Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #1
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Functional splitter aeroflow dynamics

I stumbled upon this splitter today and can't find much info about it. Just wondering about the product and the company if anyone has any info. Been casually looking for some front aero and other than APR there isn't a whole lot that I can find.

https://www.aeroflowdynamics.com/col...nt-splitter-v2
Attached Images

Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:41 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
thats for stance kids if you want a functional one gotta go with apr or asc or have it custom built like frank did from rsfuture
Old 12-12-2022, 01:56 PM   #3
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
thats for stance kids if you want a functional one gotta go with apr or asc or have it custom built like frank did from rsfuture

I also trust the guys over at MFRengineering.

They have a splitter that took out a curb before the bumper gave in:

https://mfrengineering.com/collectio...front-splitter

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 02:17 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

oh yea forgot about those guys also my buddy has a blue 1le with a full kit on it splitters sides rear and the bumper exhaust and big wang
Old 12-12-2022, 04:22 PM   #5
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
I just got my APR splitter hopefully it's in good condition. Now I'm looking for a nice rear diffuser something that doesn't look out of place.
Attached Images

20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 04:25 PM   #6
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osbornsm View Post
I also trust the guys over at MFRengineering.

They have a splitter that took out a curb before the bumper gave in:

https://mfrengineering.com/collectio...front-splitter

This one looks good. I haven't seen this one yet, I like it. It's not excessively huge and chassis mounted aluminum. Not a huge fan of giant wings or splitters, and I'm not fast enough (yet) to really need them.

I sent a message to the one I posted to see how it was mounted, yet to hear back.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #7
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
The thing about splitter function in general is that it works on the pressure difference between damming up airflow on top of it (high pressure) and keeping the airflow as laminar and fast as possible underneath (low pressure). The further out in front it extends and the further back under the front it extends, the more effective it will be. All the ones pictured in this thread so far will do something, but they are far from being as effective as possible. Of course, a maximized splitter is not too practical on the street. But maybe some of these can be modified to accept a bolt-on extension (in both directions) for track use, which can be quickly removed for street use.

AJ Hartman Aero is a guy that actually does testing and research on the devices he sells. Unfortunately, I don't think he's done anything for Camaros yet. He will do custom parts, though.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
The thing about splitter function in general is that it works on the pressure difference between damming up airflow on top of it (high pressure) and keeping the airflow as laminar and fast as possible underneath (low pressure). The further out in front it extends and the further back under the front it extends, the more effective it will be. All the ones pictured in this thread so far will do something, but they are far from being as effective as possible. Of course, a maximized splitter is not too practical on the street. But maybe some of these can be modified to accept a bolt-on extension (in both directions) for track use, which can be quickly removed for street use.

AJ Hartman Aero is a guy that actually does testing and research on the devices he sells. Unfortunately, I don't think he's done anything for Camaros yet. He will do custom parts, though.

yup aj hartman is awesome amir aka rsfuture did a custom splitter setup for frank but its a one off custom piece not a production part at this time
Old 12-21-2022, 06:30 AM   #9
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I just got my APR splitter hopefully it's in good condition. Now I'm looking for a nice rear diffuser something that doesn't look out of place.
MFRengineering guys have a nice rear diffuser but $$$$
Old 12-28-2022, 11:56 PM   #10
Baddawg53

Well I went with the APR splitter. It may not be the most effective possible but it'll help.

Surprised that it looks like I'm going to have to cut a huge chunk out of the middle of the splitter for the trans cooler. I've seen other pictures where it comes notched so not really sure what the deal is. If anyone has installed one of these and has some tips I'm all ears, there's very little info that I can find.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2022, 11:39 AM   #11
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
There is a SS and a SS 1LE version. The 1LE version has a big cutout. I can measure and send you the cutout dimensions if you like.

I got mine earlier this month and I'm still deciding if I really want to figure out how to chassis mount the front supports, or just bumper mount them with some significant backing so it doesn't pull out under load.
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #12
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
There is a SS and a SS 1LE version. The 1LE version has a big cutout. I can measure and send you the cutout dimensions if you like.

I got mine earlier this month and I'm still deciding if I really want to figure out how to chassis mount the front supports, or just bumper mount them with some significant backing so it doesn't pull out under load.
I ordered what is says is the SS version, because my car is an SS. To my knowledge there isn't anything different in that area of the car between the SS and the 1le. I still have a trans cooler that needs airflow. I'm waiting to hear back from APR about it.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2022, 11:50 AM   #13
Baddawg53

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
That would be great, I think I'm going to end up cutting it.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:56 PM   #14
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I ordered what is says is the SS version, because my car is an SS. To my knowledge there isn't anything different in that area of the car between the SS and the 1le. I still have a trans cooler that needs airflow. I'm waiting to hear back from APR about it.
I think APR assumed the cooler wasn't as necessary in non track-pack cars. idk.

I'll take some measurements tonight for you. It should be pretty easy.

Are you thinking bumper mount for the front rods? That's what I'm leaning towards.
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote