Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 AM   #113
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS

and possibly the Le Mans prototype in the background?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/26/f...s-forza-video/
Old 01-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #114
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
A variation of the Voodoo was the obvious choice and they went with a V6? My interest just went to zero.
Agreed that and no manual shifting. Cars are going in the wrong direction.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #115
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
A manual transmission is simply not up to par in this category anymore. I used to be all about only driving manuals, then I drove a 458 Italia for a week. You get over it reeeaaall quick.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #116
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
I read the V6 was chosen due to the class they want to run in. It was more beneficial to chose the TTV6 over other options.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #117
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
This car (as much as I would love one) isnt being built to satisfy the diehard muscle guys, the v8 lovers, or even the "blue collar supercar guys"

Its an engineering staple, built with a race motor (cylinder count unfortunately has no weight) and is going to be extremely limited.

I get WHY Ford is doing it...I just wish they were riding the line a little more favorably towards the last GT. (Yes... i just suggested Ford compromise their ultimate warrior)
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:34 AM   #118
trademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
This car (as much as I would love one) isnt being built to satisfy the diehard muscle guys, the v8 lovers, or even the "blue collar supercar guys"

Its an engineering staple, built with a race motor (cylinder count unfortunately has no weight) and is going to be extremely limited.

I get WHY Ford is doing it...I just wish they were riding the line a little more favorably towards the last GT. (Yes... i just suggested Ford compromise their ultimate warrior)
I think they are, but the line has moved. The hypercar category has become what the supercar category used to be. The GT has to be way more extreme (and costly) to dual with the big boys this time around. Competing with a Huracan or 458 is not going to shock and awe. They need to hunt bigger game.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:53 AM   #119
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
I think they are, but the line has moved. The hypercar category has become what the supercar category used to be. The GT has to be way more extreme (and costly) to dual with the big boys this time around. Competing with a Huracan or 458 is not going to shock and awe. They need to hunt bigger game.
The purpose of the GT is not to hunt Lamborghinis and Ferraris on the street but on the track. That's why it has the TTV6.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:58 AM   #120
trademaster

Quote:
The purpose of the GT is not to hunt Lamborghinis and Ferraris on the street but on the track. That's why it has the TTV6.
You're missing my point. Ford is not going after the Huracan and 458, they are going after the hypercars. LaFerrari, P1, etc. The formula had to be more creative, different, exciting, new.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:15 AM   #121
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
You're missing my point. Ford is not going after the Huracan and 458, they are going after the hypercars. LaFerrari, P1, etc. The formula had to be more creative, different, exciting, new.
I understand your point. The production GT is built to fit in a Le Mans racing class, which is why the V6 is used. Being new and exciting wasn't the reason.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #122
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
I understand your point. The production GT is built to fit in a Le Mans racing class, which is why the V6 is used. Being new and exciting wasn't the reason.
They could have used a V-8 and made it in the class. But Ford is pushing the EcoBoost. Their Lap Times @ Daytona showed they are on their game!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #123
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
They could have used a V-8 and made it in the class. But Ford is pushing the EcoBoost. Their Lap Times @ Daytona showed they are on their game!
They would have had to design a totally new V8 for the class..isn't the N/A displacement cap at 4.0L?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #124
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
They would have had to design a totally new V8 for the class..isn't the N/A displacement cap at 4.0L?
Not much to be gained on that front because the V6 they're going to be using is probably going to be practically all new anyways.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #125
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Not much to be gained on that front because the V6 they're going to be using is probably going to be practically all new anyways.
It's the EBV6 from their Daytona Prototype class car..it's already been developed and proven.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #126
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Wonder how Ford got IMSA and the WEC to allow the car to race in the GT class with the huge air channels around the cabin/engine bay since that kind of aero is seen on the prototypes and not GT cars. Any ideas?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote