Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #15
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiliesSS View Post
I know what you mean about the throttle body cams, but those adjust the throw of the blade in response to the peddle position vs these cars torque request are a bases off of rpm and vehicle speed regardless of how far your into the pedal the computer will regulate how much torque to allow you to have based on conditions and progress from there. The throttle bodies as long as you pushed the peddle to the floor fast enough you got it all right then, the modes on these with torque mapping waits till the engine hits a certain rpm, and ofcourse this is all being said that you are engaged in drive or gear otherwise it would give it all at once even with track mode if you dump the clutch at wot obviously
Obviously the details of operation are different. But the bottom line matter of how much response at what rpm range is at least analogous. Yes, I know that more can be done electronically once rates of pedal movement are considered.

I still think 'Track Mode' has more of a road course flavor because low end response doesn't have much meaning for the out lap at HPDE or TT, or for a rolling start in W2W racing.

If you're a drag racer, you'll launch in 'Track Mode' in much the same way you would have with a big carb/single plane intake/big cam and its torque sacrifices in the lower rpm ranges. For the same reason.

Norm
Old 11-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #16
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Obviously the details of operation are different. But the bottom line matter of how much response at what rpm range is at least analogous. Yes, I know that more can be done electronically once rates of pedal movement are considered.

I still think 'Track Mode' has more of a road course flavor because low end response doesn't have much meaning for the out lap at HPDE or TT, or for a rolling start in W2W racing.

If you're a drag racer, you'll launch in 'Track Mode' in much the same way you would have with a big carb/single plane intake/big cam and its torque sacrifices in the lower rpm ranges. For the same reason.

Norm
Correct, and these cars are setup for road course more so than drag, but I could use full control at the bottom end on drag racing to get better times, I know I can hook with it with a harder launch and take advantage of it, before having to add a controller or tune, just a discussion, that helps also with those who believe they were doing themselves a favor at the strip with sport mode and didn't realise they loose some linear throttle up top where it could make the biggest difference.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:33 AM   #17
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Does this explain why in sport mode at WOT that if you let up even the slightest it seems power just falls off bigtime?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:46 AM   #18
AchiliesSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Does this explain why in sport mode at WOT that if you let up even the slightest it seems power just falls off bigtime?
Hmm I'm not sure on that I havnt experience that or at least not that I have noticed, but it is a softer throttle map in the upper rpm
Old 11-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #19
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Correct, and these cars are setup for road course more so than drag, but I could use full control at the bottom end on drag racing to get better times, I know I can hook with it with a harder launch and take advantage of it, before having to add a controller or tune, just a discussion, that helps also with those who believe they were doing themselves a favor at the strip with sport mode and didn't realise they loose some linear throttle up top where it could make the biggest difference.
Drag racing just might want something that's a little different from either 'Track' or 'Sport'. For example, you might want your better resolution somewhere in the middle to upper middle portion of pedal travel if you're losing traction purely from torque exceeding tire grip (i.e. not because of 'impact loading' from shifting snapping them loose).

Norm
Old 11-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #20
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
It doesn't make sense . . . directly.

But I suppose the throttle mapping on drop-throttle or trailing throttle could be made to work "in reverse" of the leading throttle mapping and with less 'damping'. The PCM has to know which way the pedal is moving.

Maybe your question is something for "Ask Al". I'm only speculating about what's at least possible.

Norm
Old 11-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #21
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Which mode does 0-60 faster? Track or Sport?
Old 11-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #22
AchiliesSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
Which mode does 0-60 faster? Track or Sport?
Sport If you hook otherwise after 4k rpm track comes in harder
Old 11-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #23
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Sport If you hook otherwise after 4k rpm track comes in harder
So, the fastest way to get from 50mph - 80mph would be tracK?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #24
AchiliesSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
So, the fastest way to get from 50mph - 80mph would be tracK?
Correct at least from what I tested and that was done from 65 mph and bringing rpm up to4k