Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-31-2018, 04:33 PM   #2227
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Oh crap i thought stuff like this was illegal. I get the point now.
lol
They also take the destination charge off the ad price which is a part of the actual sticker price. So no matter what you see advertised, it's $995 more, no matter what incentive you may qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealership
Dealer service/document fee of $895, destination charge, Tax, tag and registration fees are not included on the internet price....
Old 05-31-2018, 07:10 PM   #2228
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
They also like to include discounts that not everyone qualify for which I really don't like it when they do that. When you can't get a $2,000 discount because you drive the same vehicle of the one you are buying.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:49 PM   #2229
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
I think this started out as info for the 2019 refresh, on that topic I think it looks ok overall. I don't love the rear lights, but until I see one in person, I cant tell 100%. If I did not have my 2017 and I wanted a 2 door sports car, I would buy that before a Mustang any day of the week. Hope they come out with some new cool surprise colors. Flaps
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #2230
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Is it because that car has already sold?
No it’s because it’s fake news. That’s how fake news goes it started off with 55k ZL1’s everywhere no problem. Then when pressed for real facts , oops maybe it was only one at that price , then sorry there’s none at that price. Fake news.

Last edited by RealG; 06-01-2018 at 08:18 AM.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #2231
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Yeah it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
They also like to include discounts that not everyone qualify for which I really don't like it when they do that. When you can't get a $2,000 discount because you drive the same vehicle of the one you are buying.
Yeah that sucks too. I talked to a friend of mine who is in car sales and asked him how they are able to do that and not get in trouble. He said because somewhere out there is someone who could possibly meet all the criteria for the "stackable" incentives.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #2232
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
I think this started out as info for the 2019 refresh, on that topic I think it looks ok overall. I don't love the rear lights, but until I see one in person, I cant tell 100%. If I did not have my 2017 and I wanted a 2 door sports car, I would buy that before a Mustang any day of the week. Hope they come out with some new cool surprise colors. Flaps

+1 Good way to put it!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #2233
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Is it really worth the time though? I'd be curious how many people call for the "deal" and how much time the salesmen waste talking to a bunch of people who don't qualify for the rare person that might qualify? Not to mention, I completely wrote off every dealer I called and had this happen to me from ever wanting to deal with them. If they won't even haggle down near their advertised price, what's the point? Just pisses off potential customers to get that 1 rare person in the door?

One of these was a local dealer to me that I bought my wife's last car though. I went back to them for her next vehicle and they did this to us. I was a return customer in their showroom ready to buy at their advertised price, now I'll never go back to them.
That part there is why they do it. Sometimes people don't do the research and it gets them in the showroom.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 06-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #2234
shaffe

You would be surprised how stupid some people are lol, but either way it gets people in the showroom and that gives the dealer a chance at a sale.

Say you are in need of a car, and you have two chevy dealerships near you. One has super low advertised prices, the other does not. If you weren't a savy car buyer which one would you go to first?
Old 06-01-2018, 10:34 AM   #2235
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Not all internet sales are BS, its just the max discounts and rebates available if you happen fit into every possible category that makes you eligible for every discount.

Case in point. In April of this year, the wife and I bought a 2018 GMC Terrain SLT with an MSRP of just over 38 grand 26,900 out the door (not including title/tax). It was b/c we qualified for most all of the rebates and some dealers were throwing cash on the hood.

But in the end...yes, most of the time you will not get that price you see online.

Now if a dealer is advertising savings that can't actually be combined together, that's just plain shady.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #2236
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Not all internet sales are BS, its just the max discounts and rebates available if you happen fit into every possible category that makes you eligible for every discount.

Case in point. In April of this year, the wife and I bought a 2018 GMC Terrain SLT with an MSRP of just over 38 grand 26,900 out the door (not including title/tax). It was b/c we qualified for most all of the rebates and some dealers were throwing cash on the hood.

But in the end...yes, most of the time you will not get that price you see online.

Now if a dealer is advertising savings that can't actually be combined together, that's just plain shady.
That is what a dealer local to me is doing.

"Disclaimer
*ALL NEW CAR PRICES INCLUDE APPLICABLE MANUFACTURER REBATES AND INCENTIVES. DOES NOT INCLUDE TAX, TITLE, LICENSE OR DOC FEE. "

On a car I was looking at a few months ago (which is still on their lot) . Its a 17, the current incentives is 4K cash back OR 1k cash back and 0APR for 72. Can't get both but this dealer has both lumped in their "low price"
Old 06-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #2237
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
This sort of all goes back to how you want negotiate or haggle.

Me? I bring my out the door price in writing to the dealer, explicitly including tax, all fees, etc. and tell them that's my offer. I tell them you can fanagle the rebates, discounts, whatever you want and move all the numbers around all you want, I don't care. But that's the price I'll pay.

I don't care what discounts I'm eligible for or not, I just offer my out the door price. Which is usually a low ball and I work up from there to where I have already made my mind up what I will pay for the car.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #2238
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Research or not, I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to go in and get talked into buying the same car at a HIGHER price than advertised. We're programmed for decades to haggle down. I just can't fathom anyone paying more.
Unbelievably, the great majority of car shoppers are easily brought to the monthly payment. This is how people pay for the car, and how most people budget their lives, on the monthly budget. Once they have them on payment, it's easy to sell the car at MSRP. There are so many moving parts in the deal, and by the time you get them in financing they are so ready to get out of there, folks will sign anything and everything put in front of them.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:58 AM   #2239
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Quote:
It is illegal on both US Federal & state laws.

The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) goes after these dealers and fines them.

You can file a complaint ftc.gov/complaint

On the state level, here are a few:

New York:

https://ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/de...to-advertising

California:

California Business and Professions Code § 17200: Defines unfair competition as, among other things, any unfair, deceptive, untrue or misleading advertising.

California Business and Professions Code § 17500: Prohibits false and misleading advertising.

California Civil Code § 1770: Lists a number of deceptive acts that are deemed to be unlawful, including, but not limited to, advertising goods or services with the intent not to sell them as advertised, and knowingly making untrue or misleading statements in advertisements.

Possible Penalties

Some of the penalties that fraudulent or deceptive advertisers may suffer in California include:

Injunction (California Business and Professions Code § 1753)
Up to $2,500 for each violation of the law against deceptive advertising
(California Business and Professions Code § 17500);
Up to six months in jail for each violation of the law against deceptive advertising (California Business and Professions Code § 17500).

Whether it is on a state level or a Federal level, it is illegal to advertise a sale without the intention of selling it for that price.

So bait & switch tactics are punishable by law.

Now, it is left to the consumer to have a paper trail. From the ad that was their call to action, to a dealer invoice citing otherwise.

My new purchase, I got for $2K less than advertised.

Now I wish their was a law to stop California for stealing $$$ by taxing at the MSRP as opposed to the actual price negotiated. This is criminal.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:17 AM   #2240
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
It is illegal on both US Federal & state laws.

The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) goes after these dealers and fines them.

You can file a complaint ftc.gov/complaint

On the state level, here are a few:

New York:

https://ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/de...to-advertising

California:

California Business and Professions Code § 17200: Defines unfair competition as, among other things, any unfair, deceptive, untrue or misleading advertising.

California Business and Professions Code § 17500: Prohibits false and misleading advertising.

California Civil Code § 1770: Lists a number of deceptive acts that are deemed to be unlawful, including, but not limited to, advertising goods or services with the intent not to sell them as advertised, and knowingly making untrue or misleading statements in advertisements.

Possible Penalties

Some of the penalties that fraudulent or deceptive advertisers may suffer in California include:

Injunction (California Business and Professions Code § 1753)
Up to $2,500 for each violation of the law against deceptive advertising
(California Business and Professions Code § 17500);
Up to six months in jail for each violation of the law against deceptive advertising (California Business and Professions Code § 17500).

Whether it is on a state level or a Federal level, it is illegal to advertise a sale without the intention of selling it for that price.

So bait & switch tactics are punishable by law.

Now, it is left to the consumer to have a paper trail. From the ad that was their call to action, to a dealer invoice citing otherwise.

My new purchase, I got for $2K less than advertised.

Now I wish their was a law to stop California for stealing $$$ by taxing at the MSRP as opposed to the actual price negotiated. This is criminal.
A couple of years a ago I bought a use equinox that said on the dealer's website that it was a certified used car. When I was doing the paperwork I ask how the certified part work and what it covered. They then said that it wasnt certified used. Well, I just happened to have a screen shot of the ad so I know the lot number when going to the dealer. There was some back and fourth, but then ended up honoring it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!