Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 08-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #15
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1996 View Post
yes a lot of use are
What's a lot? 3, 5? Some are, wouldn't say a lot.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #16
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
Take it to a body shop and send the dealership the bill
Won't work without the dealerships buy in. They will tell you to send it to their approved shop.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #17
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meilmarc View Post
Same thing on my drivers side, i set up an appointment for the dealership to fix it
How long have u had ur car before u noticed it? I've had mine since January and I hand wash it so I know it hasn't been there long.
Thanks
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:09 AM   #18
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Lol We own a body shop, they'll do exactly what I descibed above, unless the clips won't line up. Then they'll remove the one screw holding that side in place, pull the whole side out, realign the clips, thwack away, and replace screw.
What she said. This typically happens when a clip wasn't properly seated and then the panel retention screw on the far end is torqued past spec, which pulls the panel and the unclipped area will try to go straight instead of keeping its' curve.

You could properly fix it yourself if you are careful with how far you bend the panel outward as you reset the clips. You don't want to flex the paint past its' tolerance. Grab a decent set of polymer pry tools and some extra soft clothes to work with.

This all happened with my 2013 Camaro after the repair from an idiot rear-ending me. On mine it was the rear bumper approaching the wheel well. I removed the screws holding the bumper in that wheel well and used the pry tools to pop all the clips along that side. After aligning the faulty clip, I reset each clip starting from the rear and worked back to the wheel well. After all the clips were in, I replaced the screws at hand tightness. Three days later I verified everything was still seated correctly and tightened the screws again.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #19
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate1 View Post
How long have u had ur car before u noticed it? I've had mine since January and I hand wash it so I know it hasn't been there long.
Thanks
Had it for less than a month when I noticed, took it in, they checked for any impact but didn't see any then made an appointment to fix it, said it was under warranty
meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #20
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Mine was at service today. Said they need to replace the retention clips. Will take a couple weeks to come in.
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #21
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Don't let it stay that way for more than a couple weeks, or else the plastic will start to lose its' memory. If you took it in, have them remove the bumper and leave it off until the clips arrive. Those are among the most common of pieces for body shops, they should be able to get them same or next day.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote