Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #141
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
How can they price it less than a GT350 which starts around $59k which is a little cheaper than a ZL1 ($61K)?

I think a GT500 will be at least more than GT350R ($67K) so probably won't be less than $70k to start.
With the level of performance the GT500 will give, I expect it to price similar to the Redeye Wide Body at $78,745.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #142
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Here's my theory: It's going to have a base price north of $70k NO MATTER WHAT, it will almost certainly be faster in the 1/4 than a ZL1 but I doubt it will beat the Demon (aka the claimed time that nobody has been able to match), and even if they do an R version to compete with the ZL1 1LE I highly doubt it will be faster (and if it is it will overheat after like 3 laps lol).

But the real important thing is even if it blows the Z and the Demon out of the water it won't matter cuz they are going to MSRP at $70-80k with $25-50k markups so it won't be worth it for a few years and by then the 7th Gen ZL1 will probably be out and it will destroy it.

Prove me wrong! lol
Old 01-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #143
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So can we get back to the GT500 now? What features will it have that might make it worth the MSRP and markups?
That is the question and we will find out in one short week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Probably several reasons it took so long.

First, to appease some of you, maybe someone in Ford wasn’t pleased with the performance that the GT500 was setting, so it was delayed a bit... The last time Ford delayed an SVT Mustang in 2002, a monster showed up in ‘03.

Second, it’s possible that Ford never intended an early S550 release.

Third, some people within the reliable rumor circle have suggested that the project was somewhere near the chopping block at some point during development. If the team was spent time unsure if the project was even alive, I can understand some delay.

Fords management has been a Circle Jerk for quite awhile, so it’s hard to tell what was going on behind the scenes.

I fully expect this car to surprise a lot of people. Will it run 10.0s, outperform a ZL1-1LE, and get better fuel mileage than a Hybrid all while being oriced at 50,000 dollars? I doubt it, and I’m sure that will fuel plenty of hate.

But expect a car that performs with all the big performers minus a track-prepped 9.65 Demon.
As I have said many times, I think it depends on if they offer one model or two. What I expect is the "base" GT500 to split the difference between the ZL1 and ZLE. I expect it to be fast in all the stat box metrics and split the difference lap time wise between the two with an MSRP somehwere in the middle as well.

Quote:
They had 6 MYs to build the thing. There were test mules out back in 2015. Look at what GM did with a 1 year hiatus. So you guys can't say what took Ford all these years to come up with something, yet you wanna discount that it could have been that the S550 had soo many problems that they were spread too thin and the GT500 was a rush job, yet another comment you're saying that the GT500 will surprise a lot of people, but my expectations are too much? LOL!! Sounds like more excuses if you ask me.

And for the record, I said the price of it will be over $70K MSRP and you won't get one at MSRP at all. I never said it'll come in under standard ZL1 pricing. I fully expect it to be more expensive than the Redeye and that isn't even considering the markups.

So yes it will be a failure in my book. There will be a huge variance between what you're gonna pay for one and what it'll actually do. I think a lot of people will be disappointed. 6 years since the last one, 5 years in development, what, do you think it should just squeak by the ZL1 that had only a 1 year hiatus and has been unchanged since what will end up being 4 MYs before the GT500 gets released????
The only break I give the GT500 vs ZL1 in development is the LT4 was going to go into 3 different vehicles, with the Corvette at the head of the pack so you knew that was going to be ready. now should it have taken ford this long, hell no it shouldn't have.

It wasn't going to matter to Chevrolet if Ford got the GT500 out first and it had 700+ HP 10 second 1/4 miles, and super fast lap times the ZL1 was going to get the LT4 regardless because that is what was available in the parts bin. Now if you follow some rumors of the GT500, there was rumors they tried going tubos, DCT, before now it looks like supercharged 5.2 and A10. maybe they got over ambitious or maybe what they had instore simply wasn't good enough once the Alpha Camaro's hit the road and they had to go back to the drawing board.

At the end of the day you are correct, it should NOT have taken this long for the GT500 to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
How can they price it less than a GT350 which starts around $59k which is a little cheaper than a ZL1 ($61K)?

