Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 08-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #127
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
^^Cool, looking forward to a long term review. I like Reload, but I'm open to using other products as well.

I'm about to give CGs V07 hybrid spray sealant a try. Read good things about it.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:24 PM   #128
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
^^Cool, looking forward to a long term review. I like Reload, but I'm open to using other products as well.

I'm about to give CGs V07 hybrid spray sealant a try. Read good things about it.
V07 is trash IMO. Have damn near a gallon I’ll likely never use.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:28 PM   #129
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Well I have progressed to a new last step product, I was using reload, then I went to McKees 10 minute paint sealant which is SIO2, and now the black fire SI02 spray. I have used it now on two cars in about four different applications. The blackfire is expensive but it's a much easier job to put it on. It goes on with a very silky spread, and looks slightly like silicone or oil, which makes it very easy to see where you've been. It does not flash off immediately like reload or mckees, but hangs around for about 30-45 seconds so you can make sure you got a complete, level spread. Then a quick buff with a microfiber and it's done..... no streaks.....ever....even in an overhead sun application. I'm sold… for now....

The Blackfire works fine with essence too.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I recall you being somewhat negative about my initial excitement to try this product. Haha.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2018, 01:27 AM   #130
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
So what? More reviews came out that i trusted from guys at autogeek that I know, they reported it to be different, so I tried it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:56 AM   #131
ninetres

Quote:
So what? More reviews came out that i trusted from guys at autogeek that I know, they reported it to be different, so I tried it.
You don’t see the irony at all? Nevermind then!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:42 AM   #132
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
The thing is there is so much Hype and Marketing with detailing products, finding a product that really makes a big difference over another doesn't happen often.

So many products are mislabeled now, it makes it even more difficult.

When polymer sealants came out, they were the best thing since sliced bread vs. a traditional wax. Now they label products as wax that are actually polymer sealants.

Coatings and SI02 sealants are now the rage due to their extended durability and resistance to acidic things (bug splatter and bird bombs).

Reload itself was difficult to use in it's original form, but has evolved and been reformulated a few times to it's current form, which in my experience using it, is very easy to use.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Blackfire made an SI02 spray that is even easier to use, as this is one of the hallmarks of their product line, ease of use.

I believe some people have problems using SI02 products because....

1) They don't prep the surface properly before applying.

2) They use poor quality microfiber towels for excess product removal.

3) They use too much product/don't shake the bottle before use.

4) They apply it to a surface that isn't at the right temperature.

I don't know actually how many cars I have applied Reload to, it's been quite a few, but following the proper application steps, I haven't had an issue on any type of paint I used it on. From hard as a rock Audi/Mercedes paint, to butter soft body shop paint, it's easy to use, and durability lasts 5-7 months.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #133
Glen e

I think your list of the four reasons here is spot on, with absolutely #3 being the primary culprit. I am amazed at the calls I get where people have gone through half a bottle of product on their first coat, and then complain that it seems messy or leaves a streak… I can understand this from some older guys, who grew up putting wax of their car and absolutely had to see it go on , so sometimes they put on more. And products that quick flash, are susceptible to that improper use.

One of my friends at autogeek met me for lunch a few weeks ago , and had some BF si02 with him, and I really did see that the blackfire was a new angle; it went on totally different then reload or mckees, or even blackfire Crystal seal .....your microfiber brick feels "lubricated" when you're putting it on… Very nice feeling, it allows you to level it easier than the other products mentioned here.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #134
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Hows the gloss Glen with the BF? BF CS applies with that oily silky feel/look, which i always liked applying due to its ease. Let uz know some longer term results, even after a heavy rain ot two. Thanks for the info, I always appreciate your input and info for us here.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #135
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Hows the gloss Glen with the BF? BF CS applies with that oily silky feel/look, which i always liked applying due to its ease. Let uz know some longer term results, even after a heavy rain ot two. Thanks for the info, I always appreciate your input and info for us here.
On that aspect, I revert to some my original writings, I can't tell a damn bit of difference in any of the glosses, between any of the products to any perceivable degree. Yeah some look like candy, some look like deeper, but across the condo garage or lot, they all look great. But clearly, on durability, SIO2 beats polymer and waxes, every time.

The buff off/release of BF on the final wipe down is very easy, the product has no "grab" to it…yet, before buff , you can see it.......This product "difference" is all in the application procedure, not really so much durability or gloss… But that's good enough for me, the easier the better…
Old 08-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #136
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Gloss comes from polishing, while some protection products can fill defects or enhance gloss, they can never get the shine paint polished to perfection can.

When selecting a product for protection, gloss shouldn't be considered.
Level of durability, ease of use, and resistance to the elements are your goals.

Guess the wax used to get this shine? Their is no wax or protection product on this paint.

Detailing companies will hype up gloss from products, and some, especially glaze, will add a good bit of gloss, but it's like putting make-up on your face, as soon as it wears off, the gloss is gone.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #137
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
On that aspect, I revert to some my original writings, I can't tell a damn bit of difference in any of the glosses, between any of the products to any perceivable degree. Yeah some look like candy, some look like deeper, but across the condo garage or lot, they all look great. But clearly, on durability, SIO2 beats polymer and waxes, every time.

The buff off/release of BF on the final wipe down is very easy, the product has no "grab" to it…yet, before buff , you can see it.......This product "difference" is all in the application procedure, not really so much durability or gloss… But that's good enough for me, the easier the better…
Sounds like CS, that is exactly how that applies and comes off, has that slick oily feel, where as Reload guves you that grabby feel. Interesting to see how this holds up over time and how it looks after a rain storm drive. That is what I love above silica products like Reload, we have had a ton of rain the past 2 weeks or so, Reload is just laughing at everything that is thrown at it and keeping my vehicles clean and still ahowing high gloss...nakes my life so much easier.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #138
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Aminoalkoxydimethylpolysiloxane is awesome!

Such a great time to be a motorhead.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #139
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
V07 is trash IMO. Have damn near a gallon I’ll likely never use.
Well, lots swear by it, so will give it a try. Will report on the results.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #140
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Sounds like CS, that is exactly how that applies and comes off, has that slick oily feel, where as Reload guves you that grabby feel. Interesting to see how this holds up over time and how it looks after a rain storm drive. That is what I love above silica products like Reload, we have had a ton of rain the past 2 weeks or so, Reload is just laughing at everything that is thrown at it and keeping my vehicles clean and still ahowing high gloss...nakes my life so much easier.
I'm still having some durability issues with Reload after heavy rainstorms and weekly washes. It holds up for a several weeks but beading starts to deteriorate. The sides last a long time, it's mostly the hood and roof. I do not quick detail between washes like some do here, so that may play a role.

Still like the product, just not getting 6 months, more like 2 or less. But I'm judging only by how it beads.