Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #29
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Could a person install a tank in the trunk run a line to the washer tank so as the meth was pumped out of the washer tank the trunk tank would run into the washer tank to keep it full untill the trunk tank ran out. Of course the washer tank would have to be air tight with a rubber plug or someting. Think this would work?
Sounds like it would work but with Alkys low level indicator, I dont really see a need.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #30
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
I just use the low washer indicator. It wont go off once it comes on unless you clear it. Its very low but not out when it comes on.

Just to have extra on hand for like a long trip. Its a daily
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #31
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
greetings from LTG threads.

couple of things came to mind about tank mount. haven't had the trunk checked at track tech but I believe a MW tank in the trunk is a no-go w/o a shield. also goes for aftermarket E85, if it isn't factory built there, I think I read at least one person was told to get a fire suit. If your mounted in the engine bay, the rules (nhra and who ever is running your tech) i think its passable. that guided my approach.

I used the ww tank. The pump motor mounts in the front wheel well with a fabbed mount, and there are already threaded taps on the frame . All I had to do was remove the splash guard and wheel liner. The ww tank comes out with 2 #10s. The instructions say keep the fluids in correct elevations to prevent siphon and prime loss. The snow kit came with a anti siphon valve that prevents both. So the piping stays pretty near optimal there. There's plenty of room and access around the wheel well to run braided hose, I ground out a pinch weld, and that's the only evidence of machining. tested the tank to low and the snow level indicates before the ww light came on,, so 2 visual alerts. You can not drop the level guage in the skinny tank, so I just drilled holes in the tank and pressed the bolted plate on with jb weld for plastics. The tank is HDPE same as the fluid bottle or milk. And is like $50 to replace.

found only 1 switched fuse to run a piggy back that has the room for the tap but it looks shop. Use the panel to the left of the dash, find the utube on mounting a dash guage pod, there's enough room in there to use as a junction box.

Running ww fluid cut in half to about 10% M to W. works great.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494250

++++ THE OBSCENE WHITE MARK IS ACTUALLY A DOG HAIR! +++
not a scratch lol.

Gauges and physical boost pressure tap.

Name:  IMG_20200307_171805.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  198.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20200307_111416.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  276.4 KB

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote