BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #29
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Both... plus AutoX

...all 3 in one weekend. www.CamaroFest.org

WeaponX was there last year. Would love to see one of these chillers in action.
Yes we'll be there and we're working on a complete running model to demo the chiller outside of the car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmau5 View Post
So does this eliminate the need for a upgraded intake ? Or does this chiller act as a upgraded intake + the benefit of chilling the air as well. Cause if so... I'd rather not waste money on a intake I was about to buy.. and I'll just spend whatever extra this cost

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You'd still need an intake, chiller chills coolant for superchargers that the compressed air blows through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampabucs4 View Post
What’s estimated price and can you run the chiller to get some extra hp and also air conditioning with no negative effects around town and then for racing you can divert all of it? Am I reading that right
We'll be between $1600-1999, actual pricing will be released when we're into production. And yes, you can do 50% or 100% for racing with very little affect on cabin temps!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #30
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Yes we'll be there and we're working on a complete running model to demo the chiller outside of the car too.

You'd still need an intake, chiller chills coolant for superchargers that the compressed air blows through.

We'll be between $1600-1999, actual pricing will be released when we're into production. And yes, you can do 50% or 100% for racing with very little affect on cabin temps!
Can this be fitted for other engines, or the LSA?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #31
Boosted4life

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Any updates on this?
Boosted4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #32
Homey Da Clown

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Vert
Does 6th gen ZL1 AC turn off at WOT?
Homey Da Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:21 AM   #33
TDS

Drives: 2019 Jeep Rubicon Sold:2017 ZL1 A10
Any news?
Ordered 2/11, 2000 2/14, 3000 2/20, 3100 2/24, 3300 3/7, 3400 3/8, 4300 3/16, 4B00 3/21 Bayed at train yard in Ohio, 4200 3/26 All Abroad for the West Coast, 4800 4/4 Deliverd to portland train yard, 5000 4/7 3:00AM Deliverd to Dealer, 6000 4/7 6:45PM Delivered to Customer
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #34
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Ditto! March was said to be the release date. Probably ran into a snag.

Trying to understand how we end up with a net benefit in power? The system on,y works when the ac is on, taking hp to run the compressor and cool the air going into the intake manifold. The second the ac is shut of won’t the air temp immediately rise back up? Looking for my free lunch here...
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #35
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post

Trying to understand how we end up with a net benefit in power? The system on,y works when the ac is on, taking hp to run the compressor and cool the air going into the intake manifold. The second the ac is shut of won’t the air temp immediately rise back up? Looking for my free lunch here...
My understanding is it cools a tank of fluid and the fluid cools the charge air. The fluid tank holds enough cold fluid to make it through a pass without the ac running. You are pretty much banking that cold when idleing and putting around and then use it when under boost. I suspect the ac shuts off at wot and a pump kicks in to get the cold fluid into the intercooler.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #36
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
Any news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
My understanding is it cools a tank of fluid and the fluid cools the charge air. The fluid tank holds enough cold fluid to make it through a pass without the ac running. You are pretty much banking that cold when idleing and putting around and then use it when under boost. I suspect the ac shuts off at wot and a pump kicks in to get the cold fluid into the intercooler.
We're really close guys, sorry I've been so busy after coming back from TX2K that I haven't been on here much.

The only delay was in a couple of tools for my Haas VF6, but we have units on my ZL1, C7 Corvettes, and a couple of CTS V3s as well and they're phenomenal. Water temps on the V3 (since my ZL1 is a lot different with all of the cooling for the air to water) had water temps in the 20s! That car will be back on the dyno today with the latest and greatest and I'll have some more info to share and logs etc.

As soon as the tooling is in, I'll do the group buy. Kit is proven and ready, but I do not want to sit on money till the kit is actually in production.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #37
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey Da Clown View Post
Does 6th gen ZL1 AC turn off at WOT?
Despite it being commanded to do so in the tune, it will oddly stay on when we've been on the dyno with the AC on. On a 900whp Whipple powered LT4, we saw about a 20whp loss with the AC on while on the dyno. Pretty low for the air... the IATs across the MAF on my compound boost setup were 44*!
Old 06-03-2018, 07:47 AM   #38
L8ERBRO

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
We're really close guys, sorry I've been so busy after coming back from TX2K that I haven't been on here much.

The only delay was in a couple of tools for my Haas VF6, but we have units on my ZL1, C7 Corvettes, and a couple of CTS V3s as well and they're phenomenal. Water temps on the V3 (since my ZL1 is a lot different with all of the cooling for the air to water) had water temps in the 20s! That car will be back on the dyno today with the latest and greatest and I'll have some more info to share and logs etc.

As soon as the tooling is in, I'll do the group buy. Kit is proven and ready, but I do not want to sit on money till the kit is actually in production.
When will this unit be released for sale? Summer's here!
Old 06-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #39
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8ERBRO View Post
When will this unit be released for sale? Summer's here!
Ditto. If the setup truly works, I’ll install one, too.
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #40
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Been waiting for this. Come on now already!!!!!!!! Btw, I'm assuming this replaces the whole intake system, so if I'm running Meth, this removes all of that correct? Or am I wrong?

And curious. Just a question so don't bite my head off. What's the difference between running this and running an intake set up running off of meth? Doesn't Meth do the same and cool the IAT1's, excuse me IAT2's? Or am I completely missing the boat here.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #41
Want1

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Despite it being commanded to do so in the tune, it will oddly stay on when we've been on the dyno with the AC on. On a 900whp Whipple powered LT4, we saw about a 20whp loss with the AC on while on the dyno. Pretty low for the air... the IATs across the MAF on my compound boost setup were 44*!

Want1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #42
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
I'd be interested in one for my Magnuson on my SS assuming it won't be too much of a challenge to make it work.

Tags
chiller, cooling, heat exchanger, hex, pulley