Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 11-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #29
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I forgot to add to use the 4 fold method on your towel so you have 8 clean surfaces and use a new clean surface for each window. The key is to not transfer dirt and oil to the glass in any of the steps. You can wipe with a clean towel to start, but if your buffing cloth at the end has been used for buffing off wax, youre going to transfer oil back to the glass.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #30
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I forgot to add to use the 4 fold method on your towel so you have 8 clean surfaces and use a new clean surface for each window. The key is to not transfer dirt and oil to the glass in any of the steps. You can wipe with a clean towel to start, but if your buffing cloth at the end has been used for buffing off wax, youre going to transfer oil back to the glass.
Always good to mention what may be obvious. I think I would have done something like that, if not told, but now I am sure to.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #31
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Always good to mention what may be obvious. I think I would have done something like that, if not told, but now I am sure to.
Oh for a long time, I kept re-introducing grease to my glass, then an old detailer told me about the clean rag trick. He said he used cloth diapers for it back in the day.

Glass is the thing that the customer is going to be noticing more than anything else.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #32
Camaro_49

Drives: Camaro
I once heard that Camaros with hud had this special windshield with something to make it reflect the hud? Using windex or any other cleaners won't damage the coating for the windshield right?
Camaro_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #33
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
On the inside of the windows I use this. Rinse it out, wring it out really good, wipe the windows with it. No chemicals, if it streaks you still have too much water in it.

http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-...e-glass-cloth/
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #34
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Ok, so I grabbed a clean microfiber cloth last night, folded it up, and gave the windscreen a good wipe before heading out to non-car hobby thing. Really seemed to help A LOT! When I got to my destination, there was a street light shining in and it highlighted some areas I had missed, so I hit them right then and there.

I have not yet gotten out the window cleaner. I want to do that in daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
On the inside of the windows I use this. Rinse it out, wring it out really good, wipe the windows with it. No chemicals, if it streaks you still have too much water in it.

http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-...e-glass-cloth/
Really? No chemicals? No offense, but how can this work?
Old 11-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #35
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Ok, so I grabbed a clean microfiber cloth last night, folded it up, and gave the windscreen a good wipe before heading out to non-car hobby thing. Really seemed to help A LOT! When I got to my destination, there was a street light shining in and it highlighted some areas I had missed, so I hit them right then and there.

I have not yet gotten out the window cleaner. I want to do that in daylight.
Cool. Sounds like you just had some smeared grease. That's pretty common. Simplest solution is usually the correct one.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:58 AM   #36
lenny833

Drives: 2018 camaro LT1
I use the Leno's garage glass cleaner best I have ever used

https://www.lenosgarage.com/collecti...aner-combo-kit
plus i also got this pad which does a great job
https://www.lenosgarage.com/collecti...n-shield-wiper
lenny833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #37
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've had mine tinted this spring, what's safe for tinted windows?
I've cleaned the inside side windows with distilled water only and a microfiber towel a couple of times but didn't touch the read window yet. It looks like it needs something stronger than water...
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #38
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
For the inside of the windows I use a magic eraser to breakdown all the oils (cover trim/dash with towel. After i do circular motions with the eraser i come back with a clean microfiber towel and any glass cleaner i feel like and clean in circular motions. Once i do that I give it a final wipe down with another clean dry microfiber towel to insure no streaks.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote