Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 11-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #4369
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True, the hard part is after you linked those articles it went on for about 15 pages debating top speed lol

Very early in this thread I said the Track pack would still be formidable on the strip, but it was pretty clear the focus for the track pack was on the track.
I will repeat. Not one person said the Base GT500 would be faster than the CF GT500 in anything before the testing came out. If you knew or thought you knew then you kept it to yourself out of caution. If anyone else knew or thought they knew then they kept it to themself as well. That is the most I will give you and that is being generous. Your statement does not indicate that you knew one way or another which would be faster in the quarter mile. All the talk here led to the idea that the more expensive, lighter, and CF equipped version would outperform the Base version in every way. I brought it up plenty of times as well as others. The only time you directly said it was after the fact. You can search or not. I don't care. But I do not remember one person ever directly saying or giving any statement to the idea that the base would be faster in the quarter mile.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #4370
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I will repeat. Not one person said the Base GT500 would be faster than the CF GT500 in anything before the testing came out. If you knew or thought you knew then you kept it to yourself out of caution. If anyone else knew or thought they knew then they kept it to themself as well. That is the most I will give you and that is being generous. Your statement does not indicate that you knew one way or another which would be faster in the quarter mile. All the talk here led to the idea that the more expensive, lighter, and CF equipped version would outperform the Base version in every way. I brought it up plenty of times as well as others. The only time you directly said it was after the fact. You can search or not. I don't care. But I do not remember one person ever directly saying or giving any statement to the idea that the base would be faster in the quarter mile.
Here is one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I was definitely being sarcastic.

My own opinions, as worthless as they may be...

Optionless- 67,xxx
Runs with standard ZL1 on track, maybe faster on longer less technical tracks, and sneaks into 10.69x@132+ at the strip

Track/Carbon Package- 80,000
Runs faster than 1LE on tracks of all shapes and sizes, maybe a hair slower than the base model at the strip, but definitely still sub-11s

Before Ford stated all cars were DCT and Magic-suspension, I was expecting a 64-65k base price.

I just can’t see Ford significantly outpricing the market, and Fords previous Shelby entries have came in way under what everyone said they “had to”
Whether we missed it or not, Ford put it out there back in March that the base car would be the fastest in a straightline

I knew I would find it eventually, these are from back in late april early may

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
This video gives a good explanation of GT500. 1:43 in starts with 1/4 mile "king" entry level GT500 and the Carbon Fiber Track Package version being the Road Course hero. Just after that, they give their current reasoning behind not giving a current/final horsepower figure. You also have to remember the drama that was the '99 Mustang SVT Cobra and its false HP figures. I remember when I was a Mazda Tech during the time that the RX-8 came out. They advertised something like 250 hp and then after the final emissions calibration was done on the car, it ended up being 238 hp. So to make up for it, they offered people three options. Either they could opt for free maintenance (til the warranty was up), There was something with $500 gift cards for service/parts/apparel etc, I forgot the second option and #3 was that they would just completely buy the car back. I'm sure Ford would like to avoid lawsuits over false HP advertising and paying out for "sorry we screwed up" with free maintenance or buy backs etc. Best to just wait til they have everything sorted out and then give the final figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Maybe you're right, who knows, but the GT500 has never been a track car.

For the previous 2013 GT500, the Boss 302 was the track car and the GT500 was the monster & 1/4 mile car (I owned a 2013 GT500).

Historically and more recently the GT350 was the track car.
I believe this GT500 will attempt to be more track capable than the previous GT500s but at 4200lbs I don't believe the GT500 will be a great track car. I have no concerns about it being a better track car than my ZL1 1LE but it will likely be a better 1/4 mile car.

Just my guesses
Quote:
Did you check out the video I posted further back? It was stated in there that the CF Track Package equipped one is designed to be an all out track star. They have been seen in the past bench marking the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE.
As far as the ADM's, I'm certain at minimum you will see all of that $20k from the GT350's and then some. Just nuts what the dealers will try to get away with and what people are willing to pay too!
Quote:
And the ZL1 historically was a drag car lol.

I think the "base" GT500 is the drag car option because it doesn't have nay extreme aero that would slow it down.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 11-05-2019 at 12:30 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #4371
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
True, the hard part is after you linked those articles it went on for about 15 pages debating top speed lol

Very early in this thread I said the Track pack would still be formidable on the strip, but it was pretty clear the focus for the track pack was on the track.

This was also before the ZLE A10 announcement. IF you go back through the early pages of this thread everyone talking 1/4 times is comparing GT500 and ZL1 and once we knew there were two versions, we got guesses that the base GT500 would beat ZL1 1/4 and teh CFTP would try to chase down the ZLE track times. So if you want to call it a wash go ahead. Like I said, I am not gonna back through 300+ pages

72Mach was the only one I saw while glancing over that said teh base would be faster

My point still stands though, the information that the base was the straightline car has been out there since March. If you go back and look when people were talking 1/4 no one was really talking about the CFTP being the 1/4 car except you. I don't recall seeing any one say that the CFTP would be the faster 1/4 car

This thread has gone off topic so many times. There was talk about two versions, the GT PP1 tests, the PP2 failure, the GT350 and R made it back into this thread, tons of pages on the C8. I can't even find where people made predictions once actual numbers came out before testing lol.
I'm always part of the pp2 and pp1 off topic discussions.. guilty! Lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #4372
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Whether we missed it or not, Ford put it out there back in March that the base car would be the fastest in a straightline
I'm not talking about what Ford said. I'm talking about what was said here by people here when we were having the discussions.

