Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
you think Camaros are bad? not as bad as some

if you think Camaros got problems check out these recalls no Camaros by the way but alot of Toyotas( and people think there're so great)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...Bnb7Kz#image=1
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I wouldn't call the Camaro 'bad', but there are some lingering issues like the A8 trans shudder that need to be addressed. Other than that and some issues that pop-up with the diff, it's a solid car IMO.

Lurk in the forums of these 'superior' Japanese and German autos and you'll get the real story. Today, I'd rate Hyundai higher than Toyota. They've come a long way.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Toyota ain't what they used to be, but German cars never were. Going back to the 80s you would not want to own a German car past it's warranty.

Toyota used to be genuinely reliable. The last 10 years? Not so much.

American cars are now more reliable than Toyotas. 10 years ago that would have been inhesrd of.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Toyota ain't what they used to be, but German cars never were. Going back to the 80s you would not want to own a German car past it's warranty.

Toyota used to be genuinely reliable. The last 10 years? Not so much.

American cars are now more reliable than Toyotas. 10 years ago that would have been inhesrd of.
Not true. There are many 80s BMWs(4 and 6 cylinder) that are very reliable. I had an e30, I took to 268k with nothing but standard maintenance, I was the last one to own it and drove it daily for 4.5 years over 200k miles, and it was modified for most of those. They are fun to work on, back before the accountants and marketing took over the company. It never took long to figure out how to take something apart and You could take apart most of the car with just a few sockets.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
The dealers standard “It’s normal” response to every issue seems to be working.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:20 AM   #6
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Just keep in mind the in the early days it took 5-10 years to develop and build a car. Now every second or third year a new model has to come out. Designed and build on the computer. At the starting time of manufacturing this car, a new one is already on the screen.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:20 AM   #7
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:30 AM   #8
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Funniest part for me was how the 2013 Mustang airbags may explode and impale the driver with metal shrapnel due to long term humidity exposure and or temperature changes and people from ford are always giving GM crap
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV8 View Post
Funniest part for me was how the 2013 Mustang airbags may explode and impale the driver with metal shrapnel due to long term humidity exposure and or temperature changes and people from ford are always giving GM crap
Did Ford use those deathtrap Takata airbags too? Yikes.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Um, GM has a ton of cars under the same airbag recall. You tried to make a funny but failed.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #11
PhantomV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Um, GM has a ton of cars under the same airbag recall. You tried to make a funny but failed.
The point was that the Mustang (5+ years of the Mustang) is affected while the Camaro is not. Way to be an ass though
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
The point was that the Mustang (5+ years of the Mustang) is affected while the Camaro is not. Way to be an ass though
No, you said Ford giving GM crap. Don't back peddle. Point is it's not a ford or chevy part, almost 25 car manufactures used those inflators and it had nothing to do with the quality of the car itself. None of the mustangs with them installed had any problems, all were recalled, and all replaced for free. Again, you tried to be funny and you failed.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #13
PhantomV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
No, you said Ford giving GM crap. Don't back peddle. Point is it's not a ford or chevy part, almost 25 car manufactures used those inflators and it had nothing to do with the quality of the car itself. None of the mustangs with them installed had any problems, all were recalled, and all replaced for free. Again, you tried to be funny and you failed.
^ Ass you provide my comedy for the day

I feel like this guy used to be a Mustang owner.

P.S. the reason I am taking your posts so lightheartedly is 1 because your username has a freaking Honda car name in it, and 2 I know you are lying about no mustangs having issues because a driver in my state was impaled by a metal fragment from a 2007 Mustang airbag exploding.

Last edited by PhantomV8; 04-18-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #14
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:

P.S. the reason I am taking your posts so lightheartedly is 1 because your username has a freaking Honda car name in it, and 2 I know you are lying about no mustangs having issues because a driver in my state was impaled by a metal fragment from a 2007 Mustang airbag exploding.
If you're going to google to try and sound smart at least get the right info. Two airbags in mustangs deployed and said it was possibly the inflators fault and both it was ruled it was not. Try again.