#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Friends4Jessie

Recently most of you received business cards from a member kdbolt70. They are really nice.

Now I would like to challenge all members to help Jessie and her family. She recently under went a double lung transplant and is still in ICU. Her family needs out help. kdbolt70 told me of her and I thought it would be a worth while thing for all members to send a donation to help Jessie and her family.

It's time to pull together in this and help out.

Her paypal account is Friends4Jessie@gmail.com

God Bless you all and thanks in advance.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thank you chevyss for posting this.

Many of you are aware of Jessie's condition. I've gone over it in some detail in my (now massive) thread about the Free Camaro5 Cards.

Jessie is the cousin and best friend of my girlfriend. She is 22, blond, and beautiful. She was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis in her early teens. CF is a horrible disease that attacks your lungs until they can no longer function. This is exactly what happened to Jessie this winter.

She is from Northern Michigan, which, compared to the rest of the state, is extremely rural. She has been in and out of hospitals all over the state for many years. However, this winter it got to the point where she couldn't breathe at all. She was flown to Chicago to wait for a lung transplant. Luckily a donor was matched with little time to spare, and Jessie got a new set of lungs. Unfortunately, her recovery has been tough and plauged with hardships. She is still in Intensive Care, with a ventilator down her throat for a large portion of the day. She cannot take more than a couple steps at a time.

Her family has been fighting this disease in both their daughters for a long time. She has endured far more pain than anyone (let alone a 22 year old) should have to endure. Their community recently stepped up and (along with Camaro5's help) was able to raise $26,000 for her family this past weekend. While this is a large number, it pales in comparison for what it has cost to keep Jessie alive. We are continuing our efforts to raise more money for her, and I've been extremely greatful in the generosity of the members here at Camaro5.

So far, members have contributed more than $400 towards Jessie's cause, and more roll in every day. I decided to ask for donations in light of the numerous offers to pay for the Camaro5 cards I was (and am still) shipping.

So like chevyss said, I'd be extremely appreciative of anyone who'd be willing to step up and help curb some of the costs of Jessie's transplant and continual care. I have another 5000 Camaro5 cards on their way, with about 50 more spots open for members to receive cards FREE.

If you'd like to donate (even a few bucks would go a long way) you can donate to her paypal using this link: http://tinyurl.com/Friends4Jessie . Any words of encouragement will definitely be passed along as well. If you'd be more comfortable with sending a check, PM me for an address.

If you want any more info or anything (or some cards!) shoot me a PM. Thank you again to everyone who has already donated, and those that will do so in the future. I, along with my girlfriend and her family truly appreciate it!

Here's Jessie:

2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties

Last edited by kdbolt70; 03-29-2010 at 05:24 PM.
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
SSRSMAGNACONV

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Donated

Thanks to Kevin for stepping up and making this happen.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Really puts things into perspective, especially with easter being right around the corner.

Coming from another guy in his early 20s, it's really unknown if any of us young people could go through all that pain. So she's pretty brave, and I hope that she will feel better soon.

I wish that I could donate, but being that I'm a college student, I'm short on cash, but if there is any other way that I could help I'm definitely in
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
kdbolt70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRSMAGNACONV View Post
Donated

Thanks to Kevin for stepping up and making this happen.

I received your donation. I truly appreciate your generosity!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post
Really puts things into perspective, especially with easter being right around the corner.

Coming from another guy in his early 20s, it's really unknown if any of us young people could go through all that pain. So she's pretty brave, and I hope that she will feel better soon.

I wish that I could donate, but being that I'm a college student, I'm short on cash, but if there is any other way that I could help I'm definitely in
I completely understand, I hope no one feels obligated to donate. I was a college student not to long ago, so I know exactly how it feels. Thank you for the well wishes!
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
kdbolt70

A note from my girlfriend she wanted me to post here:

Dear Camaro5 members,

I can't express how amazing you all are. When Kevin (kdbolt70) told us how much you all donated to help Jessie and her family, it was all I could do not to cry. It's indescribably heartwarming that so many people who don't know Jess or our family are willing to help out. I wanted to thank you all on behalf of our family. It's been a really long road for her but she is such a strong person and she'll keep fighting until she's better.
The outpouring of concern and care you have shown truly is a blessing. I'm still having a hard time putting into words how thankful we are for all of you.

Thank you so much and God bless you all.

~Kayla (Jess' cousin)
Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thank you so much for posting this. I definitely want to help. Such a beautiful girl!!!! It saddens me that she has to fight this battle. God bless her and she is in my prayers.
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Cmon guys, though I don't know her or her family, friends I still feel like we need to help out so bump
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
Mlitemn

Drives: 1SS/RS, CGM
Donation sent, please pass on prayers and hope she will get well soon.
Mlitemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
kdbolt70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlitemn View Post
Donation sent, please pass on prayers and hope she will get well soon.
I just received it. THANK YOU! I am so grateful for people like you