Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Harry’s Lap Timer & MPVI2?

Hey guys, Can Harry’s app communicate with the mpvi2? The petrolhead or grand prix versions?

Preparing for my first track event, and trying to get all squared away. For a first timer, I suspect Harry’s stand alone will record all I need. Just thought I’d try to use this hpt piece for something other than tuning if possible. Would be neat to see gear, Rpm, throttle position, etc
Thanks

Also, apologies if I missed this in the search
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
I can't speak to Harry's but I read that it gives access to "enhanced" data with Track Addict (which I use). I'm planning on buying an MPVI2 this winter to use next year at the track and get access to more data. I currently use an OBDLINK MX+ but it keeps causing CanBus errors with the cars computers and sets the SEL every couple of sessions. Kind of nerving seeing stabilitrac warnings, etc when you're getting ready to push the car through turns, straights, etc.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
I can't speak to Harry's but I read that it gives access to "enhanced" data with Track Addict (which I use). I'm planning on buying an MPVI2 this winter to use next year at the track and get access to more data. I currently use an OBDLINK MX+ but it keeps causing CanBus errors with the cars computers and sets the SEL every couple of sessions. Kind of nerving seeing stabilitrac warnings, etc when you're getting ready to push the car through turns, straights, etc.
Thanks for the reply and info. I've since determined that the MPVI2 is not compatible with harry's. When scanning, it simply doesn't see it. harry's does list some that are compatible. I was trying a long shot.... I should have noted i have an iOS phone, which already doesn't like hpt.
I have the free version of track addict as well, and might try to use it, with the mpvi2. Guess it will be whichever one i figure out before the actual track day, lol.
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10905 View Post
Thanks for the reply and info. I've since determined that the MPVI2 is not compatible with harry's. When scanning, it simply doesn't see it. harry's does list some that are compatible. I was trying a long shot.... I should have noted i have an iOS phone, which already doesn't like hpt.
I have the free version of track addict as well, and might try to use it, with the mpvi2. Guess it will be whichever one i figure out before the actual track day, lol.
I've never used Harry's but I can say that TA is pretty decent, easy to setup. I do want to see how the MPVI2 works with TA so if you go with TA let me know if you can get access to the "Enhanced" parameters.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote