Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 12-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #57
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
I see in post #51, on the left side of the Aim screen shot, there are a bunch of PIDs. Are all these available? And I see you are getting brake pressure, steering angle, throttle % too which are great PDR data points.

Did you use the C7_Stingray ECU Profile?

Any reason you went with the OBD instead of the CAN bus other than install simplicity?

Thank You
Old 12-28-2021, 06:02 AM   #58
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
I see in post #51, on the left side of the Aim screen shot, there are a bunch of PIDs. Are all these available? And I see you are getting brake pressure, steering angle, throttle % too which are great PDR data points.

Did you use the C7_Stingray ECU Profile?

Any reason you went with the OBD instead of the CAN bus other than install simplicity?

Thank You
Yes, on the C7_Stingray profile. All of those channels came up and I did't have to use anything, total score!

When I coach, I use this with multiple clients, so it is easier just to plug and play.

Ken
khcoaching is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:42 AM   #59
khcoaching

From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any difference in OBD vs Can connection...

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Chevrolet_Camaro_ecu_eng_100.pdf (261.6 KB, 110 views)
Old 12-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #60
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i still need to get a laptop so i can download my aim date and edit/review my gopro footage better also do you ever use racer360 and what do you think about it?
Old 12-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #61
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i still need to get a laptop so i can download my aim date and edit/review my gopro footage better also do you ever use racer360 and what do you think about it?
HA! I coach at R360...... I primarily do motorcycles, but do cars as well -

https://racers360.com/coaches/ken-hill/

I'd be be happy to do a Camaro6 Zoom going over data if everyone wants....

Ken
Old 12-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #62
kropscamaro16

thanks ken you sound like an awesome guy and driver wish you were closer! haha
Old 12-28-2021, 11:09 AM   #63
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
From what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any difference in OBD vs Can connection...

Ken
Great info Ken! Thank You!
Old 01-20-2022, 09:42 AM   #64
khcoaching

Jan 2022 update -

The car is at the dealer for servicing. All fluids, and some sort of transmission leak(?) as well an updated alignment. I want to keep a track record of having the dealer do the servicing for at least the first year.

SO lucky I have a local dealer that has a performance mechanic that has a true interest in may car. I purchased SPL rear toe rods he is going to install to get more alignment camber from the rear and bring the front up to match.

I also was in on the new Forgeline Apex wheel buy and have a set of 18"s on the way to run scrubs. Hopefully I can get it out for a day in Feb or March! The plan to test for Feb- May will be -

- 19" SC3r with the new alignment

- 18" scrubs

- LT2 intake and tune.

Ken
Old 01-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #65
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Jan 2022 update -

The car is at the dealer for servicing. All fluids, and some sort of transmission leak(?) as well an updated alignment. I want to keep a track record of having the dealer do the servicing for at least the first year.

SO lucky I have a local dealer that has a performance mechanic that has a true interest in may car. I purchased SPL rear toe rods he is going to install to get more alignment camber from the rear and bring the front up to match.

I also was in on the new Forgeline Apex wheel buy and have a set of 18"s on the way to run scrubs. Hopefully I can get it out for a day in Feb or March! The plan to test for Feb- May will be -

- 18" scrubs

- LT2 intake and tune.

Ken
Jealous but happy for you. I have to be believe lighter forged 18” Apex with scrubs will be the ticket… likely faster and maybe even cheaper over the long run when compared to 19” 3r’s.

Excited to hear your experience. You going to run square?

Also curious how much neg camber you’ll get on stock components and spl rods.

Going for something like….
-2.6, 0” toe F and -2.0 1/16” toe R?
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:30 AM   #66
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Jan 2022 update -

- 18" scrubs

- LT2 intake and tune.

Ken

cant wait to see what you can do on some 19s and 3rs are you going square or staggered?
Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #67
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Thanks for posting details and data in this thread! I'm enjoying following it.

Quote:
I want to keep a track record of having the dealer do the servicing for at least the first year.
The plan to test for Feb- May will be -

- 18" scrubs

- LT2 intake and tune.

Ken
I am curious why you want to have the dealership servicing track record if you plan to void the powertrain warranty with the LT2 intake and tune.

Those two items along with a flex fuel sensor/E85 map are tempting upgrades for me once my warranty expires if I eventually get to the point where I stop improving on my lap times with everything stock.

At -2.5° front alignment, you are probably within 0.3° of maxing out front negative camber if it isn't maxed out already. Are you planning to get camber arms and/or do the strut mod plus elongate the two adjustment holes on each side to get more range of front adjustability?

Last edited by cdrptrks; 01-20-2022 at 10:55 AM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #68
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i have all of the spl parts in the rear lol so its easy but from factory you can get -2 no problem and yea oem tires/pads arent bad on these cars
Quote:
The tech who did the alignment could only get 1.8 and 1.5 out of the year and he has quite a lot of experience with these cars. I'll the the arms on after I try the square setup as it isn't horrible now.

Ken
Same experience for me...tech showed me that -1.4° of rear camber was physically the maximum possible amount on my car with stock parts while keeping rear toe right around the number specified in the performance supplement (+0.05° on each side in my case). Toe would change in the wrong direction when he tried to add more negative rear camber.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:11 PM   #69
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Jealous but happy for you. I have to be believe lighter forged 18” Apex with scrubs will be the ticket… likely faster and maybe even cheaper over the long run when compared to 19” 3r’s.

Excited to hear your experience. You going to run square?

Also curious how much neg camber you’ll get on stock components and spl rods.

Going for something like….
-2.6, 0” toe F and -2.0 1/16” toe R?
Yes, 19x11 front and rear with 305/30/19... I'll run the 3Rs in the same size and also square with the scrubs.

The current alignment I have run is .-2.5 and -1.7. The GM tech that ground the front struts said he could get -3.0 out of the front, but was limited with the rear. Our plan is -3.0 and -2.25 with zero toe again.

Ken

Last edited by khcoaching; 01-20-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:21 PM   #70
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Thanks for posting details and data in this thread! I'm enjoying following it.

I am curious why you want to have the dealership servicing track record if you plan to void the powertrain warranty with the LT2 intake and tune.

Those two items along with a flex fuel sensor/E85 map are tempting upgrades for me once my warranty expires if I eventually get to the point where I stop improving on my lap times with everything stock.

At -2.5° front alignment, you are probably within 0.3° of maxing out front negative camber if it isn't maxed out already. Are you planning to get camber arms and/or do the strut mod plus elongate the two adjustment holes on each side to get more range of front adjustability?
I lucked out and have a very friendly dealer to work with. They have a "Corvette" mechanic that does Hi-Performance work and is extremely knowledgable. (He has done LS swaps, tuning, cam installs, etc)

I decided to keep the car in warrantable fashion until mid year, maybe a bit, longer. I have some goals with it without tuning and want to see how far I can take it. (He mentioned installing the LT2 without a tune and it be fine...) I do have a E85 setup, not installed, but E85 isn't available here, so I will hold off until it gets tuned, probably mid summer if I reach my goals.

Strut mod was already done. Without it, I was stuck at -1.7 in the front.

Ken