And in your comment you said you "think" that it would be faster. If you knew it then you would have posted those quotes from the articles that you're posting now. The very fact that you had to make that comment in the first place proves that the general idea was that the CF version would be faster.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #4373
shaffe

Quote:
I'm not talking about what Ford said. I'm talking about what was said here by people here when we were having the discussions.

And in your comment you said you "think" that it would be faster. If you knew it then you would have posted those quotes from the articles that you're posting now. The very fact that you had to make that comment in the first place proves that the general idea was that the CF version would be faster.
Found the posts I was looking for, these are from late april/early may

Here is one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I was definitely being sarcastic.

My own opinions, as worthless as they may be...

Optionless- 67,xxx
Runs with standard ZL1 on track, maybe faster on longer less technical tracks, and sneaks into 10.69x@132+ at the strip

Track/Carbon Package- 80,000
Runs faster than 1LE on tracks of all shapes and sizes, maybe a hair slower than the base model at the strip, but definitely still sub-11s

Before Ford stated all cars were DCT and Magic-suspension, I was expecting a 64-65k base price.

I just can’t see Ford significantly outpricing the market, and Fords previous Shelby entries have came in way under what everyone said they “had to”

Quote:
This video gives a good explanation of GT500. 1:43 in starts with 1/4 mile "king" entry level GT500 and the Carbon Fiber Track Package version being the Road Course hero. Just after that, they give their current reasoning behind not giving a current/final horsepower figure. You also have to remember the drama that was the '99 Mustang SVT Cobra and its false HP figures. I remember when I was a Mazda Tech during the time that the RX-8 came out. They advertised something like 250 hp and then after the final emissions calibration was done on the car, it ended up being 238 hp. So to make up for it, they offered people three options. Either they could opt for free maintenance (til the warranty was up), There was something with $500 gift cards for service/parts/apparel etc, I forgot the second option and #3 was that they would just completely buy the car back. I'm sure Ford would like to avoid lawsuits over false HP advertising and paying out for "sorry we screwed up" with free maintenance or buy backs etc. Best to just wait til they have everything sorted out and then give the final figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Maybe you're right, who knows, but the GT500 has never been a track car.

For the previous 2013 GT500, the Boss 302 was the track car and the GT500 was the monster & 1/4 mile car (I owned a 2013 GT500).

Historically and more recently the GT350 was the track car.
I believe this GT500 will attempt to be more track capable than the previous GT500s but at 4200lbs I don't believe the GT500 will be a great track car. I have no concerns about it being a better track car than my ZL1 1LE but it will likely be a better 1/4 mile car.

Just my guesses
Quote:
Did you check out the video I posted further back? It was stated in there that the CF Track Package equipped one is designed to be an all out track star. They have been seen in the past bench marking the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE.
As far as the ADM's, I'm certain at minimum you will see all of that $20k from the GT350's and then some. Just nuts what the dealers will try to get away with and what people are willing to pay too!
Quote:
And the ZL1 historically was a drag car lol.

I think the "base" GT500 is the drag car option because it doesn't have nay extreme aero that would slow it down.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 11-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #4374
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Blaq would never say he is wrong
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #4375
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Found the posts I was looking for, these are from late april/early may

Here is one lol
First quote from 72Mach1 I'll give you despite him saying that it would "maybe" be slower.

The rest of the posts were not in this thread. They weren't even in this subforum. And I was definitely not in that conversation. And in those posts. GrimReaper says the Base is for quarter mile and the CF is for track. And there is no other mention that it would be faster or slower. Not even from you. At best you said the Base would be the drag option. My point is that you're making it sound like it was common knowledge that the Base would be faster in the quarter mile. Now again, maybe you did know or maybe others knew. But it wasn't common knowledge and there was only one time in this thread where someone said the Base might be faster and that was back in January.

And if by chance I did mistakenly think the CF should be faster then I guess it is my fault for thinking that a Mustang that costs $20K more and weighs over 100 pounds less and has CF up it's ass would actually be faster. I should have known better since this is Ford we're talking about...where the more money you spend just means you get a slower car. My mistake.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #4376
shaffe

Quote:
First quote from 72Mach1 I'll give you despite him saying that it would "maybe" be slower.

The rest of the posts were not in this thread. They weren't even in this subforum. And I was definitely not in that conversation. And in those posts. GrimReaper says the Base is for quarter mile and the CF is for track. And there is no other mention that it would be faster or slower. Not even from you. At best you said the Base would be the drag option. My point is that you're making it sound like it was common knowledge that the Base would be faster in the quarter mile. Now again, maybe you did know or maybe others knew. But it wasn't common knowledge and there was only one time in this thread where someone said the Base might be faster and that was back in January.

