Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #29
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Oh I agree, believe me something always goes wrong for somebody...

But I'll take difficult to remove and overspray (Both user error) problems over failing in 1-3 weeks when 4-6+ months is claimed for other products that may be easier to spray. But Reload and most SI02 sprays are not without application issues. In fact, most of them are famously difficult to work with and finicky. Yes the CanCoat requires more attention to apply than Detail Spray, but it definitely isn't difficult.
Yeah I like the gyeon products ...I use their tire coating, their Wet coat, and their polish. I've really come to believe that detailing products are all very similar, except for the application method. That's what really changes. And I agree it's almost always user error. And furthermore its almost always contamination from the surface before the product is used. And I don't think you can just say "This product works", if you are into detailing, you need to try a bunch of them , use common sense and pick one out. I've always agreed with Mike Phillips @ Autogeek with his famous phrases:

"Find something you like and use it often" and " The easier it is to use, the more you will use it"

I have a love-hate relationship with reload. it came out in about 2011 (approx), it was terrible, it streaked and high-spotted all over the place , and for me, had to be polished off. I dumped it. Then they reformulated it and it got a lot better, and was a pretty good match with the car pro essence polish.

But .....To me, both blackfire and McKee's product sprays Are more idiot proof than reload. Tac QuartzMax spray is also easy.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #30
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I know it's a debated topic, but I'm on side of those that see beading performance as a measure of product longevity and effectiveness. If it stops, the assumption is that the coating is no longer present or the product is not doing its job effectively. Maybe Reload is still offering protection even when beading is non existent, but I wouldn't trust that.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote