Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-28-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Exclamation MBRP Axle Back Creaking Sound - HELP

Hey everyone. I was hoping I could find someone who has dealt with a similar issue as I'm seeing. I had my MBRP axleback installed last week and immediately noticed a creaking/vibration sound coming from the car when taking off or when cruising at speed. The sound comes from the rear of the car and is present whether the car is warmed up or not. The sound is a sharp creaking/groaning that is very loud and pronounced when taking off and generally quieter when cruising.

My car is a 2017 1LE (w/ magride) and has never had any creaking sounds or vibrations. Things I have done to try to fix the issue so far:
- Inspect for any damage from installing the axleback, none found.
- Loosened the clamps to see if they the pipes were binding, retightened to 60ft/lb
- Relocated the NPP valves to make sure that the brackets provided my MBRP weren't causing the noise.
- Lubricated the exhaust hangers with white lithium spray grease.
- Added foam tape between the rear bumper support/rear diffuser contact area.

Attached is a video of the sound from both inside and outside the car. It is very audible in the first clip and the video from inside the car at cruising speed. The other clips you have to listen carefully.
Note: my installer did tack weld the exhaust tips on but shaking them or moving the exhaust around does not reproduce the sound.

Tags
axleback, creaking, mbrp, squeek, vibration