Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #29
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
Just got mine in the mail...gonna install this weekend. How did every ones install and relearn go? Any tips or comments on the process?
I did not even do the relearn procedure. I just bolted it up and started driving However, you may have a different experience and need to complete the relearn procedure.
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #30
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Thanks...did you disconnect the battery for the full 8 hrs?
Old 03-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #31
Jvert18

Drives: 18 2LT RS V6 M6 Vert
I followed the instructions to the tee and threw a p1516 code on the first 44+ MPH relearn run. Not sure what to do yet.
Jvert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #32
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvert18 View Post
I followed the instructions to the tee and threw a p1516 code on the first 44+ MPH relearn run. Not sure what to do yet.
Sorry to hear that, Jvert18. Please disconnect the battery for 10-15 min, then make sure the TB is installed and connected properly. Once you reconnect battery the CEL should go away and you should be able to run the relearn again. If CEL pops again, please email or call, we'll find a solution to your liking.

Thanks!
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #33
Jvert18

Drives: 18 2LT RS V6 M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Sorry to hear that, Jvert18. Please disconnect the battery for 10-15 min, then make sure the TB is installed and connected properly. Once you reconnect battery the CEL should go away and you should be able to run the relearn again. If CEL pops again, please email or call, we'll find a solution to your liking.

Thanks!

Will do! Pretty sure install is correct (old school greaser) but I will certainly double check. Btw, I have your TC installed as well and not sure if that makes a difference during the relearn.
Jvert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #34
RxSummit16

Got the new tb installed and everything seems to be good. Just wondering how many miles before I can do some hard runs...
Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #35
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Thanks, Rx. 50 miles, that's about 5 driving cycles. You can actually run it hard now, but getting to WOT progressively so the ECM can get a taste of all throttle positions along the way. Be safe.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #36
RxSummit16

Thanks! I've got about 150 miles on the new tb at this point and the only thing that I'm noticing that I didn't notice with stock one is that there is a slight "bounce" of the tach needle when I'm holding steady speed and let off the accelerator. Is this normal? When I "jab" the accelerator and let off is it the normal behavior. Every thing else seems great!

Quote:
Thanks, Rx. 50 miles, that's about 5 driving cycles. You can actually run it hard now, but getting to WOT progressively so the ECM can get a taste of all throttle positions along the way. Be safe.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:35 AM   #37
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
So I’m curious about why the 76mm size was chosen? There’s another company that tunes, makes supercharger kits, etc for our LGX engines. They have an 80mm TB available for $329.
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:47 AM   #38
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
So I’m curious about why the 76mm size was chosen? There’s another company that tunes, makes supercharger kits, etc for our LGX engines. They have an 80mm TB available for $329.
It comes from the stock 3.6L V6 TB (72mm) and we modify it to 76mm at WOT, this is the maximum you can run w/o tuning. We also added features to increase flow at partial throttle, which is what most folks enjoy the most.

For those willing to tune, we are working on the 80mm right now plus the Adapter kit you'll need. We'll take it up to 84mm at WOT plus all the other features of our TB's at partial throttle.

Not sure which company that is, but we have seen a straight bore adapter + a plain/stock 80mm being sold out there for that much.

We think our 84mm product (Adapter kit included) will be very competitive at that price point regardless.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2020, 02:44 AM   #39
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
It comes from the stock 3.6L V6 TB (72mm) and we modify it to 76mm at WOT, this is the maximum you can run w/o tuning. We also added features to increase flow at partial throttle, which is what most folks enjoy the most.

For those willing to tune, we are working on the 80mm right now plus the Adapter kit you'll need. We'll take it up to 84mm at WOT plus all the other features of our TB's at partial throttle.

Not sure which company that is, but we have seen a straight bore adapter + a plain/stock 80mm being sold out there for that much.

We think our 84mm product (Adapter kit included) will be very competitive at that price point regardless.

Thanks!
I appreciate the response! And it’s Overkill Motorsports. But I’m not gonna lie, you lost me with the third paragraph haha. I guess I don’t know the vernacular to differentiate your style TB vs the competition’s.

Thanks!
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
Old 04-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #40
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
I appreciate the response! And it’s Overkill Motorsports. But I’m not gonna lie, you lost me with the third paragraph haha. I guess I don’t know the vernacular to differentiate your style TB vs the competition’s.

Thanks!
Easy, if you don't see these features there is still work to do, not ours.

Entry bore lip --> Thick and Square vs. Bellmouth
Home position lip --> Existing vs. Removed
Nozzle (blade/body) --> Non-existent vs. Added
Half-shaft High-Press. --> Existing vs. Removed
Surface Fisnish --> Cast vs. Machined and Polished
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #41
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Easy, if you don't see these features there is still work to do, not ours.

Entry bore lip --> Thick and Square vs. Bellmouth
Home position lip --> Existing vs. Removed
Nozzle (blade/body) --> Non-existent vs. Added
Half-shaft High-Press. --> Existing vs. Removed
Surface Fisnish --> Cast vs. Machined and Polished
Wow thanks for that very detailed response! And last question (I think lol): the 80/84mm unit y’all are working on, is that gonna be offered as only a new unit or can the original TB be made into that sizing? Thanks again!
Old 04-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #42
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Wow thanks for that very detailed response! And last question (I think lol): the 80/84mm unit y’all are working on, is that gonna be offered as only a new unit or can the original TB be made into that sizing? Thanks again!
Very welcome, dgriff. New unit or if you happen to have a stock 80mm we can rework it to 84mm + the other features.

The original 72mm can't be modified that much.

Thanks,