And if by chance I did mistakenly think the CF should be faster then I guess it is my fault for thinking that a Mustang that costs $20K more and weighs over 100 pounds less and has CF up it's ass would actually be faster. I should have known better since this is Ford we're talking about...where the more money you spend just means you get a slower car. My mistake.
Maybe it wasn't as common as I thought but it was definitely out there on this site. I was just glad I was able to find where other people were talking about it or I would have felt like a crazy person lol. But it was on this site, might have been in different threads since there are so many on the GT500, but it was also in magazines(and again in articles you directly linked and pulled quotes from. And you were the first one in this thread to link the C&D article about the top speed where it also mentions PER FORD that the base car has the goal of being fastest in a straightline. So you either overlooked it because you got so hung up on the top speed being limited or chose to ignore it because it won't fit your argument that the only 94K GT500 is capable of said times), online and on videos that the base car was the better choice for the 1/4 going back to March of this year, June of this year and now when testing.

Just for reference, video was from March of this year

1:43
Old 11-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #4377
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I’ll take my single win and walk haha
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:17 PM   #4378
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't as common as I thought but it was definitely out there on this site. I was just glad I was able to find where other people were talking about it or I would have felt like a crazy person lol. But it was on this site, might have been in different threads since there are so many on the GT500, but it was also in magazines(and again in articles you directly linked and pulled quotes from. And you were the first one in this thread to link the C&D article about the top speed where it also mentions PER FORD that the base car has the goal of being fastest in a straightline. So you either overlooked it because you got so hung up on the top speed being limited or chose to ignore it because it won't fit your argument that the only 94K GT500 is capable of said times), online and on videos that the base car was the better choice for the 1/4 going back to March of this year, June of this year and now when testing.
In my defense, I quoted those articles with the focus being on the top speed or whatever I was talking about. My focus was not on which one would be faster between the base and CF. But fair enough. I obviously was mistaken in thinking that if you pay an extra $20K then you should have the faster car...except maybe in top sto aero. That would be the only exception I could let slide. I don't think it is logical to spend that much extra money and not be faster in the quarter mile. When you look at it then, that would mean that in testing the CF version might be less than 2 tenths faster than the A10 ZLE if at all. And if it doesn't beat the ZLE around a track then that extra $20K is for nothing.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:12 AM   #4379
shaffe

Quote:
In my defense, I quoted those articles with the focus being on the top speed or whatever I was talking about. My focus was not on which one would be faster between the base and CF. But fair enough. I obviously was mistaken in thinking that if you pay an extra $20K then you should have the faster car...except maybe in top sto aero. That would be the only exception I could let slide. I don't think it is logical to spend that much extra money and not be faster in the quarter mile. When you look at it then, that would mean that in testing the CF version might be less than 2 tenths faster than the A10 ZLE if at all. And if it doesn't beat the ZLE around a track then that extra $20K is for nothing.
All good sir, all I was trying to say was it was out there months ago that the base car would be the ideal 1/4 car.

I don't remember you being up in arms when there was no A10ZLE that the base A10 ZL1 was faster in the quarter mile than the $7500 1LE package. By your logic, if it's the most expensive it should be faster period regardless of it's all set up for something else.

I agree, the CFTP had better perform and better perform well for the price they are asking. To me it needs to handily beat the ZLE to be considered a win for what it costs, it's an option package that costs as much as an econobox car....that's freaking insane to me. It better perform

Also FWIW when searching for posts I came across a ton of posts by me saying no way the GT500 gets near 100K msrp.....guess someone should cook me up some crow!
Old 11-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #4380
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
All good sir, all I was trying to say was it was out there months ago that the base car would be the ideal 1/4 car.

I don't remember you being up in arms when there was no A10ZLE that the base A10 ZL1 was faster in the quarter mile than the $7500 1LE package. By your logic, if it's the most expensive it should be faster period regardless of it's all set up for something else.

I agree, the CFTP had better perform and better perform well for the price they are asking. To me it needs to handily beat the ZLE to be considered a win for what it costs, it's an option package that costs as much as an econobox car....that's freaking insane to me. It better perform

Also FWIW when searching for posts I came across a ton of posts by me saying no way the GT500 gets near 100K msrp.....guess someone should cook me up some crow!
At the time the m6 1le was claimed to be quicker than the m6 zl1... but your point still stands, not the quickest in the line up vs the a10.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #4381
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:

Good post.

Is there a test of the A10 ZLE vs ZL1 1/4? Curious to see the difference...though the GoodYears likely hold the ZLE back.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #4382
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Since what happens in Vegas is definitely not staying in Vegas, how 'bout this one.... your Mustang GT + $51k gets you......the 2020 Jack Rouch Edition 775 hp, 670 lb-ft, awesome wheels.
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...-photos-specs/
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote