Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-28-2018, 01:10 PM   #2507
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
I can’t get into the looks of any of the challengers with those Bushwacker Fender flares
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #2508
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Ok, well since you put it that way.....
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:55 PM   #2509
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
That's really...Wuao
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:36 PM   #2510
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
They already have a widebody Hellcat. Not sure what the redeye version is, it what is new is the widebody scat pack.

My brother was set on a widebody hellcat, but once he saw it in person, he ordered a regular body Hellcat. Just picked it up yesterday for $66,666.66... lol

As others have said, the widebody flares look tacked on unfortunately and I wouldn't call that a widebody just because it has plastic fender flares. I do like the new hood though.

Last edited by Cgocifer; 06-28-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #2511
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Those fender flares look hideous! That’s not a wide body that’s someone’s failed attempt to give more room for wider tires. Giant fail on FCA!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:50 PM   #2512
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by x55cam View Post
The platform of the 6th gen without a doubt makes the refresh very acceptable. Did GM have to make the changes to the appearance from the the 5th because of the change to the new platform? I don't know but I would have easily been very happy with the technical changes, only.

I just feel that the more changes they make to it's appearance , year to year, you wound up with something that is morphed to the extreme of being unrecognizable. Sort of like what Michael Jackson made himself into with all those plastic surgeries.
Looking at the pictures of the LT 1LE Camaro and I see something that I really like, though if I were to go that route it would be the V-6 and not the 2.0T. The 2.0T would be the lighter car with less weight on the front end however I just like the sound that the V-6 has over the 2.0T engine.

Seeing the SS front end at least for me in other angles makes it look much better, it really just needs to ditch that black front bumper section in the middle and move the bow tie to the upper grille and it would be great IMO.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:19 AM   #2513
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
Game changing as it relates to the current Scatpack only with it's narrow wheel and tire combo that does very little to handle the 485/475 hp/torque. Also, they've added the line lock feature, launch control, and launch assist (standard); vast improvements over the previous Scats and they've added their adaptive dampening shocks (optional) that were usually just for the SRTs. Game changing indeed!
Like I said, still the same tired looking Chally... with wider tires.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #2514
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Those fender flares look hideous! That’s not a wide body that’s someone’s failed attempt to give more room for wider tires. Giant fail on FCA!
Like those plastic fender wings and high mounted pedestal wing on the ZL1 1LE doesnt? I choosing the normal ZL1 just because I dont like the look of those, but sometimes looks have to suffer a little to gain performace. Although I like the widebody Challengers myself. Also, it would only be a failed atempt if they actually couldnt have put wider tires on it. So you're wrong on that account. Great cars. Keep it up Fiat. You are making your haters hate more which means you are doing the right thing.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #2515
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post

You may be alone on that thought, Dodge did a great job keeping the challenger, hellcat interesting and good looking. Camaro is going in reverse .
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:36 AM   #2516
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
The Dodge fender flares look like crap, they do the job, but they look like $19.⁹⁹ stick on crap from JC Whitney catalog.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #2517
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
The Dodge fender flares look like crap, they do the job, but they look like $19.⁹⁹ stick on crap from JC Whitney catalog.

Getting up close and personal looking at the wide body cars, Dodge did a very professional job making the wheel flares look great. Look at some of the body sculpters wide body kits installed, now those do in fact look like crap.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:56 AM   #2518
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
And so do the plastic fender wings and high spoiler on the 1LE/ZL1. They look cheesy and ricer but needed to make th car do what it can do so everyone gives them a pass. When GM offered a high wing Spoiler on the gen5 car most everyone made fun of it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #2519
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
And so do the plastic fender wings and high spoiler on the 1LE/ZL1. They look cheesy and ricer but needed to make th car do what it can do so everyone gives them a pass. When GM offered a high wing Spoiler on the gen5 car most everyone made fun of it.
I think the ricer wing and cannards on the ZL1 1LE look like crap but they make the car perform well, so they are a necessary evil.

The stick on Dodge fender flares are a band aid for a car designed with 245 series tires that now wants to have traction like the rest of the industry. Instead of updating the design they just tack on fender flares.
Lame.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:56 AM   #2520
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
think of it from a cost stand point in regard to the flares - Are people that are interested in the car really going to pass on it because of the flares? Doubtful, they are more interested that it has 700+ hp. And those that would buy if it were a true widebody would not make up the extra cost of making a whole new body instead of just slapping on flares. The assembly line is a lot more efficient that way too
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!