Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Camaro 7 concept/ideas

Not being a fan of the refresh, nor the current direction the "state of Camaro" is going, I've decided that rather than just complain, I'd offer a concept idea along the lines of something I'd like to see.

The idea here is to basically reinvent the pony car, and come up with a design/style that once again reaches the market base the Camaro used to have. This is simply a pony car; not a high performance letter car (i.e. SS, RS, LT1, etc). No letters, just "Camaro". It would not be a track car; it's for the 95+ percent of the buyers who would never go to the track, nor do they even know what the Nurburgring is. They don't need nor would they use all the high performance stuff, yet they do like sporty style.

The design/style philosophy here is minimalist; no fake vents, slots, gills or anything related to a movie. It's a CAMARO. Has one engine; a V6. Auto trans. No magnetic suspension or high performance track stuff. Keep the price down so it's affordable; both for purchase and for insurance. Driver visibility is improved; no sitting in a bunker. Rear visibility is greatly improved. More usable interior space so a family of four can take the kids in the back seat.

Hopefully something like this could be brought in under $25k. If it could be delivered at $22,900 that would be great. Only the body and interior would be special to the car; most of the other bits can be from the parts bin of other models.

This is just a body shell; no interior or anything under the skin. Obviously door and hood edges aren't cut out. There hasn't been any edge chamfering or any real finishing work to smooth out the edges; it's just a rough concept. It's intended to be more or less angular in style. It has heritage cues, but it isn't a retro design; it's a modern car. I didn't want it to look trendy or like anything else out there; I wanted the word "Camaro" to immediately come to mind.

I have a feeling the design team has probably already designed the 7th gen, but I felt it might be entertaining to at least put forth some ideas anyway.

Feedback is of course welcome. All I ask is keep it constructive and civil.

Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-0.jpg
Views: 2387
Size:  47.9 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-1.jpg
Views: 2428
Size:  57.7 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-2.jpg
Views: 2311
Size:  38.3 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-3.jpg
Views: 2309
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-4.jpg
Views: 2315
Size:  42.9 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-5.jpg
Views: 2303
Size:  50.8 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Concept-6.png
Views: 2324
Size:  569.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:19 PM   #2
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Camaro has meant RS,SS, Z-28 since 1967. The Z-28 was killed in 75 and 76 because it was too smogged down to outperform a standard Camaro. Sorry, too plain. I have owned a 75 RS, a 79 Z-28, and helped his grandmother buy my 17 year old son his 17 RS. Barely being able to tell a standard Camaro from the Z-28 in the '90's helped kill it in 2002. The 96 SS made it stand out again. JMO. BTW: Ford has already killed the V6 in it's Mustang.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #3
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
I'd test drive it. Liked my V6.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
the general shape is good,kind of retro 4th gen.price point as a base car is good but RS and SS with all the tech advances should also be available for those that want more.i see lots of 6th gen cars in forms from 1LT to ZL-1 at my local dealer and they all find a home.totally happy with my 6 cylinder but love the RS package too.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I'm glad you started a thread on the design direction of the 7th Gen. There seemed to be a lot more talk regarding the 6th Gen when everyone was speculating what it would look like. And good on you for creating a design concept, doesn't look too bad.
In terms of keeping the car attainable I agree completely. A low entry fee is a good idea but there needs to be a few trim levels as there always has been. And a V8 needs to be an option. Maybe for Gen 8 we'll be talking nothing but a 4 banger or some hybrid powertrain but the near future still has V8's in it.
I like the Buick Avista concept (see below) and wouldn't mind seeing the Camaro move in this design direction. As in make that car and call it a Camaro. They evolved the 5th Gen design into what you see now but I think it's time for something new.
Attached Images

detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It's funny that this thread has come up..

The design for the 7th Gen Camaro is almost certainly locked in at this point. Right now they're just riding out the end of the 6th Gen.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I'm glad you started a thread on the design direction of the 7th Gen. There seemed to be a lot more talk regarding the 6th Gen when everyone was speculating what it would look like. And good on you for creating a design concept, doesn't look too bad.
In terms of keeping the car attainable I agree completely. A low entry fee is a good idea but there needs to be a few trim levels as there always has been. And a V8 needs to be an option. Maybe for Gen 8 we'll be talking nothing but a 4 banger or some hybrid powertrain but the near future still has V8's in it.
I like the Buick Avista concept (see below) and wouldn't mind seeing the Camaro move in this design direction. As in make that car and call it a Camaro. They evolved the 5th Gen design into what you see now but I think it's time for something new.

That Avista concept could BE the 7th Gen and I doubt anyone would complain (well some will always complain)....but that is a sharp car !
Old 06-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Why make this car with 'nothing' and call it a Camaro.?
Lots of Grocery Getters out there.
Camaro is a Brand. It means something.
You cannot put the name on a plain simple car just so some people can say they have a Camaro.
That would take away from all the other Camaro owners that have bought into the Brand.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Hybrid powertrain will more then likely be in the 7th gen camaro, to Doc think it will need more refinement in the rear, car looks like a dodge challenger in the quarter panels, but other then that its a nice starting point.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #10
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Some tweeks to this could work
Name:  2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-Rumors-585x439.jpg
Views: 2046
Size:  51.3 KB
Old 06-22-2018, 10:49 AM   #11
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
A Jagmaro... yeaaaah no thanks x1000. Though I do agree, something non-retro would be a nice change of pace.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #12
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Looks like a Delorean humped a Mitz 300GT
Old 06-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #13
Ch1

Drives: 19 ZLE M6 Red Hot
Acura TL?
Ch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #14
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Okay, perhaps I should have clarified the intent of this model. It does not eliminate the lettered cars; it adds a base model. The lettered cars can be whatever they've already designed which can be the expensive track-oriented, high performance cars. Those models are already out of range for the average buyer, and will only be going up in price. (Keep in mind that the price consideration has to include insurance).

It was just a thought; an idea to hopefully get some dialog going about what a Camaro should be. Doesn't seem to have sparked much of a conversation though... oh well.

Thank you to those who did reply; even the jokers who ignored the request to keep the comments constructive.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote