Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-06-2021, 11:33 AM   #113
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I would then hand you the HOA or local ordinance noise guidelines and prove I am within them.
Hence why I'll never live in an HOA.

Who in their right mind would pay a monthly fee to live in a neighborhood with bunch of Karens on the rag live all around them????
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #114
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I would then hand you the HOA or local ordinance noise guidelines and prove I am within them.
Understood, but you also would have simply started there. My comment was in direct response to the "when you pay my bill..." suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post

Who in their right mind would pay a monthly fee to live in a neighborhood with bunch of Karens on the rag live all around them????
When I bought both of my houses, I was adamant that it could not be in any sort of "development" or have any sort of HOA oversight. No way am I going to be governed by someone that is on a powertrip...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #115
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Understood, but you also would have simply started there. My comment was in direct response to the "when you pay my bill..." suggestion.

When I bought both of my houses, I was adamant that it could not be in any sort of "development" or have any sort of HOA oversight. No way am I going to be governed by someone that is on a powertrip...
Right on.
Same with me. No HOA in my hood.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #116
Mikey Likes

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert...2019 F-250
Well.... I was in the trucking business when we bought our Town House. They frigged with us from day one... I ended up starting a revolution, getting elected to the Board of Trustees and trashing all of them. Which began a 20 year side career resulting in my being Mayor of the whole town for 8 years.
And once before all that... while I was out... our short term neighbor complained at my wife for having the music blasting as she vacuumed at 2 in the afternoon.
That night... after several ales. I started to repair my Harley using the air compressor and impact gun at 2am. Ironically he never complained to me...
But we have been lucky. 99% great neighbors. And I havnt shoveled a driveway or cut grass in 33 years. We didnt need to downsize when the kid moved out.
But. Now the vert needs to sit outside because a 1 car garage wont hold 2 bikes a car...lifting equipment.. tools... survival food supply... and 2 trash cans....
So when we retire... we need to UPsize the garage...
Mikey Likes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:07 PM   #117
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Likes View Post
Well.... I was in the trucking business when we bought our Town House. They frigged with us from day one... I ended up starting a revolution, getting elected to the Board of Trustees and trashing all of them. Which began a 20 year side career resulting in my being Mayor of the whole town for 8 years.
And once before all that... while I was out... our short term neighbor complained at my wife for having the music blasting as she vacuumed at 2 in the afternoon.
That night... after several ales. I started to repair my Harley using the air compressor and impact gun at 2am. Ironically he never complained to me...
But we have been lucky. 99% great neighbors. And I havnt shoveled a driveway or cut grass in 33 years. We didnt need to downsize when the kid moved out.
But. Now the vert needs to sit outside because a 1 car garage wont hold 2 bikes a car...lifting equipment.. tools... survival food supply... and 2 trash cans....
So when we retire... we need to UPsize the garage...

I have a Fender Strat, a 2006 re-issue of the classic vintage 1957 all-tube 50 watt Fender Bassman amplifier, and my stereo/theater system consists of 5 power amps bridged mono, running about 800 watts rms/1200 watts peak total.

In summer I will crank it all up with the windows open and jam along. Some favorites I’ve gotten decent at are Crossroads by Cream and Zeppelin’s Lemon Song. I can play those all night.

Sometimes my neighbors have brought beer and their lounge chairs and sit on my lawn.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:26 AM   #118
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
I have a Fender Strat, a 2006 re-issue of the classic vintage 1957 all-tube 50 watt Fender Bassman amplifier, and my stereo/theater system consists of 5 power amps bridged mono, running about 800 watts rms/1200 watts peak total.

In summer I will crank it all up with the windows open and jam along. Some favorites I’ve gotten decent at are Crossroads by Cream and Zeppelin’s Lemon Song. I can play those all night.

Sometimes my neighbors have brought beer and their lounge chairs and sit on my lawn.
lol...

I have a 2006 American Deluxe with a MESA Express 5:50 (6L6 and EL84 tubes for the different channels) head and two 2x12 3/4-back cabinets. Shure wireless so I don't need to stand anywhere near it.

