Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
HokieFan

Drives: 2019 ZL1 m6
AXDSPX-GM30 for 2019 ZL1 vert (bose)?

Getting ready to jump down the rabbit hole and start upgrading my audio - local audio shop recommended this and it is new to me. Looks like it should work...can anybody give me a thumbs up or thumbs down?

https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AXDSPX-GM30
HokieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:30 AM   #2
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
The description says it's designed for non-amplified models...
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
If this is true, it's the first factory interface I know of for non-amplified 2019+ Camaros. That's pretty exciting. I'd call and ask first though, because their website is a little difficult to decipher on this.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Ok, so just a convo with the tech support guy at Metra (for the above device) and it works ONLY with non-Bose 8" (with or without Nav) systems. It will NOT work with a Bose system.
Good news for non-Bose guys but not so much for me...
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #5
HokieFan

Thanks for the input - looks like a hard pass for me. Back to the drawing board. Right now I'm really looking to add a shallow mount sub (maybe 2 depending on size) and an amp (or 2?) to run everything - with room to further upgrade down the road if/when I get the urge. I am scouring the boards trying to learn as much as I can, and am a little overwhelmed at how many pieces are needed to maintain factory features/usability. I'd love to do the work myself as I'm sure it would be far cheaper, however compatibility with 2019s is making me nervous. Doesn't seem to be a lot out there at the moment. :/
Old 09-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Thanks for the input - looks like a hard pass for me. Back to the drawing board. Right now I'm really looking to add a shallow mount sub (maybe 2 depending on size) and an amp (or 2?) to run everything - with room to further upgrade down the road if/when I get the urge. I am scouring the boards trying to learn as much as I can, and am a little overwhelmed at how many pieces are needed to maintain factory features/usability. I'd love to do the work myself as I'm sure it would be far cheaper, however compatibility with 2019s is making me nervous. Doesn't seem to be a lot out there at the moment. :/
Your car is the Bose system? Can’t you just tap into the rear deck speakers with a LOC and use that to send signal to a sub enclosure, powered by an amp? Or does the Bose system already have a sub?
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:58 AM   #7
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
With Bose, why not use the NAV TV ZEN AVB-GM? It gives you control over everything.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #8
HokieFan

I've got a convertible so I'm not sure I'm working with the same speaker setup as the coupe (which is also why I am eyeing the shallow mount subs for underneath the folding top). The NAV TV ZEN AVB-GM does look like the magic bullet, but I've read some conflicting (and confusing to me) reports. I'm just a little trigger shy due to the expense. Local shop has mentioned a couple different similar products but after searching this forum (which is such an awesome resource) and researching on my own, almost everything else I am being suggested is for 2018s and older. My 2019 won't play nice with their recommendations.

I do have the Bose - but with the 'vert, no sub. Thus started my quest for better audio.

While I am a novice to car audio, I am still toying with the idea of doing things myself if I can find pieces I know will work.

The plug and play element is extremely appealing to me - the less cutting/splicing/drilling etc. I have to do, the better. At least for now.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #9
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
I've got a convertible so I'm not sure I'm working with the same speaker setup as the coupe (which is also why I am eyeing the shallow mount subs for underneath the folding top). The NAV TV ZEN AVB-GM does look like the magic bullet, but I've read some conflicting (and confusing to me) reports. I'm just a little trigger shy due to the expense. Local shop has mentioned a couple different similar products but after searching this forum (which is such an awesome resource) and researching on my own, almost everything else I am being suggested is for 2018s and older. My 2019 won't play nice with their recommendations.

I do have the Bose - but with the 'vert, no sub. Thus started my quest for better audio.

While I am a novice to car audio, I am still toying with the idea of doing things myself if I can find pieces I know will work.

The plug and play element is extremely appealing to me - the less cutting/splicing/drilling etc. I have to do, the better. At least for now.
If you have the rear deck speakers this is actually straightforward. All you have to do is use something like Posi tap connectors to tap the left and right rear speaker wires. No splicing. No cutting. You then feed those four wires (left and right positive and negative wires ) into a line out converter. From the line out converter you will have RCA plugs out to your amp. And some enclosures have the loc built in along with the amp so it’s just one single box and all you need to feed it are the four speaker wires and then power and ground, which in these cars, is very easy. Honestly you could do this DIY. The hardest part of the whole thing is just removing panels.

Here is the link to the Posi connectors and a video on how to install them https://www.crutchfield.com/p_669PP6...onnectors.html
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:40 AM   #10
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
With Bose, why not use the NAV TV ZEN AVB-GM? It gives you control over everything.
They’ve put a hold on shipping those. Software issues. Lucky for us B(l)ose owners..... that’s the only interface on the market for 2019-up Camaro with B(l)ose.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:27 PM   #11
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
I wish somebody would make a plug and play sub box for verts. It seems like there is room on the driver's side - if you go around some electronics - for at least an 8" sub, maybe a 10".

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #12
rallenrpd

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Its not in a vert but I installed the Kicker 46hs10 powered 10 inch sub. It was very easy to install. I put mine in the trunk for now and it sound pretty good. Surprisingly good sound in a small package.
rallenrpd is offline   Reply With Quote