Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #1
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
ECS supercharger question and best price?

Hey guys just seeing if anyone knows who has the best price on an ECS supercharger kit. Think I have pretty much made up my mind on the ECS kit. Also does anyone know what boost the kit is supposed to put out? I have a custom tick polluter cam with long tubes and thinking that will reduce the amount of boost the car will make.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Doug @ ECS

Drives: very fast
We are running black Friday sales throughout the whole week so feel free to give us a call, we have some great deals going on.

Max boost is roughly 15 lbs with your cam +-, but you could also up the head unit size right from the start if your engine can handle it.

Thnaks!
Doug @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
GR8WHITE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug @ ECS View Post
We are running black Friday sales throughout the whole week so feel free to give us a call, we have some great deals going on.

Max boost is roughly 15 lbs with your cam +-, but you could also up the head unit size right from the start if your engine can handle it.

Thnaks!
Thanks Doug, I want to run it reliably for as long as I can on the stock bottom end. Thinking 8-10 psi should get me where I want on the street, I would like to keep it in the low 600hp to the wheels. I am at 486hp at the wheels now.

Lastly Doug since I have the ZL1 pump in the 1LE do I need to run the pump booster? Also what is the max power you can run the 60lb injectors? Once again thank you Doug, I will be calling you guys soon.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #4
Doug @ ECS

Drives: very fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8WHITE1 View Post
Thanks Doug, I want to run it reliably for as long as I can on the stock bottom end. Thinking 8-10 psi should get me where I want on the street, I would like to keep it in the low 600hp to the wheels. I am at 486hp at the wheels now.

Lastly Doug since I have the ZL1 pump in the 1LE do I need to run the pump booster? Also what is the max power you can run the 60lb injectors? Once again thank you Doug, I will be calling you guys soon.

Thanks, glad to help!

Since you have the ZL1 pump we can deduct the voltage booster from the kit for you, the 60# injectors (which are actually in the 70's since they are rated at 45lbs fuel pressure) can make up to 700 rwhp, but that is with the inclusion of meth injection which is needed for the octane over 600 rwhp.

I have not tried to max out the 60 lb injector on race gas to see what it would top out at without meth, sorry.
Doug @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #5
GR8WHITE1

Quote:
Thanks, glad to help!

Since you have the ZL1 pump we can deduct the voltage booster from the kit for you, the 60# injectors (which are actually in the 70's since they are rated at 45lbs fuel pressure) can make up to 700 rwhp, but that is with the inclusion of meth injection which is needed for the octane over 600 rwhp.

I have not tried to max out the 60 lb injector on race gas to see what it would top out at without meth, sorry.
I also have a fluidampr underdrive pulley. Would I be able to utilize this still or would I have to swap out to something else?
Old 12-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #6
GR8WHITE1

Quote:
Thanks, glad to help!

PM sent.