I can also switch over to the Lonestar Special head which is all EL84 driven but almost as loud as the Express.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:43 AM   #119
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I have countless guitars and amps, many VERY large, and much more! My entire basement is studio space.
Let's all get together with pour gear at the OPs house and jam! Think the kid is crying now? Just wait! LOL!!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:47 AM   #120
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
I have countless guitars and amps, many VERY large, and much more! My entire basement is studio space.
Let's all get together with pour gear at the OPs house and jam! Think the kid is crying now? Just wait! LOL!!!!
I'm game! Of course, none of it will fit in the Camaro. lmao
Old 01-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #121
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:

We live in an HOA and love it. You have to do your due diligence and read the governing documents to see if you can live with the "rules". Our monthly fees are only $120 per month and include the lawn care, trimming, snow removal, trash pick-up (and, we can put anything we want out to be picked-up), and maintaining our roads as the HOA is private property so the city doesn't repair/take care of them. Also, being private property with no thru traffic as the HOA consists of 4 cul de sacs, it's very quiet and peaceful. Like everything else in life, there are pluses and minuses to everything. The main positive for me is that I have a bad back and don't have to do the lawn work/snow removal anymore.

SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 AM   #122
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
We live in an HOA and love it. You have to do your due diligence and read the governing documents to see if you can live with the "rules". Our monthly fees are only $120 per month and include the lawn care, trimming, snow removal, trash pick-up (and, we can put anything we want out to be picked-up), and maintaining our roads as the HOA is private property so the city doesn't repair/take care of them. Also, being private property with no thru traffic as the HOA consists of 4 cul de sacs, it's very quiet and peaceful. Like everything else in life, there are pluses and minuses to everything. The main positive for me is that I have a bad back and don't have to do the lawn work/snow removal anymore.

That actually sounds very nice!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #123
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
lol...

I have a 2006 American Deluxe with a MESA Express 5:50 (6L6 and EL84 tubes for the different channels) head and two 2x12 3/4-back cabinets. Shure wireless so I don't need to stand anywhere near it.

I can also switch over to the Lonestar Special head which is all EL84 driven but almost as loud as the Express.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Quote:
I'm game! Of course, none of it will fit in the Camaro. lmao
I’m in!!

If you need me to I’ll take bass if we have enough lead guitar players - just need a drummer!

This actually reminds me of Sopranos where they park the Stugots right in front of the beach house of the guy who owed them money, put big PA speakers out on the boat, and blasted Dean Martin right at his house all night
Old 01-07-2021, 08:33 AM   #124
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I’m in!!

If you need me to I’ll take bass if we have enough lead guitar players - just need a drummer!

This actually reminds me of Sopranos where they park the Stugots right in front of the beach house of the guy who owed them money, put big PA speakers out on the boat, and blasted Dean Martin right at his house all night
I also have a few basses, if needed I can also provide a drummer AND have an acoustic and e-drum kit as well. Full high power PA, mics (anyone up for singing? I do a little but NOT good!)

I'll start packing the truck and rounding up the boys! LOL!!!!

They won't hear the car at all anymore! Or much of anything for a while, at least until the ringing goes away.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:21 AM   #125
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:

That is a matter of what your intensions for the house are, not saying flipping the house but if it is not a house you plan to stay in forever a HOA community is perfect. The values usually increase faster and stay more steady than no HOA. of course this is dependent on the time, location etc...

I made out AWESOME from my HOA home because of the neighborhood.

EDIT: yes you can get the local goofball that is everyone's business but as long as you are staying within the guidelines then it is moot. In the non-HOA houses I live in I still have that goofball.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #126
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
That is a matter of what your intensions for the house are, not saying flipping the house but if it is not a house you plan to stay in forever a HOA community is perfect. The values usually increase faster and stay more steady than no HOA. of course this is dependent on the time, location etc...

I made out AWESOME from my HOA home because of the neighborhood.

EDIT: yes you can get the local goofball that is everyone's business but as long as you are staying within the guidelines then it is moot. In the non-HOA houses I live in I still have that goofball.
If the HOA holds the responsibility of keeping the buildings up, then this would mostly track. If this falls to the homeowner, then it may not be as true. While the HOA can "dictate" what is supposed to be done, it's ultimately up to the homeowner to actually do it and do it according to the regs.

My current house has "encumbrances" that set forth certain guidelines of what's allowed in my neighborhood. No temporary garages allowed, and you can't park an RV or camper on your property for more than a certain number of days. Both of those are being violated currently, but they are not eyesores (which is what the encumbrances were intended to prevent).

The beauty of the way they're written, however, is that if I don't like what my neighbor is doing (that's in violation), I have to sue him in court for it. That makes it MUCH more likely that I'll just go have a civil conversation with him about it first...