Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone thought of big guys and gals when building seats for durability. I've read about this a lot on this forum over the years. You'll hear 96 reasons from all kinds of sources here about how it's your fault. I call a big BS on all of them. Face it, quality isn't what it once was. I've own so many cars that dated back to the sixties to today, and seat quality has went down for sure. I have old Chrysler 300 seats that I turned into furniture for the man cave that are still like new. And, I can tell you that that car didn't get babied, and I never had to worry about how I entered or exited.

I'm not just picking on GM either. No one builds anything to last anymore. They just make excuses for their failures to build durability. It's the new human way and we justify it to ourselves by believing the excuses. And we enable it by trying to get others to believe them too. Seats shouldn't look like that on a car with only 5k on it. It don't care how much it cost.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #44
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
At the dealership now and already saying well do you wear jeans because that is the problem not the seat. Funny I don't remember signing a waiver when I bought the car saying I couldn't wear jeans. If they don't cover it I'm gonna be very very upset and I am going to raise hell until this is fixed. Let's see what the final outcome is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #45
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
I worked at acura and honda for almost 8 years as a tech and never did I see the seats on those cars look like mine after years let alone 4 months in my camaro. Just goes to show the lack of quality materials chosen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #46
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I have a policy in my baby, no jeans unless the seats are covered with a soft cotton towel otherwise soft cotton summer dockers. And no shorts, I don't want anyone's legs sticking to the leather, unless she is 21 and it's a 18 inch miniskirt of course.
the leather may last longer. I have had leather seats on all my cars for over 20 years, you have to be very gentle with them and condition the hell out of them all the time. But even with the Cadillacs, that area gets ALOT of abuse and frequently needs to be repaired after awhile if you can't live with it.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #47
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Yeah man....looks like its time to chalk up the loss on those seats. Those wrinkles make them complete junk at this point and bring down the awesomeness of your car. I'll take one for the team and take them off your hands so you wont have to deal with them anymore.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #48
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Leather suppliers are GM DIRECTED:/
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #49
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
As far as wrinkles, that's an easy fix with a low set heat gun or upholstery steamer, This is what is done on ALL seats during assembly. Around :44 you'll see the heat gun and steam being used to "Finesse" the seats to remove wrinkles and work the cover.

Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #50
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
This reminds me that I have to hit my seats with the conditioner soon. I am very anal about conditioning my seats, but with my hectic schedule as of late I've been lazy with my ZL's seats. I've learned that if you head off the leather with good care, you can avoid many of the wear issues that's common with normal or even heavy use.

On the other hand, sometimes defects or other things may cause wear pre-maturely (or not due to normal use). In any event I'd definitely would see the dealer about the problem.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote