Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #29
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Thanks for putting that together mountain

I have spoken with Goodridge early on and is what actually got them to make a SS1LE set as they are different from an SS/ZL1/ZLE

I found a statement from them on a blog and did some calculations on it.

Their stainless lines virtually have no expansion at our braking pressures. I have measured front and rear caliper pressures while on jack stands(engine running) max I got was 1200 PSI front and 800PSI Rear.

Based on goodridge's data and some "quick" calculations I was coming up a combined (F&R) pedal deflection of about .200" on "Standard OE type rubber".

It would appear we have something much better than the "standard OE rubber" so our actual deflection number would be smaller.

I have not yet put the goodridge front lines on my car so I cannot comment on pedal differences.
Thanks for the added information!

I cannot post the information up, but between FMVSS/DOT, SAE and OEM (GM) specifications, there are/can be a variety of very specific criteria for volumetic expansion. Also, there are two types of "standard OEM rubber [hose]": regular ("HR") and low-expansion ('HL") hose. The Camaro runs "HL", with the SS 1LE front lines having a construction to be much lower than minimum criteria for "HL".
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:57 PM   #30
Mountain

I decided to buy the Goodridge lines. I was on the fence between them and the CF lines provided by the member on here. For my purposes, as a street car that tracks quite a bit, the Goodridge made sense. If my car was more of a track car, I think the CF lines are the way to go. Expansion resistance should be better in the CF lines compared to the SS Goodridge, but not super significant.

Here are the Goodridge lines (actual SS 1LE/ATS-V versions):
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #31
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I decided to buy the Goodridge lines. I was on the fence between them and the CF lines provided by the member on here. For my purposes, as a street car that tracks quite a bit, the Goodridge made sense. If my car was more of a track car, I think the CF lines are the way to go. Expansion resistance should be better in the CF lines compared to the SS Goodridge, but not super significant.

Here are the Goodridge lines (actual SS 1LE/ATS-V versions):
Interested in how these work out and if any install issues. Thanks
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #32
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Interested in how these work out and if any install issues. Thanks
I’ll update, but it wont be for a few more weeks.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:02 AM   #33
Mountain

Update on the Goodridge stainless steel braided hoses:

Installed the hoses a few days ago. They are great quality, fit perfect and come with everything you need to bolt them directly in place of the OEM units. As far as feedback from driving, I only have very limited drive time on my car right now, but I can say there is a small, but noticeable change. The response to initial brake apply seems a touch quicker, the initial brake apply feels a touch firmer and you can feel initial brake input and release better. The brakes feel pretty much the same as stock while you are into the brakes and not upon initial apply or end of release. Maybe modulation is better while on the brakes, but I won’t really know until I’m on track again.

This may paint a bit of a better picture of the small change: The one complaint I’ve always had with the SS 1LE brakes was that they felt soft until you got on them and vague as you fully released them. It’s like GM designed the factory system to be a little too street friendly. These lines add the perfect amount of the initial “bite” and release feel I was looking for. It’s not like the S550 Mustang GT brakes, where they are crazy sensitive to initial apply, but just enough to give a better sense of the “performance brakes” that are on the car.

I’m happy with it and I think I will gain some brake confidence from it on track. I can see them aiding in control of trail braking. Keep in mind I am still utilizing the OEM pads, there is still some compressibility in the system, so I think a better pad will provide the next leap in brake feel. On that topic, I actually think better pads would likely mask what these lines add. Also, in that, I would say these are NOT worth the investment to someone who doesn’t track a lot. The OEM lines are plenty good for those people and I would suggest just different pads.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #34
Mountain

Quick update: The more I am driving my car with these lines, the more I am appreciating them. Every time I hit my brakes I get reminded of how vague they once were to feel upon initiation during street driving. My brakes feel is very similar, but better, to when the stock Ferodo pads are fully bed-in, except that the feeling doesn't ever go away with street driving.

Really looking forward to testing out the feel on track when I get the chance.

Very happy with these for the money.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #35
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Quick update: The more I am driving my car with these lines, the more I am appreciating them. Every time I hit my brakes I get reminded of how vague they once were to feel upon initiation during street driving. My brakes feel is very similar, but better, to when the stock Ferodo pads are fully bed-in, except that the feeling doesn't ever go away with street driving.

Good info. I may be installing these soon. thanks
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:44 AM   #36
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:

Mountain, thx for sharing all of this good info. Any input after driving it on track with the Goodridge lines?
Texan4iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:24 AM   #37
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
What is the model # for ZL1 or ZL1/1LEs?