Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #15
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
[QUOTE=scruffyluv;6345022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
this is for the OP, I sent the owner of DJ Grilles your post above, and this was his response

"On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM, <@mms.att.net> wrote:
I'm not sure this is an authentic DJ product . I have had some reports of counterfeit DJ branded products being sold. I told this person if they had prof of purchase to send it to us and I would replace it free of charge assuming they did not do this to the grille and it was one of ours . They never responded so I can only assume it is either fake or they did something to it the damage the finish."

Kelly the grill came from Phasteck. DJ wanted me to hold $1000 on a CC, send them my reciept AND send the grille back.. I cant do without a grill( I told them that) and I dont have cool grand to sit on a CC. I dont have the receipt but I DO have my bank statement with the payment of $1100 to Phasteck. Will is a NACE certified inspector and he took measurments that add up to barely any paint put on the grill. A response email is in the works. I want the grill off... I love yours, but I wont be a advertsing board for them. I thank you for emailing them, but did they mention how rude they were to me when they emailed me?? Couldnt even greet me in either email they sent.. no I am sorry but.. nothing.....

oh and I forgot to mention, they said they photos were inconclusive.......I fail to see how they are inconclusive to rusting??
Phastec can resend your receipt..

if you ordered this online it was send via email anyway.. check your old emails.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
I have been corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlux View Post
Why wouldn't 3-5 mills thick be enough? This isn't a paint or coating that's going anywhere.

I'm not NACE certified - but I formulate and test paint for Super Yachts - a lot more important and expensive than a car grille. Even for bottom paint which has to be repainted every year the suggested thickness is 3-5 mills. Not sure why you would need to be any thicker than that?

Even if it was thicker - that wouldn't prevent rusting - if it's going to rust it's going to rust. The thicker your paint just means it is hidden a little longer before you start to see creepage and such.

Just my thoughts on the paint job. I'm not arguing that something isn't wrong - it clearly is - just wondering why your husband thought 3-5 mills wasn't enough. Just curiousity since I work in the area.

Hope you get it resolved and thank you for your service.

thank you. hubby told me I am wrong.. I NEED 3-5 an I have 1.. I cant believe I blew it.. he said your right and I am wrong ( okay so its my blond hair poking through and I heard him wrong)
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

okay I have my receipt, thank you Mr. iCREDIBLE, I didnt think they would have it.. but it was on the website.. and it says the CODE is DJG-Grille-Camaro-1101.

Kelly, I will be sending this receipt to them but I cant send them the grille without something to go in its place. I am soo frustrated.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #18
Interlux

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS - SW/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
thank you. hubby told me I am wrong.. I NEED 3-5 an I have 1.. I cant believe I blew it.. he said your right and I am wrong ( okay so its my blond hair poking through and I heard him wrong)
No worries! 1 is not enough at all - way too thin. That's barely a coverage coat to shadow the metal.

Glad you found the receipt too - sounds like somebody skimped on the paint!
Interlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #19
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
okay I have my receipt, thank you Mr. iCREDIBLE, I didnt think they would have it.. but it was on the website.. and it says the CODE is DJG-Grille-Camaro-1101.

Kelly, I will be sending this receipt to them but I cant send them the grille without something to go in its place. I am soo frustrated.

where are you, I have my factory one I will send to you at no charge/deposit to use temporarily and you can return it when this is resolved..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I'm from the Richmond VA area and I have a factory grille that you can use until you get your problem fixed.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlux View Post
No worries! 1 is not enough at all - way too thin. That's barely a coverage coat to shadow the metal.

Glad you found the receipt too - sounds like somebody skimped on the paint!

Hub said he wants to take pics with his meter in the grill for proof..

thanks for everyones grill offers.. I have a friend here that has offered me his but for now, my mind set is that if I take this one off, it very well could be permanent.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #22
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Hub said he wants to take pics with his meter in the grill for proof..

thanks for everyones grill offers.. I have a friend here that has offered me his but for now, my mind set is that if I take this one off, it very well could be permanent.
SOooo if they find its "your fault" which it isn't. Will they send the grill back to u or make u pay to send it back?
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
that's terrible. send that back to them
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #24
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
No matter how great a product is if they have horrible customer service I refuse to purchase with them.. learned that very quickly. A company should stand behind there product regardless. See how they would feel put in your shoes.

Hope all gets fixed.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #25
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
DJ grill

i had the same problem just after 6 months, no salt, car is a weekend driver, stays undercover during the week. hand washed only with adams product and recommendations.
i took it off to repaint but it really needs to be blasted and powder coated to last, IMO, sanding is not going to work in the mesh area, IMO.
i purchased from a great vendor on camaro5, but when i sent the pics he said he would contact his DJ rep, yet to hear from him again, (9 month ago)
The pics are of the lower grill, since these pic where taken, the top has also started to do it:(

i really love the grill and the looks, so until i remove and powder coat it (my dime) i will do brush touch ups.

lupe
Attached Images

overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #26
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
wow, what a piece of shit
Old 03-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
wow, what a piece of shit
i can say this, the grill itself is made extremely well, it will outlast the car.... now with at least the OP and myself, a better paint job would go a long way
i am keeping this grill on my ride because i think its killer looking IMO

lupe
Attached Images

overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

oohh I like the red!! Looks sharp! I love the look as well, but I am still on the fence. Am thinking of upgrading to a 1LE and hubby has said he will powder coat the grille to match my rims if I want.