I think a GT500 will be at least more than GT350R ($67K) so probably won't be less than $70k to start.
I am expecting a "base" GT500 to start somewhere around 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
With the level of performance the GT500 will give, I expect it to price similar to the Redeye Wide Body at $78,745.
I think it will be closer to 70 than 80. Ford put the 350R out at 63K to the Z/28's 76K I think they know what this car needs to MSRP for in regards to competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Here's my theory: It's going to have a base price north of $70k NO MATTER WHAT, it will almost certainly be faster in the 1/4 than a ZL1 but I doubt it will beat the Demon (aka the claimed time that nobody has been able to match), and even if they do an R version to compete with the ZL1 1LE I highly doubt it will be faster (and if it is it will overheat after like 3 laps lol).

But the real important thing is even if it blows the Z and the Demon out of the water it won't matter cuz they are going to MSRP at $70-80k with $25-50k markups so it won't be worth it for a few years and by then the 7th Gen ZL1 will probably be out and it will destroy it.

Prove me wrong! lol
I doubt it will beat the demon, and I am not sure they can beat the ZLE. That's a tall order. All depends on what route they went. We will find out in a week
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #144
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
We won’t find out in a week. I think they’ll announce ballpark HP numbers, but nothing specific. Others say that Ford won’t even go that far.

And there’s zero chance Ford comes out and says it’s capable of “x” time at some track or dragstrip. Never has been a Ford thing to say it’ll do this or that.

MSRPs probably won’t even be released on the 14th.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #145
shaffe

Quote:
We won’t find out in a week. I think they’ll announce ballpark HP numbers, but nothing specific. Others say that Ford won’t even go that far.

And there’s zero chance Ford comes out and says it’s capable of “x” time at some track or dragstrip. Never has been a Ford thing to say it’ll do this or that.

MSRPs probably won’t even be released on the 14th.
That is also true, we should find out at least what direction they went with the car
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 01-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #146
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That is also true, we should find out at least what direction they went with the car
"Supercharged 5.2L over 700 horsepower" is what I am betting is all they say.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #147
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
750 horses guys ....
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #148
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
"Supercharged 5.2L over 700 horsepower" is what I am betting is all they say.
Which is basically what they have said already. I will be disappointed if they don't offer more information than that
Old 01-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #149
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
So at the MSRP that we all are assuming it will have, and with the HP numbers we all think it will have, and with the amount of time it took Ford to get this thing out already, my question is will it's performance justify all this and be worth it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #150
shaffe

Quote:
So at the MSRP that we all are assuming it will have, and with the HP numbers we all think it will have, and with the amount of time it took Ford to get this thing out already, my question is will it's performance justify all this and be worth it?
To me personally, I think if it does as I have guessed: splits performance between ZL1 and ZLE with a MSRP that splits it then yes I think it will be worth the MSRP.

The time it took to get it out is disappointing, but to me at least doesn't take away from it if it performs like above.

NOW

I will say there are definitely scenarios where I would say it's not worth it. I need more information to see what direction they went with the car.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #151
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I still expect to see a base GT500 with a 6sp that comes in well below $70,000 (64/65) and an automatic equipped model right at 70K.

Performance/Track/R/Magic Model probably starting in the 72/73 range going up quickly from there.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #152
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
To me personally, I think if it does as I have guessed: splits performance between ZL1 and ZLE with a MSRP that splits it then yes I think it will be worth the MSRP.

The time it took to get it out is disappointing, but to me at least doesn't take away from it if it performs like above.

NOW

I will say there are definitely scenarios where I would say it's not worth it. I need more information to see what direction they went with the car.
The same can be said of the ZL1 over the 1LE is the increased in performance worth the price tag? The car will be a success or failure based on how it sells whether we agree or not. If Ford is forced to drop the price immediately in order to move the car we will have the answer.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #153
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
I still expect to see a base GT500 with a 6sp that comes in well below $70,000 (64/65) and an automatic equipped model right at 70K.

Performance/Track/R/Magic Model probably starting in the 72/73 range going up quickly from there.
I think this is extremely optimistic, though not impossible. I stand by my assumption of base price of at least $70k, if they want to beat the ZL1 (in my mind the car is completely pointless if it doesn't at least beat the ZL1 in the 1/4) and at least be close to the demon at the strip it's going to be VERY expensive. And if they do a "track" version the price jump from base model to that will probably be a lot, as in more than the difference between the GT350/GT350R.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #154
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Maybe. It needs to be fully optioned. I dont want to have to choose between a tech pack, track pack, or any other "pack". It also needs to run high 10s like the Redeye OR track like a ZLE. Not realistic for it to do both. With ADM included no not worth it.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote