Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #43
skidawgz

Drives: 2004 Mustang v6 w/m112
I just last week took my first trip to the west coast and drove the PCH. I was in a rental Ford Focus and wish i had a Mustang/Camaro/MINI so bad. Sorry to put those cars in same sentence Camaro guys. It helped me gain appreciation for the winding roads and beautiful weather.

Point is, I enjoyed the video because I believe you handled the criticism well as he drove. I also think that the few items he highlighted are what I loved on my test drive. The shifting, steering, handling, sound, are just amazing in the 1LE. I also liked your point about the v8 M3 weight, and I had never thought about.

I don't get why everyone dumps on the interior. The three cars (for my next) I am torn between are Cadillac ATS or CTS and Chevy Camaro. It is the handling that excites me most in each!
skidawgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #44
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
I dont mind the guy but i can see why some see could call him "douchy"
At the beginning he was kind of impatient/bossy. That could rub people the wrong way and he has done it at other times as well.

It doesnt bother me.

But i will say sir - your car sounds pretty sweet and not helping with my next car purchase
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #45
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Thanks for the comments guys. Layed up at home sick with sick kids and my cam keeps calling my name in the garage ugh.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:45 AM   #46
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
He thinks OnStar is cool...take away his man card.
I actually thought it was funny he was using OnStar to make reservations and buy movie tickets. At least he is getting his moneys worth. I have used it exactly once since I have had the car and I think my free trial runs out in 4 months.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #47
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Matt mentioned something about pulling the #8 fuse instead of using a VTC. Is that true? I guess it would just be the equivalent of SP9 at that point?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #48
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissophiss View Post
Matt mentioned something about pulling the #8 fuse instead of using a VTC. Is that true? I guess it would just be the equivalent of SP9 at that point?
Yes and I had it like that but it's ALWAYS open. So I made a mild to wild setup so I could open and close as needed which is nice cruising on the freeway when you can barely hear it.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #49
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissophiss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8WHITE1 View Post
Yes and I had it like that but it's ALWAYS open. So I made a mild to wild setup so I could open and close as needed which is nice cruising on the freeway when you can barely hear it.
No lmao that fuse pull is for npp exhaust it keeps the flaps open. Has nothing to do with what the vitesse throttle controller does
Old 04-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #50
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
I dont mind the guy but i can see why some see could call him "douchy"
At the beginning he was kind of impatient/bossy. That could rub people the wrong way and he has done it at other times as well.

It doesnt bother me.

But i will say sir - your car sounds pretty sweet and not helping with my next car purchase
^^^This

Don't think his personality would bother me either. It's all about diplomacy, adapting, how you carry yourself, and push comes to shove, a taste of your own medicine

That said, he did have a cold, and don't tell me some of you don't get a lil cranky when feeling under the weather, lol.

As for the review, I thought it was fair, but what a lame road to test it a "1LE" on.

He is also a Vette owner, so I can see his reluctance to accept certain things Camaro, even if a Chevy dude.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #51
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
GR8....your car is amazing and congrats on it's 15 minutes of fame. Well deserved. Matt, however, is a pompous douchebag.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #52
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
the sound and fury of your car was great!I did noy pay much attention to the nut behind the wheel.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #53
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
OP, you talk as if anyone ever heard of that site and that guy.
The website ranks 20,460,302 in visits LOL.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #54
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
I have watched yours and three other one takes. They are so interesting.
2013 Black 2SS Camaro - NPP Exhaust - Rotofab Cold Air Intake - SWorks Stainless Power Long Tube Headers 1 7/8" - CNC Ported Throttle Body - Showstopper Sidemarkers Ghosted Black - Sequential Tail Lights - RX Catch Can - Hill Start Assist Disabled- 35% Tint - Heritage Grille - BTR Stage 4 Cam - 3.91 Gears
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote