Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
Camaro1LTBA

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Lightbulb My story so far... your 2SS thoughts/advice

My current 2014 Camaro lease is ending at the end of January. I finally decided to go with the 2SS, breaking the budget!

My option list was fairly simple and planned on placing an order and having to rent a vehicle in the interim. Anyway, this was what my order would have been:

2SS
Hyper Blue
Ceramic White
NPP
Black 5 spokes
Black Bowties

Transmission was a struggle. I love manuals, but thought about going automatic. Figured that the NPP would be killer on the manual though, but the automatic has better gas mileage with cylinder deactivation, remote start, technically faster, 8 speed... and I have a feeling that the 7 speed manual will be coming to the Camaro, but maybe I'm way off.

Rather than looking at a Spring delivery on that order, I made contact with a reputable dealership not long ago and have already said yes to an incoming Camaro that I'd receive prior to current lease end (optimistic that all will go well). This car is ordered as:

2SS
Hyper Blue
Ceramic White
NPP
Black 5 spokes
Magnetic Ride Control (rather than black bowties)
M6

Since I will be spending so much on a Camaro, I told myself I would not settle for something I will not be happy with or have any regrets. In this case, the transmission was decided for me (probably better than me struggling back and forth between the two).

The black bowties, in my opinion of course, really make the car with the black wheels and black hood vents and the dealer has kindly agreed to add them to the vehicle which puts this car as I would have ordered except for the MRC. Thoughts on the bowties? Any thoughts on the MRC on the M6? It is an expensive option that I was not anticipating in my pricing.

The last few days I've thought about where my Camaro is priced at, and living close to Kerbeck, I am approaching base Corvette levels. Once the discounts are in though and pricing is actually finalized, I'm optimistic that we'll get the Camaro a bit lower to ease the vette thoughts lol.

At this point, I've allowed the dealer to run my credit and barring any unforeseen situation, this Camaro is going to be my car. I'm truly very excited!

Was initially going to finance, but had the dealer give some estimates on a 3 year lease which of course gives me the option to purchase at the end of the lease. With the leasing, I wouldn't have to touch my savings for the down payment and monthly would obviously be cheaper. I do not have the finalized numbers (MF, residual, etc).

Since I'm just waiting now, I was interested in hearing any feedback from you guys RE the build vs order, M6... MRC on the M6, lease/finance?... My 2010 Camaro was a financed LS, but since it was a base almost took no hit on it, then had a 2011 Volt lease, and currently ending 2014 Camaro 2LT lease.

Can't hurt to post my thoughts and get some feedback as it would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post, just throwing out a few things that have been on my mind since telling the dealer to put my name on this one.

Very excited for this car and to get back in a V8! Had previously financed a few vettes without any issues. Think that the MPG on the M6 SS has me hesitant to purchase since none of us can predict where gas prices will end up in a few years time. Am I over thinking this?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I know I threw a lot out there, but can't stop thinking about the car!
Camaro1LTBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Yes on the bowties....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
First off congratulations on the new purchase. I am definitely jealous. If I were able to purchase a 2016 SS it would be just as you have got, minus the white ceramic seats. I had purchased the black vinyl bow tie stickers on my 2010 SS, which turned out nice and only cost about 10 bucks. I agree that they are a most with the wheels and heat extractors. The gold just doesn't fly.

I am back and forth on a budget friendly 1SS or streatching the budget to get a 2SS. I plan on keeping this car for a long time and have a work car, so it would not be a daily driven vehicle. However I do have two small kids in daycare, hence having to wait until one is out in order to free up founds. But I have never thought of leasing to keep the payments down and then purchase at the end of the term. Could be a possibility, other than I would probably end up making payments for close to a DECADE! Ouch.

I have been thinking about the Camaro since July, and I don't even have one ordered or have any plan on getting one soon. So I can only imagine how tough it must be to play the waiting game. Did your dealer advise when the vehicle would arrive?

Again congratulations and please post pictures of your beauty when she arrives.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
Camaro1LTBA

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
First off congratulations on the new purchase. I am definitely jealous. If I were able to purchase a 2016 SS it would be just as you have got, minus the white ceramic seats. I had purchased the black vinyl bow tie stickers on my 2010 SS, which turned out nice and only cost about 10 bucks. I agree that they are a most with the wheels and heat extractors. The gold just doesn't fly.

I am back and forth on a budget friendly 1SS or streatching the budget to get a 2SS. I plan on keeping this car for a long time and have a work car, so it would not be a daily driven vehicle. However I do have two small kids in daycare, hence having to wait until one is out in order to free up founds. But I have never thought of leasing to keep the payments down and then purchase at the end of the term. Could be a possibility, other than I would probably end up making payments for close to a DECADE! Ouch.

I have been thinking about the Camaro since July, and I don't even have one ordered or have any plan on getting one soon. So I can only imagine how tough it must be to play the waiting game. Did your dealer advise when the vehicle would arrive?

Again congratulations and please post pictures of your beauty when she arrives.
Thanks for the congrats although I'm saving that until I actually have the car in the garage! I did look at the aftermarket vinyl stickers and whatnot, but since it is a dealer installed option and the car is not cheap, I thought I'd ask if it could be added at the dealer rather than saying no on such a great car and perfect timing (hopefully) over the color of the bowties.

I started with a 35K top budget... then the pricing came out and I changed that to 40K and with the MSRP and taxes, not sure I'm going to be following my original plans.

As for the leasing, if done right, you are just paying the depreciation that you'd pay anyway. With lower payments and a much lower down payment, I won't have to touch the savings and will be able to still save throughout the lease to possibly purchase later. I'm still considering purchasing though, but leaning towards the lease hence asking for advice here. Nothing is finalized at this time.

I knew from the beginning that my 2014 was a stop gap lease until I could assess the new Volt and the new Camaro. Maybe that's where my fear of gas comes from that 3 year Volt lease. Was at the gas station maybe 10 times total lol. I did plan on keeping this car for a while so, while I discussed the lease, still have financing in the back of my head.

My 2014 Camaro was hit in a parking lot (ton of damage, entire passenger side smashed in). Of course the insurance covered this, but things like this incident with a lease gives me some ease as I can decide to keep it or decide to give it back to the bank in the end. Right now leases on the 2016 Camaro are far from terrific, but do-able.

As for the wait, I've been building so many different configurations and non stop thinking about it. With my current lease ending soon, I needed to make a move and just happened that this dealership has the car coming, but with MRC. At least I'm not just placing an order now and waiting for months. It hasn't been very long since I basically said put my name on that car and I'm already anxious. The car could arrive anytime from now until sometime in January at the latest from the information we have now.

Glen e...Definitely yes on the black bowties. It was almost a deal breaker, until I was told that they would be added for me. Appreciate the pic. So 100% on the black bowties with the black wheels. I was never a fan of the gold bowties Chevy does and have advocated many times that they just use all silver/chrome color bowties on all of their cars.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
Camaro1LTBA

One more thing that I've been searching for, but haven't been able to find. There was a checklist posted for the dealer with things on it for them not to do.

I do trust the dealership, but have emphasized please no front plate. This dealership does not put any stickers on their vehicles (or maybe just the Camaros and Corvettes). Not 100% sure on all of their vehicles, but was told not to worry about it.

No front plate and no stickers + black bowties. There's a few local dealers by me that would probably try to throw on whatever black bowties they could find (from their trucks, who knows). Not sure if they are all the same, but this is how many of the Jersey dealers operate. Terrible sales and could care less about the customer or how they deliver the car.

As a side note, I used to detail cars and still have it in me so looking forward to making that blue pop. I'm still a long time Zaino user. Not sure if that is still a hot topic, but their clarity and durability remain unmatched in my opinion.

Still a few things I have to think about and want to talk to the dealer about, but just have to wait for the car and try not to harass them too much!

Figured I'd get my Camaro fix here until I receive any updates on the car.

I will most definitely post pictures when the car arrives. Thanks again for the feedback!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #6
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Yes on the bowties....
PLEASE take a pic from the front, head on!!! I can't decide if they work with that color...
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:46 PM   #7
Camaro1LTBA

Sorry, for some reason I thought I had a 2LT 2014... For the record, it is a 1LT.

Would be interested in more opinions on the lease/finance and since this car has Magnetic Ride Control, I'd really appreciate thoughts there. The car is a M6. I'd think that the MRC would be more beneficial for cruising in the A8, just as I feel like the NPP exhaust is more suited for the M6.

Have never had either the MRC or the exhaust option so opinions there would be cool. Have read many of the reviews; would love to hear from those that actually have these options.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:28 PM   #8
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
PLEASE take a pic from the front, head on!!! I can't decide if they work with that color...
They work with EVERY color
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote