Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
Install Question Diode Dynamics LED sidemarkers

Spent some time yesterday installing some new items on my 2017 Camaro. One was LED sidemarkers from Diode Dynamics. There are several videos and threads as well as instructions with the kit. Only had one surprise, when I clicked the unlock button to test, it did not light. Reversed polarity as instructed, did not light. Tried another, did not light. Put original sidemarker back did not light. Finally realized my sidemarkers do not come on with the FOB, only the headlight and rear turn signals did. I have to turn on the headlights or have running lights on for sidemarkers to light. Reinstalled new LED lights and they work fine that way, and polarity did not matter, they light up both ways. Everything looks and works fine (at least the same as the original markers did). Did something change in 2017, I saw no one well else referencing this difference.
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I leave my lights on "Auto" and both front and rear sidemarkers light up when unlocking the car.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #3
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
I leave my lights on "Auto" and both front and rear sidemarkers light up when unlocking the car.
Mine is usually left on Auto as well, I'll have to check it tonight. Maybe it was inadvertently switched off.
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
ShadySS

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS
There's an option in the my link settings to have the lights turn on with the unlock button, I think it's "locator lights" check if it's off
ShadySS is offline   Reply With Quote