadillac sales have been slow for forever, and the new CT6 isn't really helping - it looks weird

I can't see Cadillac ever making that big of a dent in Audi and BMW sales, that ship has sailed unless they pull off something amazing
Old 08-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Friend just picked up an ATS-V.

Met sales guy halfway between San Antonio and Houston to get it. Signed everything and left. Gave it some gas to get on the freeway and the check engine light came on. P0299 code diagnosed by OnStar. Took it in the next day because car was not responsive at all.

(Also, there was a nasty rattle with the passenger door he noticed on the way home. That was addressed at the dealership as well.)

Dealership kept it for a couple days to figure out what was wrong. Vacuum hose wasn't hooked up from the factory. They hooked it up and it ran properly.

Unfortunately the dealership curbed the shit out of his rim in the process. They let him know when he came to pick it up but he had to wait a couple of days for a replacement. He told them he wanted it over-nighted. They claimed they couldn't do that. Not sure how that worked out but it got replaced in the end.

Luckily they admitted it because I've had dealerships do this to my car before and try to bullshit their way out of replacing it.

Three issues with less than 300 miles on the car.

Last GM car he owned was a first year Cobalt SS. Had the stage 1 and stage 2 GM upgrades.

Car constantly had the shifter linkage break on him. Dealership he had been taking it to finally replaced the pin that was breaking with a titanium pin. (Not GM approved.) Told him it shouldn't break now. It broke. GM voided his warranty claiming excessive abuse to the car and it was a non GM part installed on the car. He traded it in the same day. Swore off GM for the longest time and decided to buy the ATS-V. This kind of irked him due to past experiences.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote