Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds > Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests
View our official forum sponsors list.

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Thumbs up NEW Tech @ Phastek Performance

Hello and whats up my fello camaro6ians!

Just wanted to drop in, say hello and let everyone know I am the new kid on the block at Phastek Performance. I have finally been awarded one of the greatest jobs on earth. I am grateful to become part of the Phastek Performance team and hope I can perform too and above their standards. If anyone needs help with ANYthing please don't hesitate to gives us a call. Just a little about me. I've been a gear head since I was born. My first car was a '79 Berlinetta Camaro with T-tops(loved them). I ventured into the import world with about 8 Integras with over 500whp. US Army Veteran of 8 years where I was in the infantry and then learned to "fix" people in the medical field. Been working on Navy airplanes for the last 8 years or so maintaining my hobby with cars on the side. I now own a 2015 2SS/RS (pictured below) with full bolt ons and cammed ready for some blow. Now that I have teamed up with the Phastek Performance team I/we plan on taking over the world! haha Special thanks to Ricardo and Jason for the opportunity and hope to hear from each and every camaro owner on the planet.

Until next time shoot us a PM with any questions or how we can help in any way!!

Thank you,
Gabe

Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Congrats on the new job.

Something that's been bothering me recently on phastek's site is this product.
http://www.phastekperformance.com/Si...ro-campod3.htm

How does this work on any 5th or 6th gen camaro? The air duct vents are circular from the beginning of 5th gen to the current 6th gen. The "defroster" ducts for the side windows aren't connected at all to the outside of the main duct, they're set back completely separate on top of the dash because the air conditioning ducts on all 5th and 6th gen camaro's are well below the side windows.

So how exactly does this product that's being marketed for the camaro work? How does it even fit without cutting off that apparently useless "defroster" vent?
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Thanks for your service... and thank you for leaving imports for American muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
Sales@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Congrats on the new job.

Something that's been bothering me recently on phastek's site is this product.

How does this work on any 5th or 6th gen camaro? The air duct vents are circular from the beginning of 5th gen to the current 6th gen. The "defroster" ducts for the side windows aren't connected at all to the outside of the main duct, they're set back completely separate on top of the dash because the air conditioning ducts on all 5th and 6th gen camaro's are well below the side windows.

So how exactly does this product that's being marketed for the camaro work? How does it even fit without cutting off that apparently useless "defroster" vent?
The dashpod you are looking at is made for the 6th gen only since it mounts in the defrost vent location. There are other versions for the 5th gen. I believe the "circular" vents you referred too are the general ac vents.

The 5th gen defrost vents are on the door. The 6th gen moved them to the dash. See image below of the 6th gen location.

The pod will replace the factory vent but will still allow the defrost functionality to perform its job. In the picture below you will see the vents allowing the defrost vents to still operate.

I hope this clears up any confusion but if you have any questions, please let us know.

thanks
gabe
Old 08-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
cellsafemode

I must not be getting how it's installed.

I thought the idea is you pull the AC vent directional mechanisms out of the dash (the one nearest to the door since that's the only one that makes sense for a gauge pod) and you put this thing in it's place so you can shove a gauge in there.

How does the window vent part of this product fit anywhere? The defrost vent is on top of the dash, no where near the AC vent but this pod has the defrost vent seemingly attached to the front of the pod.

The way the duct is setup on the 6th gen, a gauge pod shouldn't need any sort of defrost bypass built in to the pod because the defrost vent already bypasses anything you have shoved in to the AC vent port since it's forked further back in the vent than the pod will occupy.

To me it seems like something you would have to cut off to install in our car.

unless this thing gets shoved really far into the AC port - further back than i would assume.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Kool. By the way, can you Hook me up with those satin black racing stripes from that black 2016 Sema Camaro?

Last edited by LuvMI; 08-15-2017 at 01:32 PM.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
I must not be getting how it's installed.

I thought the idea is you pull the AC vent directional mechanisms out of the dash (the one nearest to the door since that's the only one that makes sense for a gauge pod) and you put this thing in it's place so you can shove a gauge in there.

How does the window vent part of this product fit anywhere? The defrost vent is on top of the dash, no where near the AC vent but this pod has the defrost vent seemingly attached to the front of the pod.

The way the duct is setup on the 6th gen, a gauge pod shouldn't need any sort of defrost bypass built in to the pod because the defrost vent already bypasses anything you have shoved in to the AC vent port since it's forked further back in the vent than the pod will occupy.

To me it seems like something you would have to cut off to install in our car.

unless this thing gets shoved really far into the AC port - further back than i would assume.
You are trying to compare two different products.

1. Goes in place of the AC vent where you put a gauge in it

2. This one you remove the defroster vent and replace it with this and it sits on top of the dash, it is designed so the defroster vent still works. The round piece has nothing to do with the AC vent, it only holds the gauge you are putting in it.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #8
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
You are trying to compare two different products.

1. Goes in place of the AC vent where you put a gauge in it

2. This one you remove the defroster vent and replace it with this and it sits on top of the dash, it is designed so the defroster vent still works. The round piece has nothing to do with the AC vent, it only holds the gauge you are putting in it.
Oh, this sits on top of the defroster vent. That makes a little more sense. The rubber look of it made me think this was something you weren't going to see because it goes inside the AC vent.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
A Warm welcome Gabe. Are you also in charge for the foreigners
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #10
Sales@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
Kool. By the way, can you Hook me up with those satin black racing stripes from that black 2016 Sema Camaro?
At this time we do not carry any racing stripes. We are working on getting a new line up set up for the website so stay tuned!

Quote:
Oh, this sits on top of the defroster vent. That makes a little more sense. The rubber look of it made me think this was something you weren't going to see because it goes inside the AC vent.
Yes this particular one basically replaces the current vent on the defrost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
A Warm welcome Gabe. Are you also in charge for the foreigners
Thank you and you and I will do my best to help everyone!!

Last edited by Sales@Phastek; 08-17-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #11
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Will do! Would be the perfect x-mas gift to myself...
Attached Images

Last edited by LuvMI; 08-15-2017 at 09:55 PM.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #12
Sales@Phastek

Thumbs up

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone get to see the eclipse?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
Will do! Would be the perfect x-mas gift to myself...
Wow. Are those also for indicator lights.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #14
Sales@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Wow. Are those also for indicator lights.
We carry a couple of lighting options. Diode Dynamics have what they call Switchback DRL Boards They basically allow the DRL to change to the amber color when the blinker is applied, and then switch back to the normal DRL color when off.
Oracle has a Camaro DRL Eyebrow Headlight Kit that allows the color to be changed to several different colors but they stay on until you turn them off. The blinker function will not work as its supposed too when the color mode is activated. We are working with Oracle to see if they produce one where the light will change to a color of choice and it still function as Gm designed. Let us know if there's any other questions or if you'd like to order one of these mentioned.

thanks,
gabe

Tags
camaro experts, new tech, phastek, phastek performance