Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #15
Jfalkner94

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
I wonder if the stock pump would hold up under WOT if you road-tripped it to sea level? From 4400ft, you'd be looking at about 15% more air density once you got to the beach (assuming the same temperature).

I realize a closed loop MAF setup should keep the AFR where it needs to be for part throttle, but what happens when you go WOT and get into the PE? If you are on the hairy edge of the pump at elevation, I assume you are out of pump at sea level?

Just a genuine question. I wonder if folks in some areas of California need to worry about this (i.e., if you build and tune it at 5000ft, then take a trip to sea level for a drag strip run, I'd imagine you need to overbuild your fuel system to account for this). Never really considered this myself, because I'm only at about 1000 ft.
To be honest i am not sure, I would be curios to know this too. I asked JDP about my pump shortly after i bought the car because i have read about how the stock pump cant handle much more than stock power levels without a BAP. they told me that the pump would be fine at that power level and i shouldn't have to worry, he said it all looked fine when tuned the car too. So i never looked any more into it. but i would also be curios to know if lower elevation would be to much for the pump to handle.

now i have more questions HA

5th Gen ZL1 M6---Stainless works 1"7/8 headers, Metco 2.55 upper, Rotofab cold air, ID 850's, Borla Atak catback car made 621whp and 612wtq @ 4,400 ft elevation Tuned by JDP

6th Gen ZL1 1LE A10--- Stock
Jfalkner94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
22%, bap, pulley, zl1