Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-28-2024, 09:15 AM   #1
jstanton

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Collision Alert System and Performance Mode Issues

Not sure if these are related but they both started having issues at the same time.

Car is a 2022 2SS 1LE and the forward collision alert button and HUD visual alert stopped working suddenly. If someone stops suddenly in front of me, the audible alarm sounds but when you press the button it dosen't do anything to change the range/sensitivity. Also it use to pop up a visual alert in the HUD but that stopped as well.

Separately, the car will not go into track mode, it just skips right over that option every time. What's weird is that sometimes when you press up, the selection goes down, like from touring to sport. You can press the up again and it will actually go up back to touring. No matter what I do it always skips track mode though.

My local dealership has had the car 4 separate times and have yet to find the solution. They claim they have never seen these issues. They have replaced the button on the steering wheel, recalibrated the camera, and reset the ECM (I think). They say when they connect to the car, their computer shows everything is working properly but it clearly isn't. They have been pulling logs and sending them to GM and every time they do that it takes a day or two for them to get a response and it's always test this or that and if it doesn't work send us the logs again. I've got the car scheduled to go back to them tomorrow but figured I'd see if anyone here has had similar issues and gotten them resolved?
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 12:41 PM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Start car
turn that mess off
PROFIT

seriously though I see intermittent warnings, or not, and I just prefer to either ignore or I do turn-it off (or down) at startup. I find it be a useless and unnecessary feature.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:56 PM   #3
jstanton

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Start car
turn that mess off
PROFIT

seriously though I see intermittent warnings, or not, and I just prefer to either ignore or I do turn-it off (or down) at startup. I find it be a useless and unnecessary feature.
That's just it, I can't turn the forward collision alert off, up, or down. The button does not do anything and it's stuck at the setting it was at when it started doing this. It's also odd that this started happening and then a few days later I realized the car won't go into track mode either. They could be unrelated issues but the timing is suspect.

I'm to OCD to just ignore a problem, even a minor one. If I know it's not working properly then I want it fixed, especially since the car is still under warranty. I'd rather Chevy be on the hook for repairs than me!
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 05:19 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Try placing some tape on the windshield to cover over the camera and see if the car reacts any different. Just to test if camera is all Squirrley?
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forward collision alert, track mode