Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #2297
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Damn, what did you pay for yours?
MSRP on mine was $70K. I got $3K off in rebates tho. So it was $67K.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #2298
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
MSRP on mine was $70K. I got $3K off in rebates tho. So it was $67K.
Ah... yeah mine was just shy of 68k...but I didn't pay anything near that..
Old 05-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #2299
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ah... yeah mine was just shy of 68k...but I didn't pay anything near that..
You're lucky. I still feel like I got a really good deal for the performance and all the options. But a little more off would have been nice of course.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #2300
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
You're lucky. I still feel like I got a really good deal for the performance and all the options. But a little more off would have been nice of course.
Nah, I just worked my ass to find a good deal. Mine was an 18 that hadnt even hit the dealership yet... I've had it for about 18 months now and I owe less than 39k on it..
Old 05-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #2301
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nah, I just worked my ass to find a good deal. Mine was an 18 that hadnt even hit the dealership yet... I've had it for about 18 months now and I owe less than 39k on it..
You got a hell of a deal for what I consider to be the best performance per dollar value ever. Unfortunately there were no deals when I got mine. Well aside from rebates that is. It always sucks being one of the first to buy a new car. Back in 2016 there were people buying the 2SS for mid $50K. And I remember you couldn't touch a 3LZ Z06 for less than $110K. And now you can get a new 3LZ Z06 way less than $100K. And look at what the ZL1s are going for. Mid $50K for a brand new one. I never thought I'd see that. Depreciation and lower value sure is a MFer...

But that is why it remains true that the buyer sets the market. Not the dealerships. And that is why I'll never pay a markup. No way.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:04 AM   #2302
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
You got a hell of a deal for what I consider to be the best performance per dollar value ever. Unfortunately there were no deals when I got mine. Well aside from rebates that is. It always sucks being one of the first to buy a new car. Back in 2016 there were people buying the 2SS for mid $50K. And I remember you couldn't touch a 3LZ Z06 for less than $110K. And now you can get a new 3LZ Z06 way less than $100K. And look at what the ZL1s are going for. Mid $50K for a brand new one. I never thought I'd see that. Depreciation and lower value sure is a MFer...

But that is why it remains true that the buyer sets the market. Not the dealerships. And that is why I'll never pay a markup. No way.
I have been working the phones and keyboard here and I don't think mid 50s is possible for anything other than a leftover M6 car, there are several new 2019 A10 well optioned out there for 59-62k, and the one 2018 for 58k. It is pretty bad that the brand new 2019 models are being discounted this much already. This is the reason I am not jumping into the 18 for anything more than 55k. Have to buy the discounts.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:18 AM   #2303
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I have been working the phones and keyboard here and I don't think mid 50s is possible for anything other than a leftover M6 car, there are several new 2019 A10 well optioned out there for 59-62k, and the one 2018 for 58k. It is pretty bad that the brand new 2019 models are being discounted this much already. This is the reason I am not jumping into the 18 for anything more than 55k. Have to buy the discounts.
What options are they coming with tho? Remember, the ZL1 comes with a lot of things as standard. The only options would be PDR, Nav, A10, CF hood insert, premium colors, battery tender, car cover, stuff like that. They come standard with heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and other things. SO taking that into consideration it isn't really much of a discount since MSRP on them is about $63K. I would not get a M6 but if you can get the A10 with no additional add-ons for $55K-$58K then that is a steal.

I think one of the problems why they aren't selling...and perhaps why we saw a downward trend in Camaro sales altogether...is because of the C8 Vette. Check out this article:
https://carbuzz.com/news/c8-corvette...-for-chevrolet

If this is true, then that might have added to why sales have been low. Lots of prospective buyers are waiting for the C8. And it doesn't look like GM offered up any incentives to keep people interested in buying the current stuff. There is a YT video claiming a 530 HP base C8 Vette. Although I do not believe YT videos at all I can still see that the upcoming Vette will be the hot item. Also across the board I think lots of would be buyers are spread out over Redeyes, ZL1s, Hellcats, the upcoming GT500 and C8, etc. So what I'm thinking is that the ZL1 is going to be an attractive upgrade for SS and GT folk. That is considering the GT500 is well out of reach for some as well as the other competitors. Now might be the time to grab a ZL1. Or perhaps next year once the GT500 and C8 both are available. I imagine GT350, GT350R, ZL1, ZLE, Hellcat, and C7 Z06 prices will drop.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #2304
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
.......I think one of the problems why they aren't selling...and perhaps why we saw a downward trend in Camaro sales altogether...is because of the C8 Vette. Check out this article:
https://carbuzz.com/news/c8-corvette...-for-chevrolet

I think this would only apply to ZL1 / ZLE potential buyers. Maybe a few SS buyers. Most SS buyers and 4 & 6 cylinder buyers wouldn’t have a dog in this fight. So we’re talking somewhere around 15 - 20% of Camaro buyers. A small percentage of a small number. No doubt it is impacting C7 sales, though. If I were in the market for a Corvette I’d be waiting.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #2305
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I think this would only apply to ZL1 / ZLE potential buyers. Maybe a few SS buyers. Most SS buyers and 4 & 6 cylinder buyers wouldn’t have a dog in this fight. So we’re talking somewhere around 15 - 20% of Camaro buyers. A small percentage of a small number. No doubt it is impacting C7 sales, though. If I were in the market for a Corvette I’d be waiting.
I mentioned the SS because I remember lots of them fully loaded were in the mid $50K range which was just a few thousand off from a 1LT Stingray. I knew a few people who had trouble deciding on which way to go. So I do think there are lots of higher tier SS buyers who might spring the extra cash for a C8. Even if they chose the SS over a base C7 I do think some will switch over for the C8. Which isn't necessarily a good thing for the Camaro. But it is a good thing for the Vette and GM altogether and shows how desirable the C8s will be.

As of right now knowing the C8 will be available next year puts me in a bind. There are soo many options out there now and I have no idea which way I'll go. Even a leftover C7 ZR1 at a discounted price would be a good option. My dealership buddy texted me that they have one at $140K. I'm not gonna buy it...but if next year I can get one with full options at around $110K or less then it might be an option. Of course there's the RE option as well. Or do I wait for the 7th Gen Camaro? GTR? M5? What to do??

I also heard a rumor that the C8 Vette will actually be 530 HP for the base. Which means if they continue the trend they've been on then the 7th Gen SS will have 530 HP as well. Craziness!!!

Lastly...for everyone's viewing pleasure...the other day I was in my X5 on my way to the gym and I spotted what I thought was another Hellcat. I did a quick u-turn and pulled into the lot to see and it was a Redeye. So I chatted for a few seconds and told the guy I have a Hellcat. I went right back home, picked up the Hellcat, and drove back to the spot to get some pics with the RE. Man the RE indeed is a nice looking vehicle. It really makes the standard Hellcat look like less of an automobile if that is even possible. The intake on the RE is HUGE. I mean, HUGE! But the thing costs mid $80K when optioned like my Hellcat is. That is a bit steep for a one-trick pony. But after seeing one in person I think I'm leaning closer towards one. Plus there are rumors that FCA will have lease options for the RE next year. CHeck out these pics!!
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #2306
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Hell yea, I’d drive that.

I’d prefer one in manual, but I think I could survive.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #2307
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
man that color on that RE is awesome
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #2308
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
man that color on that RE is awesome
Destroyer Grey is one of the most popular colors in the Mopar Hill
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #2309
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I can see why that color is bad ass!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #2310
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I mentioned the SS because I remember lots of them fully loaded were in the mid $50K range which was just a few thousand off from a 1LT Stingray. I knew a few people who had trouble deciding on which way to go. So I do think there are lots of higher tier SS buyers who might spring the extra cash for a C8. Even if they chose the SS over a base C7 I do think some will switch over for the C8. Which isn't necessarily a good thing for the Camaro. But it is a good thing for the Vette and GM altogether and shows how desirable the C8s will be.

As of right now knowing the C8 will be available next year puts me in a bind. There are soo many options out there now and I have no idea which way I'll go. Even a leftover C7 ZR1 at a discounted price would be a good option. My dealership buddy texted me that they have one at $140K. I'm not gonna buy it...but if next year I can get one with full options at around $110K or less then it might be an option. Of course there's the RE option as well. Or do I wait for the 7th Gen Camaro? GTR? M5? What to do??

I also heard a rumor that the C8 Vette will actually be 530 HP for the base. Which means if they continue the trend they've been on then the 7th Gen SS will have 530 HP as well. Craziness!!!

Lastly...for everyone's viewing pleasure...the other day I was in my X5 on my way to the gym and I spotted what I thought was another Hellcat. I did a quick u-turn and pulled into the lot to see and it was a Redeye. So I chatted for a few seconds and told the guy I have a Hellcat. I went right back home, picked up the Hellcat, and drove back to the spot to get some pics with the RE. Man the RE indeed is a nice looking vehicle. It really makes the standard Hellcat look like less of an automobile if that is even possible. The intake on the RE is HUGE. I mean, HUGE! But the thing costs mid $80K when optioned like my Hellcat is. That is a bit steep for a one-trick pony. But after seeing one in person I think I'm leaning closer towards one. Plus there are rumors that FCA will have lease options for the RE next year. CHeck out these pics!!
Based on GM's history 530 hp would be a little high. They've typically bumped base Corvette hp by 25-50 each new gen. C4 300 hp (w/LT1), C5 350 hp, C6 400 hp but 430 hp by 2013, C7 455 hp (only a 25 hp increase over the '13), I'd expect C8 to come in around 480-500 based on that history. I'd be really impressed and a little bit surprised if the base C8 engine is 530 hp.

And yes that RE is sick looking.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote